Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrek - this morning: Tesla Powerwall Plant in NYC

Excerpts:

A small new virtual power plant project by Swell Energy has been approved in Queens, New York, and it is going to be powered by Tesla Powerwall...

“Energy and smart grid solutions provider Swell Energy (Swell) today announced the start of a residential solar plus storage program for homeowners in Queens, New York. The program will be deployed in partnership with Con Edison, the energy company that serves New York City, and aims to deliver solar-powered home batteries to eligible customers creating an aggregated network of distributed energy resources.”

...But if successful, it could open the door to more virtual power plant projects in New York since the state has the goal to deploy 3,000 megawatts (MW) of installed energy storage capacity by 2030.

Great video about Tesla tax credits. As predicted, by everyone except GJ, tax credits seem to be increasing; not decreasing!

I attached a screenshot of the take away points.

However, my personal key point is that the amount of income from Tesla selling credits is increasing due to economies of scale.

Just as we see margins increasing with higher production; so too, will we see growth in reg. credit sales, in spite of decreasing number ($value) of credits per vehicle. Reg. Credit sales could become more meaningful to TSLA’s bottom line, not less

View attachment 651376
Wow, that’s really interesting. I didn’t understand the China credits at all.
So it looks like extra points go to not only EVs, but range-efficient EVs. Does not bode well for Chinese Electric Hummer sales.

(Electric Hummer. Sounds like something dirty that Neal Stephenson would come up with. edit: or PKD)

Also, Tesla MIC exports to EU get China credits and EU credits? Expect MIC M3 to continue full blast even after Berlin MY start shipping.

Would be a great thing to bring up at the annual shareholder meeting. I'm sick and tired of Tesla getting manipulated, and usually to the downside.
I would prefer to let Elon split the stock when he thinks it's the right time to split. I like unexpected surprises if you know what I mean.

Elon knows the game that's being played and I'm in it for the long-haul so he can split it how and when he feels it will do the most good.

Last edited:
I would just assume let Elon split the stock when he thinks it's the right time to split. I like unexpected surprises if you know what I mean.

Elon knows the game that's being played and I'm in it for the long-haul so he can split it how and when he feels it will do the most good.

IIRC Tesla/Elon can not do anything more than a roughly 1.9:1 split at this point without a vote to authorize more shares- and seems unlikely they'd do that small a split- so they can't really "surprise" us with a new split as things stand unless it's a quite small one.

:rolleyes:
excerpt:
"Frankly, we are not sorry that it's only 830 horsepower. There aren't many internal combustion engines that can say that. Will we be able to grow horsepower in the future? We are going to push that capability, and as the technology gets to the point where our batteries are smaller and more efficient, we will improve performance with any chance we get," Oppenheiser said. It helps that the Ultium battery technology GMC uses is extremely modular.

I would just assume let Elon split the stock when he thinks it's the right time to split. I like unexpected surprises if you know what I mean.

But that's the point. Supposedly there needs to be a shareholder vote, since a board vote can only add some lower number of shares, to allow significantly more than 2 billion shares for Elon to be able to do that. So lets just vote that Tesla can have 200 billion shares and they can keep splitting whenever they find a reason. Presumably the easiest way to do this vote would be at the annual meet. So unlikely to be a split before that. Although if the board vote to add what they can it would probably still be possible to do a 2:1 now.

I totally agree. And while we would all love to see today’s true value for TSLA it matters not for us long term HODL’ers. And in fact a SP that’s crazy high could be discouraging for some new employees...I’m sure we all agree; the people of TSLA are our most valuable asset. Slow and steady is ideal for recruitment me thinks.

This question shows that it’s time to stop making up ‘news’ to influence the algos. There’s enough fake news roaming the internet, let’s not add to it.
I wonder if the algos target this thread or just TMC in general.....if TMC in general, sounds like a fun new thread. I’d suggest “Literally Unbelievable Rumors“

Excerpts:

A small new virtual power plant project by Swell Energy has been approved in Queens, New York, and it is going to be powered by Tesla Powerwall...

“Energy and smart grid solutions provider Swell Energy (Swell) today announced the start of a residential solar plus storage program for homeowners in Queens, New York. The program will be deployed in partnership with Con Edison, the energy company that serves New York City, and aims to deliver solar-powered home batteries to eligible customers creating an aggregated network of distributed energy resources.”

...But if successful, it could open the door to more virtual power plant projects in New York since the state has the goal to deploy 3,000 megawatts (MW) of installed energy storage capacity by 2030.
Seems like a smart use of subsidy money. Any state with power challenges (talking to you Texas and California), get your solar owners to help pay for grid stabilization by throwing money that you will have to spend anyway (if you care about the citizens and want a stable power grid). Win-win. Oh, and it’s green. Why this isn’t the standard, I don’t know.

Wow, that’s really interesting. I didn’t understand the China credits at all.
So it looks like extra points go to not only EVs, but range-efficient EVs. Does not bode well for Chinese Electric Hummer sales.

(Electric Hummer. Sounds like something dirty that Neal Stephenson would come up with. edit: or PKD)

Also, Tesla MIC exports to EU get China credits and EU credits? Expect MIC M3 to continue full blast even after Berlin MY start shipping.

That sounds like a credible analysis of emissions credits in China with the biggest variable being the market value of the credits.

It concludes with ~$1950 additional profit per Tesla China vehicle in 20121 which is considerably more than the ~$900 per vehicle in 2020. Very nice!

I wonder if the algos target this thread or just TMC in general.....if TMC in general, sounds like a fun new thread. I’d suggest “Literally Unbelievable Rumors“

Seems like a smart use of subsidy money. Any state with power challenges (talking to you Texas and California), get your solar owners to help pay for grid stabilization by throwing money that you will have to spend anyway (if you care about the citizens and want a stable power grid). Win-win. Oh, and it’s green. Why this isn’t the standard, I don’t know.

I dunno, when an electrical utility's customers become less dependent upon the utility it reduces the ability of the utility to bend them over their knee and spank their bare asses! The customers might start to feel like they own the utility. I like that but I doubt most utilities will!

Probably should just be buying shares.
You said it.

I don't trust the overall the shenanigans that keeps making SP literally opposite reality. Setting a near date feels like driving a car off the cliff, should I jump out, or just get lucky like Starsky and Hutch. I will only do leaps, none planned here. Good luck!

1617734101918.png

Reactions: WattsHappening
However, once they migrate FSD to a subscription model it will be more palpable for consumers expense wise.
Here is a “what if”.

What if FSD was rolled into the standard configuration of the S, X & Y, theses being the vehicles holding more passengers or luxury models? Tax rebates would cover the cost in many cases as well as efficiencies.

If FSD confidence is high then it should be always available as a safety related option. Seatbelts are not an option...

Model 3 might be the only model using subscriptions.

Benzinga - 12 minutes ago: Tesla Dominates Italian EV Market

Excerpt:

The month of March smiled upon Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA), which — thanks to its Model 3 — conquered the title of the best-selling electric car in Italy. According to the data collected by the Italian National Union for Foreign Vehicles (UNRAE) on car registrations, 1,363 Model 3s were sold in Italy last month. This figure allows Tesla Model 3 to overtake other electric cars, such as Fiat 500 (1,056 units), Smart Fortwo (759 units), as well as Renault Twingo and Zoe (respectively at 738 and 721 units).

That must be fake news. I've been told many times that even the Model 3 is simply too big for many Italian streets and will never sell well there. :oops:

/s

Not that I would pretend to know what’s inside Elon’s head, but I’m pretty sure, were he interested in shareholder hopes and dreams after a monster 2020 that saw 10x in share price, he’d rather enthrall us with FSD than a surprise stock split.
I'm good with YOY quarterly production increases for large expensive widgets, with increasing margins as volume production scales.

Excerpts:

How fitting. Isn't NY where AC power started?