Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xiaomi is getting into EVs. They should probably partner with Tesla as well.

h6ox2p2er5q61.jpg

Cathie said in a call this morning that she was going to up. The upward move seems to be applying to a lot of tech. PLTR tracking TSLA this morning.
Auntie Cathie going to squeeze some shorts? I’m wearing my Ark Invest polo shirt today.

I simply want to own a beach inflatables rental business for people who want to witness launches from the beach. Maybe a rotisserie chicken stand. People love rotisserie chicken.
Damn that was my idea before I became a teslaair with dreams of island/mountain domination.

Beach umbrella and chair rentals for the beach.
Done by 10am...drinking beer at noon on Tuesday.

SMD Capital's (https://twitter.com/smdcapital?s=20) Robotaxi Analysis: Tesla - Robotaxi Outlook 2021.pdf

TL;DR:
- Robotaxis increase EV utilization rate from 1% (no robo taxis) to 4.9%
- TAM (US) = 2-4T miles per year; (Global) = 10T miles per year
- 500K US Robo Taxis = 1.4% US TAM penetration

Implied Valuation
- Consumer Owned: Implied EBITDA = $8.1K per taxi (90% EBITDA margin)
- Tesla Owned: Implied EBITDA = $45.3K per tax (60%)
- Difference is due to total deployment hours and take rates
- Tesla owned is less profitable on a % basis but more profitable on an absolute value basis
- (ed note: I'm not sure I am reconciling the wide margin disparity and the high margin)

Income Statement
- Opex per mile = $0.25
- Operating Profit per mile = $0.95
- 5K fleet size nets $23.9MM operating profit
- (ed note: feels aggressive)

Other stuff
- State regulations are not a bottleneck
- Predicts human operated robo taxi in 2H 2021

It feels VERY aggressive.

Last edited:
Damn that was my idea before I became a teslaair with dreams of island/mountain domination.

Beach umbrella and chair rentals for the beach.
Done by 10am...drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
I just want to hang out with the dog in your avatar. Everyone else is optional.

I should note that the stock has rebounded materially 2 out of 2 times that I have hit peak despair (ie. curled up in a fetal position sucking my thumb while listening to Justin Bieber). I am my own best indicator.

I see an oral surgeon today. Dentists are my worst fear as I had two sets of permanent teeth for my front 8 upper teeth, so as a 9 yr old they started pulling two permanent teeth every 2 months. Except on the third visit the dentist pulled a wrong tooth. He pulled the second permanent tooth of the last tooth he pulled. And then performed a root canal on it outside my head and then jammed it back up into the socket... So I sorta have a right to be afraid of ALL dentists.
So the good part.... the news broke last night about the Tesla/Toyota deal. I went to bed morose over having to see an oral surgeon today, and yet was able to shift my thoughts to TSLA rising in value. And even though it didn't happen it did get me to sleep some (I won't go further and tell you the dreams I had..well my two man baseball team beat Bo Jackson's was one of them).
So 1:30PM Eastern time I am in the chair. If the stock goes up it was me...I know it is the opposite end of the digestive tract, but still...and this is only a consult but I expect a very negative diagnosis (Not cancer just an implant), and my BP is already elevated.
Perhaps when they do the extraction I can get a bump for the team.
And I’m going to an oncologist for - yes, I am serious; this is not a bad joke at the expense of the female members of this forum - breast cancer. So, while yours is a gruesome story, can we PLEASE end all these medico-correlation anecdotes? Otherwise, a Moderator WILL be stepping in and extracting same without anesthesia.

I did it!!!!!
Bought 1 share at 625 and have completed my Total Share Count Goal(TSCG)!!!
💎🙌

I have owned stock in Tesla & Solar City and always wanted to get my portfolio to such a GLORIOUSLY round, plump, juicy number. Split helped!

Im hoping for good Q1 numbers more than anything. If for any reason Q1 numbers come in low, I hope that the Biden announcement tmrw will get the stock up to a comfortable level where we have a little cushion if it starts to fall.
Either way the growth rate for Q1 YoY is going to be impressive.

Love you all, couldn’t have done this without you guys/girls/cats.
I was a long time reader......and I wanted to know if the stories were true......., glad I signed on and got to know some of you guys through the forum. Thanks Mods.
Go Tesla Go!!!!......... (And DOGE LOL)

And I’m going to an oncologist for - yes, I’m serious - breast cancer. So, while yours is a gruesome story, can we PLEASE end all this medico-correlation anecdotes? Otherwise, a Moderator WILL be stepping in and extracting same without anesthesia.
Our thoughts are with you. I definitely get a sense of family and connection at TMC. We disagree on some things, as all families do, but I’m sure we all agree that what’s most important in life; is life itself.
I’m sure many of us will be sending you positive thoughts. Be well.

Voltswagen™. I'm dying here. This some high level comedy. I had to check to make sure that March still has 31 days and that it's not April 1st yet in some time zone.

Well, it's clear EVs are the future. Now what we've been speculating about for the last 10 years in finally occuring: The legacy car makers are rebranding themselves as EV makers, or making subsidiaries/spin-offs that are pure EV makers (Volvo - Polestar, for example).
Voltswagen.....no longer for the people.