Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is he saying to her to close the fund? What is he implying she should do?
He's suggesting Cathie close the funds to new investment. Not close down the fund. At some point, having too much AUM (assets under management) makes it more difficult to invest in smaller market cap stocks.

Edit: damn, got sniped twice!

The Senate's got a version of the EV tax credit renewal now as well: Merkley introduces bill to extend electric vehicle tax credit for 10 years - KTVZ

This one lifts the per-manufacturer cap entirely and just sunsets after 10 years, and makes the credit available as an upfront discount off the cost of the vehicle. I wonder if we'll ultimately end up somewhere in-between the House GREEN act and this one.
Wow.
This would be a dream come true if passed. Now's the time to write your representatives and encourage them to support this bill.
I just wrote Biden and my AZ senators last week about raising/eliminating the cap and lengthening the duration the EV credits can be used--I'll double-down on my efforts now that there's an actual bill to reference.

Thanks for sharing, Willow.

Not greet news but will be a blip long term.

If there was downtime, hopefully Tesla would be able to figure out a way to squeeze some benefit out of it.

83C68050-EE3C-4212-9054-4EC637E26B17.jpeg

Last edited:
What a drama queen. He had to post a notice on his tweeters that he was going to post a link to this article in a public newpaper? Lord, this guy needs to get out of his house!

Samsung's Austin fab has yet to resume full operations following storm

Duh, N.S.S. It's called a 'power outage' and it takes some time to get things spooled back up. You're not supposed to drink the bong water, Sawyer... :p

Cheers!

After-action Report: Tue, Feb 23, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

'Short' Report
:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 43.2% (43rd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 35.6% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 5.08% of Short Volume (77th* Percentile Rank Exempt)​
*As predicted earlier today, this is the HIGHEST level of naked shorting since May 12, 2020
You keep repeating the mistake that "Short Exempt" means "Naked Shorting". It does not. "Short Exempt" is just a trick to violate the uptick rule while pretending not to. I've explained this to you in great detail here and here and other posts too. You really should try to get this right going forward.

What a drama queen. He had to post a notice on his tweeters that he was going to post a link to this article in a public newpaper? Lord, this guy needs to get out of his house!

Duh, N.S.S. It's called a 'power outage' and it takes some time to get things spooled back up. You're not supposed to drink the bong water, Sawyer... :p

Cheers!
Model 3 production cut down to 800 a day? If that's true, dosen't sound too bad.

Cheers!
The tweet posted above is about Fremont, not Austin.

Edit: Just read the whole thread. It's about both Austin and Fremont. He's saying the power outage at Samsung's Austin chip factory is affecting Tesla's Fremont factory.

Last edited:
Stop taking in new money......

Stop taking inflows or move to existing owner only share purchases. He's accusing her of using her massive inflows to prop up stocks that would otherwise be selling off.

He's suggesting Cathie close the funds to new investment. Not close down the fund. At some point, having too much AUM (assets under management) makes it more difficult to invest in smaller market cap stocks.

Edit: damn, got sniped twice!

thanks guys, so that makes sense, And of fund is closed, she could then leverage the fund and borrow against it. they are sort of annoyed with her for not doing that, or are they annoyed because she can’t be crushed or punished in effect squeezing powerful shorts by stopping a slide on a stock like Tesla? Simply by buying more in public fashion?

if I understand correctly, why the hell would she ever want to become levered and then crushable?

I wonder how much of the 10 year note run up is FUD?

I get the impression the Street is having a tantrum trying to re-establish what the WSJ calls the "natural order."

Seems a lot of Street denizens caught theirs in their zipper with some of this broad brush short action trying to take on the working from home retail invasion.

Powell is saying ‘chill’ wrt inflation. I think I’ll not argue with the Fed and just hold.

I mean I’m always gonna hodl anyway. Anyway, you know what I mean and doubly glad I’m long. :)

Last edited: