Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MarketWatch - 12 minutes ago: Tesla stock price target more than doubled at UBS, as long-time skeptic sees EV leader ‘winning’ in software

Excerpt:

A long-time skeptic on Tesla Inc. ‘s stock, UBS analyst Patrick Hummel, has more than doubled his stock price target, saying the narrative is no longer about the company’s leadership in electric vehicles, it’s about “winning” in software.

Hummel raised his price target to $730 from $325, while keeping his rating at neutral. His new target has swung to be 20% above the average target of the 34 analysts surveyed by FactSet — $608.58 — from being 46% below it.

He has been neutral on Tesla since March 2020, after being at sell or not rated since at least December 2017.

I know another one, that will be staggering if you do the calculation.
Just think about the TSLA shares that Daimler had and for what amount of money they have sold them.
Then calculate what these shares would be worth now and compare that with the overall value of Daimler at this moment.
I made the calculation some time ago, but cannot find my post on the Belgium&The Netherlands thread anymore...:(
If I can find the time I will try to have a go at it again, but probably somebody here will be able to beat me to it.
Anyway... the amount of 'missed money' for Daimler is incredible. Talking about an expensive corporate mistake.:eek:

If this article from last summer is still valid and you calcute forward to today's valuation, Daimler would be sitting on shares worth $17.5 billion.

How is TSLA not down 3x on QQQ? Some kind of miracle. It appears not to be getting beaten down. I presume when, and if, the macros turn around TSLA will launch.

upload_2021-3-3_9-47-25.jpeg

How is TSLA not down 3x on QQQ? Some kind of miracle. It appears not to be getting beaten down. I presume when, and if, the macros turn around TSLA will launch.
Might have to do with the number of 700 puts *some* people sold expiring friday/next friday & especially at monthly in 2 weeks friday .. ;)

Maybe they don't want to get it outside of manipulation-range (i.e. >680)?

Reactions: phantasms
If this article from last summer is still valid and you calcute forward to today's valuation, Daimler would be sitting on shares worth $17.5 billion.

Not bad for a $50 million investment! Had they not sold far, far too early, probably because they figured it was overvalued.

Had they held tight, every $3000 invested would now be worth $1,050,000.

Some will say it doesn't matter, they made a good profit on their investment, it's all good. I couldn't disagree more . A short-sighted decision is still a short-sighted decision.

Could not be better news for Tesla Energy this morning(paywalled, and please ignore the clickbait headline)....

Jigar Shah to Run U.S. Energy Office That Backed Tesla, Solyndra
As head of the agency’s loan programs office, Shah will oversee more than $40 billion in loan authority available to support clean energy projects. His selection underscores President Joe Biden’s commitment to bringing climate to the fore. The entrepreneur is a longtime champion of clean power at entities including SunEdison Inc. and Generate, which builds, owns, operates and finances sustainable-energy projects.
“We really need to be deploying technologies at speed and scale,” Shah said. “That’s where the loan programs office can provide a bridge.”