Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been at this for a long time.:-D

I bought most at $6.4 ($32 pre split).
Highest buy was at $862 I think. ;-)

Edit: I also dipped into margin and bought 400 shares at $640 or so last month.

Not in the top ten, but was lucky enough to get in at $20. That $5K investment has done pretty well. Oh, and max purchase was at $796. Still haven't sold one share.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.04.07 AM.png

Not in the top ten, but was lucky enough to get in at $20. That $5K investment has done pretty well. Oh, and max purchase was at $796. Still haven't sold one share.

View attachment 650731
You guys have some nerves not to sell all these years. After having put all my life saving at $37 post split, I was happy to sell half at $100 (at least happy at the time). I now only wish I had kept them all till date.

In life some lessons are learned the hard way.

what "authority" do the NLRB have to fine Tesla, etc.? They are not a judge and jury. It's a bunch of F-ing bureaucrats
Yeah, I think its actually worse than that: I think they're a bunch of political appointees. At least bureaucrats have to pass a civil service exam. But we have no way to know for sure that these clowns can add (or read). They def aren't on twitter.

The NLRB is trying to point the finger at Elon's tweet as a threat to withhold stock options from unionized workers, when in fact it's the exact opposite: Tesla workers have stock options right now, but would lose them due to UAW policy if they every joined the union.

Maybe that's why 90% of Tesla workers at Fremont voted against unionizing. And that vote was held BEFORE those worker's TSLA options value increased 10x in 2020. How do you think they'd vote now?

The NLRB was desparate to make a headline. They'll get another when they finally lose in court. But Fremont won't be getting a union any time soon.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well, it was a ‘recruitment’ endeavor for all types. I imagine that means R&D people too. And you are aware they’re beyond the pigs now, right? They implanted a monkey and taught it to play video games.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view of the living), R&D involving animals, and even more so people, is subject to a lot of moral and ethical questions nowadays which often slows progress to a crawl.

I would say their current approach to nail down the safety of the technology, the ability to add or remove it with no ill effects, to make it practically unnoticeable, to have it implanted and removed by the precision of a programmed robot rather than human hands in a matter of minutes etc... is the best choice.

I would also say that when the time comes, human volunteers will line up for the chance to be a guinea pig, and that as Elon has demonstrated before, smart people will want to work there.

I think, as is your tendency, your concerns are misplaced and focused on the wrong aspect.
OT, Future animal tricks becoming amazing! Give speech to dogs? (Bandit's got some explaining to do-do).

Here’s a fun weekend challenge to get us to Monday sooner.....
Who has the largest spread between their cheapest shares and their most expensive shares purchased? Please always adjust the prices for the split to make the math easy...

I’ll go first. Can anyone beat $705.05 ?
lowest is $17.80
highest is $722.85

OK all of you posting triggered my curious mind...

...I came in late on the coat tails of many of you here. $36 and $658 or a 622 spread.

Why are so many of you obsessed by short term price movements? Aren’t we all here for the long run?
Some of us have LEAPS, (does that mean I'm not a true (all-shares-always-HODLING) TSLA long? Does it make me a bad person?) so we must ponder over the best time to sell the LEAPS we've held the longest and buy others that won't expire till much later. Sadly, the only TMC advice with respect to my strategy of continuously rotating my LEAP portfolio to the latest available expirations (so they never even remotely come close to expiring worthless) while maximizing my total account Delta either:
A) applies to CALLs that expire in what I personally consider to be a stark raving risky short time, or
B) require a level of basic knowledge about puts and hedging well above my understanding of options or
C) never seem to address this very basic, but to me, very essential obvious question

The bedrock of the labor Union movement has always been the negotiation of good living wages. I am a retired Union electrician, woven into the fabric of good living wages is the idea that a rising tide raises all ships. I still believe in those tenets.

All those things said, I would “opt” for the stock options. It makes great sense for Tesla employees.

Weekend discussion:

"A team at Harvard University found that between February and October 2020 in the US, workers in the bottom quartile (annual income of US$27,000 or less) saw employment drop by almost 20%, while among those making more than US$60,000 per year it rose by 1%."

There's a lot more in the report that talks a lot about COVID, Climate Change, 2020, and wealth.

The bedrock of the labor Union movement has always been the negotiation of good living wages. I am a retired Union electrician, woven into the fabric of good living wages is the idea that a rising tide raises all ships. I still believe in those tenets.

All those things said, I would “opt” for the stock options. It makes great sense for Tesla employees.
Like many good things, they start out with good intentions. Unions have seemed to go too far to the negative these last several years.

Last split was around 1,500. I really think splitting anywhere near 1,000 will benefit the stock because while some brokers allow partial shares, not all do. Young investors can be very excited about Tesla, but with limited means, may not be able to purchase TSLA at $1K.
The split happened at about $1,500 but that’s not where it was when announced. I can’t actually recall where the SP was when they announced the split - I think it was around $1000. I’ve no idea if Elon would want to split it again so soon later this year when it breaches $1000. And since splitting has zero relevance to a change in SP 🙄, I’m totally for it. 😉
You people and your island talk must have WAY more TSLA than me...
Yes, that seems likely. But keep adding to your position as you can. There’s still time.

Here’s a fun weekend challenge to get us to Monday sooner.....
Who has the largest spread between their cheapest shares and their most expensive shares purchased? Please always adjust the prices for the split to make the math easy...

I’ll go first. Can anyone beat $705.05 ?
lowest is $17.80
highest is $722.85
$859.98

Lowest: 23.90
Highest: 883.88 😢

1617547490020.jpeg

Last edited:
"How Salt + Clay Lithium Extraction fits with Tesla's Lithium Strategy" | The Limiting Factor

"This video is on how Tesla's Salt + Clay Lithium Extraction fits with Tesla's Lithium Strategy. In other words, I’ll provide some balance to the fear, uncertainty, and doubt, aka FUD, that’s dominated the narrative on Tesla’s extraction process. Then, in the next video, I’ll describe the specific technical challenges and potential processes involved. This is part thirteen of the Lithium Mine to Battery Line Series to break down and understand what was unveiled at Tesla Battery Day."​

Last edited:
I've never traded pre-market. How do you tell if this is enabled in your preferred platform?

EDIT: Found Fidelity extended trading:

View attachment 650660
Pre-market and post-market hours trading is always SHARES only, never (for us individual traders) pre-market nor post-market OPTIONS trading, is that correct?

Yeah, I think I know the answer, but asking again because I'd hate to be missing something and I've assumed wrongly about so many things before.

some demand and non-demand chairs in between those two points as well; off the top of my head - low $40’s, low to mid 50’s, some $60ishes.
I must say that Neuralink worries me. If what you says happens, there are dangerous possible scenarios ahead of us.
I hope (but optimistic) that Elon thinks about that. A device that lets you be 1000x intelligent than others must be distributed with care. You don't want WS sharks to be the first to have it, nor dictators or serial killers.

Both intelligence and economic resources are already unevenly distributed in the world, but right now there is a difference: "intelligence" (whatever we wanna call it) follows a "bell curve", which is the natural distribution related to randomness. When nature is involved, bell curves occurs.
But economic resources follow an exponential/Pareto/power law/long tail distribution. The shape of the curve is completely different, which means that the "distance" between maximum and minimum values is completely different.
In a power law the distance between a mean value and the max van be staggering. It's the difference between Bezos/Musks and the middle class: we are talking hundreds of billions.
The mechanics are the same: if you are much more intelligent this changes everything, like a World Chess champion playing against first-time beginners. You can basically win all games at the same time without effort.

Elon is a libertarian, but he is pro-regulation regarding AI: this is not by chance.
I hope he will be pro some kind of regulation regarding a true Neuralink intelligence-multiplier device.
Without question we’re doomed. We’ll screw it up like we do everything else. You won’t be here to worry about it, but your kids might and for sure their kids.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: capster and Paul_SF
Pre-market and post-market hours trading is always SHARES only, never (for us individual traders) pre-market nor post-market OPTIONS trading, is that correct?

Yeah, I think I know the answer, but asking again because I'd hate to be missing something and I've assumed wrongly about so many things before.
If anyone knows or figures out a way for retail traders to trade options in off hours please let me know!

Thanks.