Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It feels like we deserved a bigger move higher, but remember we're up $100 in a week. It makes sense that there was some resistance and profit taking around the previous high at around $710. Once we get through that though..

Except when you look at the 2 and 3 week charts, we're lower than we were 2-3 weeks ago. No way around it, this stock action is a joke. Doesn't matter what it did in the past 5 trading days

In your case, it should be pointed out that IBEW is one of the best unions you can be a member of. My father was a Union electrician in Los Angeles (street lighting, then commercial interior lighting). He was a lazy bastard, but made out well all in all.
I am generally pro-Union, but UAW has had a stench associated with it for a long time.

> " ...best unions... He was a lazy bastard, but made out well all in all."

Your definition of "best" differs from mine...

We need another stock dividend just like last time. @Artful Dodger has been talking about it for awhile.
Burn dem bastages real good it will.
As I recall, Tesla could only do at most a ~2:1 split at the mo.

Could the board already have decided to approve having more shares through a split?

If so, do they have to announce that decision before announcing the split?

Could Tesla announce the board’s approval of shares for the split along with Q1 earnings? Or, is that something that would take place at the annual shareholders’ meeting?

Anyone know the mechanics of this?

Could the board already have decided to approve having more shares through a split?

Could Tesla announce the board’s approval of shares for the split along with Q1 earnings? Or, is that something that would take place at the annual shareholders’ meeting?

Discussed at length. They can 2:1 it at will. Anything more than that and discussions need to happen.

I don’t see them doing that at this point. SP is not high enough currently. If it gets a good amount over $1k and shows it wants to stay there for an extended period of time, then I think we can talk about with a little confidence.

Needs a shareholder vote to approve an increase in the maximum permitted shares, might as well set it to ∞ and be done with it...

It feels like we deserved a bigger move higher, but remember we're up $100 in a week. It makes sense that there was some resistance and profit taking around the previous high at $710. Once we get through that though..
Agreed. A measured, technical supported climb is more likely at this stage. Closing above 690 (50 day exponential moving average) today would be an excellent outcome for continued appreciation. Of course, closing over 720 (50 day simple moving average) would be even better.

Discussed at length. They can 2:1 it at will. Anything more than that and discussions meed to happen.

I don’t see them doing that at this point. SP is not high enough currently. If it gets a good amount over $1k and shows it wants to stay there for an extended period of time, then I think we can talk about with a little confidence.
Yes, I understand about the ~2:1 and that it can happen at will. That is not what I’m asking about. I also agree that a split is not imminent.

I’m asking about setting things up for a split—or more than one split— at say 5:1 in the future.

Presumably the set up is under discussion or underway now.

I was wondering about an announcement from the board that it has approved a larger splits than the current ~2:1.

Reactions: FireMedic
I've been a little puzzled as well. Perhaps below-expectation delivery numbers weren't priced in, and the stock price going into Friday was primed to sell the news. Instead, we've just floated upward a little bit. Also, the lack of S/X in the mix might be causing hesitation going into earnings since those are historically Tesla's highest margin vehicles. Investors might also be concerned about S/X production delays dragging out into Q2, and are waiting for confirmation on when S/X resume deliveries.

I can't help but wonder if Jerome's move to Semi and the S/X production issues are related. I know that's practically heretical to say on this forum.
As Rob said, q1 2021 will feel very similar to q3 2019. The majority of the ramped up Ys are all the high margin awd/p models. Also I think MIC LFP models carry a higher margins with Sr+, there will most likely be a surprise during earnings without the help of s/x margins.

The more that the Nasdaq goes up....the more ARK and the associated ARK "Stocks" rebound hard today......and the more the 10 year drops ( down 3.4% today), , the more silly this TSLA trading action becomes.

I know TSLA and manipulation come hand in hand, I've been buying TSLA shares for 8 years now. But this is one of the most blatant examples of it that I think I've ever seen given the different factors mentioned above. The Nasdaq and QQQ are just about to break their ATH's and we just had our best quarterly numbers ever in the weakest quarter. I really got no words for this

Last edited:
“Given significant architectural changes, including fundamental improvements to pure vision, there is limited value to testing 8.x. Hoping to upload V9.0 & button next month.”

-Elon Musk Circa March 20th 2021.
17 Days Ago
24 Days Left in the month

Seems very likely that Elon would choose 4/20 for the button release, no?

The more that the Nasdaq goes up....the more ARK and the associated ARK "Stocks" rebound hard today......and the more the 10 year drops ( down 3.4% today), , the more silly this TSLA trading action becomes.

I know TSLA and manipulation come hand in hand, I've been buying TSLA shares for 8 years now. But this is one of the most blatant examples of it that I think I've ever seen given the different factors mentioned above. The Nasdaq and QQQ are just above to break their ATH's and we just had our best quarterly numbers ever in the weakest quarter. I really got no words for this

It's frustrating, but I remain convinced that the stock won't be held down for long.

It's frustrating, but I remain convinced that the stock won't be held down for long.

It definitely feels like Wall St was caught by surprise with the P/D numbers and had essentially placed their bets on them coming in as a disappointment and now they need time to unwind those bets and positions themselves accordingly. This however is making it very obvious just how much control they can have over a stocks movement.

That part is something I kinda expected. But man the volume is puzzling to me and quite shocking.

As Rob said, q1 2021 will feel very similar to q3 2019. The majority of the ramped up Ys are all the high margin awd/p models. Also I think MIC LFP models carry a higher margins with Sr+, there will most likely be a surprise during earnings without the help of s/x margins.
I wonder if the FSD beta buzz has increased take rate on new or existing vehicles.

Reactions: Nightshifter
Yes, I understand about the ~2:1 and that it can happen at will. That is not what I’m asking about. I also agree that a split is not imminent.

I’m asking about setting things up for a split—or more than one split— at say 5:1 in the future.

Presumably the set up is under discussion or underway now.

I was wondering about an announcement from the board that it has approved a larger splits than the current ~2:1.
I don’t think it’s a top priority but perhaps now that they’ve done it once with excellent support and results, subsequent ones will happen quicker.

I’d say I don’t care because there’s no fundamental change that occurs but we know that’s bs. Psychology is real and it can turn anything upset down.

I don’t think it’s a top priority but perhaps now that they’ve done it once with excellent support and results, subsequent ones will happen quicker.

I’d say I don’t care because there’s no fundamental change that occurs but we know that’s bs. Psychology is real and it can turn anything upset down.
Plus it gives me more shares for my proxy army....so there is that.