Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, after everyone laughed at their new name, Volkswagen is claiming it was all a joke.

Wow, sounds like VW itself is the joke. So I just bought jokeswagen.com and redirected it to Tesla.com...

I probably have too much time on my hands...

Last edited:
MarketWatch - 20 minutes ago: Government asked to buy only green electricity

Excerpt:

Technology companies Google, Adobe and Hewlett Packard joined environmental groups including the Clean Air Task Force and the Environmental Defense Fund to urge the Biden administration to use its role to force the federal government, the world’s largest electricity customer, to buy 100% clean electricity, available 24/7 and locally sourced.

The proposed approach, which officials at the groups say plays off of President Biden’s use of executive powers on climate change early in his administration and his appointment of climate-focused leaders throughout the executive branch, promotes decarbonizing electricity consumption in each hour on each regional grid, and securing a 24/7 clean energy supply. Read the letter to the White House.

this got me thinking, because in my neighborhood, there are a lot of stop signs...in California many often wave to the oncoming driver, or give a headlight flash to indicate yielding the right of way. Is this universal?

When will we see AI to begin signaling that it’s yielding right of way. seems like low hanging fruit that could be a big time saver. A second here and there saves hours/days of wasted time when extrapolated to a fleet (Like iPhone, not needing a password anymore because of facial recognition).

No, not only is it not universal, I am not aware of any driving jurisdiction in the USA or Canada where drivers should negotiate the right-of-way at an intersection with each other. Because the person who has the right-of-way is determined by who came to a stop at the intersection first. If it was tie, then the position of the vehicles relative to one another determines right-of-way. The right-of-way exists without any need for driver's to negotiate or gift it and the negotiating or gifting of it is almost always the result of a driver that doesn't even know the basic rules of the road.

If someone tries to "gift" the right-of-way to me, when I do not have the right-of-way, I ignore them. If they don't take the right-of-way even though they have had generous opportunities to do so, I will go, generally quickly enough and taking a path such that I always have an out should I see they have decided to finally go. I'm not going to sit there for 5 minutes if they are not taking their right-of-way.

If I ever see an AI driven vehicle signal that it's yielding the right of way to a vehicle that doesn't have the right of way, I will know the Ai developers didn't properly filter which human drivers were used to train the neural net. ;)

No, not only is it not universal, I am not aware of any driving jurisdiction in the USA or Canada where drivers should negotiate the right-of-way at an intersection with each other. Because the person who has the right-of-way is determined by who came to a stop at the intersection first. If it was tie, then the position of the vehicles relative to one another determines right-of-way. The right-of-way exists without any need for driver's to negotiate or gift it and the negotiating or gifting of it is almost always the result of a driver that doesn't even know the basic rules of the road.

If someone tries to "gift" the right-of-way to me, when I do not have the right-of-way, I ignore them. If they don't take the right-of-way even though they have had generous opportunities to do so, I will go, generally quickly enough and taking a path such that I always have an out should I see they have decided to finally go. I'm not going to sit there for 5 minutes if they are not taking their right-of-way.

If I ever see an AI driven vehicle signal that it's yielding the right of way to a vehicle that doesn't have the right of way, I will know the Ai developers didn't properly filter which human drivers were used to train the neural net. ;)

You need roundabouts. Lots of them. All circling a larger roundabout that you go around the opposite way. Then add traffic lights, divided lanes and no entry boxes. Or painted mini roundabouts you go straight over.

Larger roundabouts can be adhoc camping grounds even in winter. So versatile.

Simples.

From the opening whistle, Team Tesla quickly fell into a 20 point hole and it was looking to be another one of those days. But unlike other days in this slump, they mounted a furious rally to go up by 20 for a 40 point swing early in the second quarter. They managed to hold off a few rallies from the Bears, and ended up with a nice 20+ point win and ending their two game skid. Attendance was about 50% higher than yesterday, perhaps due to fans jumping back on the bandwagon heading into the Q1 delivery report.

Today
Score: 635.62
Margin of W/L: 24.33
Attendance: 39,305,708

Season
Record: 29-31
Total margin in wins: 704.54
Total margin in losses: -774.59
YTD gain/loss: -70.05 -9.93%
Avg margin of victory: 24.29
Avg margin of defeat: -24.99
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 5-5
Streak: W1
Avg Attendance: 39,115,589
Avg Attendance of Last 10: 36,126,497

Read those margins and weep Tesla Fanbois ;)

That's a good point. While I'm glad the money is going to a good cause, that won't prevent that $2.5 million from boosting margins on this years miniscule production numbers. Every little bit helps if GM doesn't want to disclose negative margins on the first year's production.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Most likely the same thing as with the Cybertruck line at Fremont: working out the kinks of the new production line to get Austin a head start once mass production can begin. As an added bonus they can already deliver some trucks to themselves or key clients (Pepsi?) for real-life testing and claim in the ER they have started deliveries.

This is what $20Bn in the bank will buy you. :)
Guess what else $20Bn in the bank will buy you?

You can buy land and build a factory on it before you have even revealed the product you're going to make there. THAT'S investing in the future with high efficiency.

(Granted... land purchase and construction costs might be a low-interest government loan, but still...)

That's a good point. While I'm glad the money is going to a good cause, that won't prevent that $2.5 million from boosting margins on this years miniscule production numbers. Every little bit helps if GM doesn't want to disclose negative margins on the first year's production.
Ford gets to take the tax deduction on that donation too.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Kudos to TMC for improving this website. I don't post much but enjoy getting some first rate information. Perhaps I ignore too many but my time is better spent traveling in one of our Teslas; just hooked up a Sherpa bike rack for our MX; was going to buy the Tesla one but they're out of stock.
I am a HODL person but do own some LEAPs which has made us a tidy sum in our accounts.
The Voltswagen rumor seemed funny. But I went to a voltswagen.com and someone already has it which also suggests it was a joke but I do recall Elon having to buy the Tesla.com site.

CEO of Voltswagen of America Scott Keogh earlier today: "This name change signifies our firm belief that our future is in being the peoples’ electric car.”

....later that day....

"We are joking!!! hahaha! funny, yes?"

Last edited: