Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is out of control, they have monopolized cars, energy production and storage, automated manufacturing, mining and multiple other smaller industries. They have far too much money and power and will take over the solar system if world governments don't band together and stop them
images

View attachment 641552

Ohio passed a law to specifically allow Tesla to open stores. At the time Tesla wanted 5 and dealers lobby group said 1. Compromised on 3. Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus have a store. After Tesla considered shutting down all stores a few years ago I imagine Tesla no longer wished to open new stores in Ohio.

Wow, talk about a law tailored for a specific company! But in the end, this opens the door for expanded relief from dealership protectionism.

Wow, talk about a law tailored for a specific company! But in the end, this opens the door for expanded relief from dealership protectionism.

I think Rivian and Lucid will have a good case in a lawsuit.

One law to allow Tesla 3 stores plus another law to allow Lordstown as many stores as they wish.

View attachment 641552

Ohio passed a law to specifically allow Tesla to open stores. At the time Tesla wanted 5 and dealers lobby group said 1. Compromised on 3. Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus have a store. After Tesla considered shutting down all stores a few years ago I imagine Tesla no longer wished to open new stores in Ohio.
Well there you go. The Texas legislature doesn't even need to do any hard work, just get the Word document emailed over from the Ohio legislature, search and replace Ohio with Texas and Lordstown with Tesla and voila...

WSJ: Tesla Technology Is 5 Years Ahead of VW ID.4, a ‘slightly underbaked strudel’

The WSJ article was paywalled, but this is a good summary.

Car columnist for The Wall Street Journal Dan Neil tested the Volkswagen ID.4, vaunted by the manufacturer itself. In his opinion, Tesla should not worry about this car as a real rival, because the technology of the Californian company is five years ahead

Imagine if VW had started work on ID.3/4 back in 2014 instead of working on emissions cheating. That must rank as one of the most expensive corporate mistakes of all time.

Last edited:
WSJ: Tesla Technology Is 5 Years Ahead of VW ID.4, a ‘slightly underbaked strudel’

Car columnist for The Wall Street Journal Dan Neil tested the Volkswagen ID.4, vaunted by the manufacturer itself. In his opinion, Tesla should not worry about this car as a real rival, because the technology of the Californian company is five years ahead

Imagine if VW has started work on ID.3/4 back in 2014 instead of working on emissions cheating. That must rank as one of the most expensive corporate mistakes of all time.

But, but... Edmunds! :rolleyes:

Imagine if VW has started work on ID.3/4 back in 2014 instead of working on emissions cheating. That must rank as one of the most expensive corporate mistakes of all time.
I know another one, that will be staggering if you do the calculation.
Just think about the TSLA shares that Daimler had and for what amount of money they have sold them.
Then calculate what these shares would be worth now and compare that with the overall value of Daimler at this moment.
I made the calculation some time ago, but cannot find my post on the Belgium&The Netherlands thread anymore...:(
If I can find the time I will try to have a go at it again, but probably somebody here will be able to beat me to it.
Anyway... the amount of 'missed money' for Daimler is incredible. Talking about an expensive corporate mistake.:eek:

With respect, I know they aren’t ready to toss the 18650 but I think it’s clear they soon will use new batteries battery in all new model s and x at end of year. I agree they aren’t going to hold up sales until then, but I sure expect folks with model s and looking to upgrade to wait for the larger bigger battery. So I am saying 18650 meet their demise at end of 2021 or early 2022. And I think the model s sales will spike at that time and not a large amount before that
In addition, once new battery flavors are being used in Tesla vehicles with adequate production levels there are still Energy applications for the legacy batteries, and/or, other manufacturers may have access to the older battery production lines.

Imagine if VW had started work on ID.3/4 back in 2014 instead of working on emissions cheating. That must rank as one of the most expensive corporate mistakes of all time.
See The Verge headline for ID.4 review

"VW ID 4 Review: Electric Chill"
"Sometimes you just want an electric car with decent range, low-key technology, and not much else"

Really seems like a lot of praise. /s

UBS raises their TSLA tgt to $730 from $325.

Analyst Patrick Hummel noted, "We stay Neutral on Tesla: The VW ID.3 teardown has underpinned that "all-in" legacy OEMs can challenge Tesla's EV volume leadership with cost-efficient scalable platforms, but Tesla remains the undisputed tech leader, most notably in software. This is the next battleground and main driver of valuation from here, in our view. Becoming one of the largest and most profitable OEMs globally by 2030 is worth ~$200bn in our base case scenario, which leaves >$400bn market value for everything else. We think the lion's share of this value can be generated by software, mainly autonomous driving. With that, Tesla has the potential to become one of the most valuable software companies."

TSLA Stock Price | Tesla Inc. Stock Quote (U.S.: Nasdaq) | MarketWatch

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this posted here yet: https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/status/1367078795044249612?s=21

Waymo and FSD direct comparison. Both given the same destination, both completing the route without disengagement. Interesting thing is that FSD makes it to the grocery store 3 minutes faster than Waymo because it takes a more complicated left turn at the beginning of the route, which Waymo avoided with many right turns.

See The Verge headline for ID.4 review

"VW ID 4 Review: Electric Chill"
"Sometimes you just want an electric car with decent range, low-key technology, and not much else"

Really seems like a lot of praise. /s

The amount of money the average US buyer spent on a new car rose to $37,500 in 2020. One might think most people ask more than "Will it get me from A to B?" when spending that kind of money!