Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has said no. In the foreseeable future.

Sometimes he says 5 years is the foreseeable future. Sometimes 10 years.

The chances of getting a second Elon after he retires/dies to intelligently invest $1T + in profits per year are low.

The chances global governments being ok with Tesla controlling an ever increasing share of GDP is also low. 10% 20% 50% 90%?

Btw, Elon has already given us a ceiling for how much money he personally wants to spend on colonizing Mars. He’s always said that spending about 1% of GDP would be about right. So that’s about $20B to $60B per year.

His record is mixed but I wouldn't take everything his sources say as certain.
These twitter clout chasers are basically nobodies. No different from a poster here with hit and miss history. There's no good reason to repost here anything these random people say on Dorsey's platform.

If we don't have solid pictures or verifiable receipts, all conjecture about S/X re-release is just a bunch of clickbait, not tradable info.

Last edited:
These twitter clout chasers are basically nobodies. No different from a poster here with hit and miss history. There's no good reason to repost here anything these random people say on Dorsey's platform.

If we don't have solid pictures or verifiable receipts, all conjecture about S/X re-release is just a bunch of clickbait, not tradable info.
I understand your position, but please, let's not have this discussion again.

For the record, IMO, if there is anyone who should never be referred to or quoted here, it's Gordon Johnson. It's like he lives in some people's heads. Proven trash should stay outdoors. (Again, just my opinion).

I understand your position, but please, let's not have this discussion again.

For the record, IMO, if there is anyone who should never be referred to or quoted here, it's Gordon Johnson. It's like he lives in some people's heads. Proven trash should stay outdoors. (Again, just my opinion).
What discussion?
Lol it shouldn't be controversial to say that random attention-seekers spouting clickbait on other platforms are not valuable content here.
I don't even care to name names but the guy you mention is sort of a running joke at this point

Reactions: Johnny Ma
I did not know that.
this is good for Ford, more brake wear, more brake maintenance, more visits and profits to the Ford dealership.
not so good for customers.

I’ve had my Model 3 one week and the regen braking allowing one pedal driving is possibly my favourite feature. Our home is in the hills and although there are several roads in, they all feature a winding steep descent then a winding steep climb. With the Tesla it’s a joy rather than a chore. Outrageous miss if Ford omitted this fabulous feature, before even considering the energy lost to heat and wear brake pads.

Somewhere I read or saw that those frames have been there for months. They may have already been used for setting up the paint shop.
I said that. There has been a video from December showing 4 wrapped bodies outside the factory. To my knowledge, they have stayed there and not been used yet. Now it looks like an additional 4 arrived:

I’ve had my Model 3 one week and the regen braking allowing one pedal driving is possibly my favourite feature. Our home is in the hills and although there are several roads in, they all feature a winding steep descent then a winding steep climb. With the Tesla it’s a joy rather than a chore. Outrageous miss if Ford omitted this fabulous feature, before even considering the energy lost to heat and wear brake pads.
I had a 2013 Ford C-Max Energi that had great regen and zero brake work needed right up to the day I traded it in for my 3P. It would make little sense for there not to be some form of regen as you note.

I expect when people disagree(s ) they should let me know what they disagree and reason/proof to back up their reason. Would you help me to spell out the details of the disagrees. Thanks
Thanks a lot printf42, a normal and sane TMC member. Thanks again for your agree to my response to a very childish behavior of SpaceCash displayed several times instantly as soon as my posts are displayed

I expect when people disagree(s ) they should let me know what they disagree and reason/proof to back up their reason. Would you help me to spell out the details of the disagrees. Thanks
I disagreed
I retain the right to whether I want to reply or not
God help the mods if everyone tried to explain their disagrees

Thanks a lot EVWatcher, a normal and sane TMC member. Thanks again for your agree to my response to a very childish behavior of SpaceCash displayed several times instantly as soon as my posts are displayed
I think you said enough. This doesn’t need to become a name calling or gang up on people scenario. I feel like there was some unneeded art stuff said on both sides at this point. Let’s move on to productive discussion