Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading to the dentist now (sorry no proctologist) having two wisdom teeth removed. The holes are big enough to store Pea’s but not spare change.

happy with my 1+ share today.

better days ahead
If they leave you unattended, snoop around. Dentists often keep gold and silver on hand ... just sayin'

giphy.gif

Agreed. Hate to say it but I don' think 10% is even close to enough of a drop for a capitulation. I'm thinking 10-15% for Nasdaq and 25-30% for TSLA over 2-3 days of trading. Doesn't matter to me as I'm HODLing, but it's still painful to watch.

Lol I don't think the stock drops anywhere near 30% from these levels and I don't think a 15% Nasdaq drop is in the cards either. If we can get a 5% drop in the Nasdaq, I actually think that will call the bottom for the Nasdaq. Otherwise I expect a continual cut by a 1,000 knives until the 11k area.

And I think as the Nasdaq drops rapidly, the multiple at which TSLA will trade to the Nasdaq will shrink. It's already gone down from like underperforming 8X the Nasdaq to 3X with the increase in the drop in the Nasdaq. If we could get a down 5% Nasdaq day, I think TSLA would limit it's fall to a 2.5X multiple.

InsideEVs - 22 minutes ago: Demand For Tesla Model 3 In Japan Skyrockets With New Reduced Prices

Excerpt:

...However, the biggest news was the recent substantial Model 3 price drop in Japan. Right away, as soon as Tesla lowers prices, skeptics point to a lack of demand, but it continues to be proven that's not really the case.

Regardless of some reports, it seems Tesla is not dealing with a demand issue. If the electric automaker could build more cars at a faster rate, it would likely sell all of them. In fact, Tesla has made it clear time and time again, there is no lack of demand for its vehicles, and there's a reason it's currently building several factories across the globe. However, it can (and often does) play with pricing schemes to encourage even more people to place orders, though it seems to be an effort to "shift" demand more than anything else.

Volume is arguably much more important than margins, though reduced production costs and economies of scale likely allow Tesla to reduce prices, sell more cars, and not take a significant hit to margins...

Love Ms. Wood on every level.

Hers funds are getting hammered right now, and if this continues redemptions will pick up hard.

Hard to buy when funds are in outflow.

I know she has no doubts. Neither do I. My long term TSLA is untouched.

This will pass, but right now the bond market is telegraphing two percent ten year yields. Do not know where stocks have to be for that to be discounted, but could easily be ten percent lower.

In the end, this was all about a correction that had to happen across the board. The QQQs are still so high. Much as we love TSLA, skyrocketing stock values tend to have some crash landings. No that is NOT a SpaceX reference... oh well, maybe.

Lol I don't think the stock drops anywhere near 30% from these levels and I don't think a 15% Nasdaq drop is in the cards either. If we can get a 5% drop in the Nasdaq, I actually think that will call the bottom for the Nasdaq. Otherwise I expect a continual cut by a 1,000 knives until the 11k area.

And I think as the Nasdaq drops rapidly, the multiple at which TSLA will trade to the Nasdaq will shrink. It's already gone down from like underperforming 8X the Nasdaq to 3X with the increase in the drop in the Nasdaq. If we could get a down 5% Nasdaq day, I think TSLA would limit it's fall to a 2.5X multiple.
You may be right; I certainly hope you're right.

But if my memory serves (and that's a big question mark as I get older), drops during capitulations are much deeper and more severe than most imagined a week or two prior. Taking a quick look at the chart, last March we went from 180 to 85, more than 50%. 50% drop from our current high is $450. That's about another 30% from here. Not saying it will be as bad this time around. I would sell today if I truly believed that was going to happen. I haven't sold a share and don't plan on doing so, no matter what happens this week or this month.

But we have to accept it's a non-zero probability.