Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, you had me at hello...

El Gordo isn't getting paid by the logic-bomb; he's getting paid by the view.

Better to starve him of attention, and let him fade back into obestity... :p

Cheers!
Agreed, but sadly our forum does the opposite, feeding the trolls with lavish never-ending banquet after banquet. Which raises the obvious question. It's mandatory, in order to use this forum, that we have a working member-specific Ignore system. I ignore over 40 people out of necessity.

Is there - or could they arrange for a system where I won't see any posts with specific words like "Gordo" or whatever?

PS.......sorry for all the post about short term stock movements today. I never play short term calls. This was my first time so I have special interest in today's price movement. After today(or tomorrow) I'll go back to not caring at all
I continually debate a similar move and again today with leaps deep ITM. But then I remember what happened to my brother Bob. Twice. I would also like hear how this turns out, but I suspect very few people share that reality unless it's good news.

Would be fun to compare daily post frequency on this thread vs Stock Price. It's very quiet here considering, so something's up. Maybe a lot of staring at option prices while drawing shapes on screens, IDK.

I prefer to use The Force.

1617647086826.png

So what's knocking it back below $700 each time? Can't be sell orders, surely? Shorting?? Any other mechanisms???

Shorting. Essentially fake transactions on shares that don't really exist. There are approximately zero people currently waiting for $700 to sell.

Edit:. This is sometimes referred to as "market making".

Man, someone is really trying HARD to keep TSLA under $700 today. Every time it pops up above the volume pops to bring it back down.

At some point this coiled spring is going to explode out, they can't keep this up forever like this.

Tomorrow is going to be quite ugly for these clowns as they try to unwind all the nonsense they've put in play today.

You'd think there would be a bit of transparency required of these market makers who are given such extraordinary powers. Like a moment-by-moment log of naked shorting that trails the action by a week or so. I'd love to see what today looks like from their side.

Not to mention the % of trucks that have carried plywood more than once or twice is probably in the single digits. I grew up in truck country, and still live there really. Most trucks are grocery getters.

This is how you load plywood in a 6 1/2' bed:
1617647758942.png

Easy-peasy. Even in an 8' bed, the plywood should be bundled together so the top sheets can't lift out due to aerodynamic lift. There is no need to prevent it from sliding out the back unless you just want to keep the troopers happy or are going to be drag racing up steep hills. It's actually easier to load and unload from a shorter bed because any items heavy enough to not fly away need to placed all the way forward in the bed in case it's necessary to brake hard in an emergency. This ends up being a lot of extra work to move heavy items all the way forward in a long bed.

Don't be a gaper and load them slanted forward on top of the closed tailgate. That's a sure sign you don't have a clue what you are doing. 10' sheetrock is best in a long-bed. More often it's delivered by the retailer on a large flatbed. This "how-to tutorial" is important from a Tesla public relations standpoint because I don't want to see any of you gapers in a Cybertruck with sheet goods tilted forward on a closed tailgate. Tesla gets enough bad press without boneheaded maneuvers like that.