Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent comment. It is #3 that concerns me from a business point of view.
I think #3 incentivises sales. Bitcoin holders all believe it will increase in value over time. So why not pull the trigger when it drops, buy it now! Might even be a form of hedge to even out demand spikes when things don't look so rosey. Maybe a stretch, but... I like it. Progressive posturing for the future. Its the brand.

Reactions: FireMedic
My research tells me that alternative energy is the cheapest available today, and bitcoin mining will always gravitate toward cheap energy. Also, to me it is obvious that the global fiat financial infrastructure uses vast energy, far in excess of bitcoin mining.
That's misleading because the global financial infrastructure covers almost all transactions where BTC is a tiny fraction. Also excess renewable energy is not always available and pinning down the actual impact of BTC is complicated. Some discussion in the crypto thread Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Discussion Thread

had my exchange on reddit today with someone that thought TSLA made a significant portion of it's income from regulatory credits

1616639844295.png

Electrek - this evening: Model 3 Price Increase

Excerpt:

Tesla has increased the price of the two cheapest trims of the Model 3 – the automaker’s third price change in just two months.

As we previously reported, Tesla has a different pricing model than most other automakers.

The automaker doesn’t rely on third-party franchise dealerships to distribute its vehicles. Those dealerships negotiate the final prices with the end customers

Instead, Tesla owns its entire distribution network and sets prices that are the same for everyone in each market.

Many see this as a big advantage for Tesla, but despite having more control over prices, the automaker has been known to change them a lot.

Sooo..........I'll be very curious to see if something comes out/leaks about a company-wide call in meeting that took place today.

I have a source that works at Tesla who says that it happened and was on the call (with Elon on the call of course) and their reaction was "The next 3 years are going to be wildly amazing". I'm not pressing on them on any details nor would i ever want to get them in trouble so I'm left to speculate on my own about what was in that company wide call. The call was apparently at 6-7 pm today (pacific time zone)

Last edited:
Sooo..........I'll be very curious to see if something comes out/leaks about a company-wide call in meeting that took place today.

I have a source that works at Tesla who says that it happened and was on the call (with Elon on the call of course) and their reaction was "The next 3 years are going to be wildly amazing". I'm not pressing on them on any details nor would i ever want to get them in trouble so I'm left to speculate on my own about what was in that company wide call. The call was apparently at 6-7 pm today (pacific time zone)
That is so tantalizing! Can't wait to read when it leaks (and you know it's going to leak!).

Reactions: JustMe
That is so tantalizing! Can't wait to read when it leaks (and you know it's going to leak!).

Please everyone keep expectations in check. I have absolutely no reason to believe this company call didn't happen especially since this source was right about the refreshed S/X......but since I'm not asking details from them, it could be a situation where they're excited for things that may not make the stock move in such a drastic way.

However, they seem very....very excited. I did throw out a number of ideas of what all could have been discussed on the call(with no expectation of them confirming or denying) like Semi deliveries, 4680 battery progress ahead of schedule, big delivery numbers for 2021, etc........and their response was "Think bigger/crazier". So take that how you want 🤷‍♂️