Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Feels like that poster decided the conclusion and wrote some stuff to support it. I don't see anything unique about the put / call open interest. If anything this gamma which can cause a squeeze had been more muted than in the past.
Agreed, though it's broadly in the direction of accurate. I think I posted this exercise a few weeks back and estimated the float to be about half as tight. That's still pretty insane for a mega-cap.

What this ignores is the nearly unlimited ability of market makers to naked short and mitigate a lot of these options losses.

Something along these lines will happen IMO, just not how these kids think. I could easily see TSLA "slow squeeze" up to $1200 in this calendar year, but there's a LOT of selling after $1T market cap if it comes any time soon.

ReddyLeaf

Mar 19, 2014
WA State
Chicago Tribune - hour ago: Good Samaritan Tesla Driver

Excerpts:

“My baby’s been shot! My baby’s been shot!” she screamed, while grasping the motionless toddler in one arm and frantically waving her free arm to try and flag down someone, anyone.

The man, who had his driver’s side window down on his Tesla because it was so warm, said there were gawkers who drove past and then sped away. But the man, who requested that he not be identified, said his adrenaline kicked in...

He told them what happened, and they were able to gather evidence, including blood from his back seat. The man also shared the dashcam video that is installed in his Tesla.
Curt, thank you so much for this. Your contributions to this community are beyond words. Everything that you link is of great worth to all.
“I mean, they needed help,” he said. “Ultimately, I could not have that on my conscience. … I could be inconvenienced, and that was the cause of someone’s death?’'

goinfraftw

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2017
USA

This report is pretty fascinating about 2020 and COVID's effects on the markets, worldwide.

Some notes:
- After an estimated contraction of –3.3 percent in 2020, the global economy is projected to grow at 6 percent in 2021, moderating to 4.4 percent in 2022.
- Consistent with the pro-jected global recovery, oil prices are projected to grow 30 percent in 2021 from their low base in 2020, in part reflecting the OPEC+ (Organization of the Petro-leum Exporting Countries, including Russia and other non-OPEC oil exporters) supply curbs (Figure 1.15).
- A longer crisis could intensify social unrest, which could damage sentiment and slow activity further. Necessary reform efforts could also be derailed, with negative impacts on long-term growth and debt sustainability. Recent IMF staff analysis suggests that food price volatility could play a key role in triggering unrest.
- Global emissions were about 4 percent lower in 2020, broadly in line with reductions in output (Figure 1.22). This decline is likely temporary. The global economy must produce similar declines every year of the next 30 to lower emissions 80 percent by 2050.
- The prices of copper and iron ore, heavily used in the construction and manufacturing sectors, increased by 30 percent and 35 percent, respectively. The strong demand for electric vehicles also pushed up prices of metals, such as cobalt and nickel, that are used in their batteries. Precious metal prices decreased by 6 percent after reaching highs in August 2020 as demand for safe assets faded.The IMF base metal price index is projected to increase by 32.1 percent in 2021 and decrease by 4.5 percent in 2022.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 9.04.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 9.05.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 9.12.00 PM.png

Jun 1, 2018
Canada

According to the government report, the Tesla Model 3 was the top selling EV in B.C., claiming the majority of the province’s $3,000 CEV for B.C. rebate.”

B.C. is quickly becoming a leader in the ZEV industry. In 2020, B.C. had the highest uptake of ZEVs in North America. New ZEV sales averaged 9.4% over the year despite the pandemic, and with more British Columbians choosing ZEVs, we’re investing in the supports needed to meet the increasing demand for ZEVs on B.C. roads while moving toward our CleanBC goals,” said Bruce Ralston, Minister of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation.”

Last edited:

joh01652

Supporting Member
Jun 29, 2019
Teslaland
Maybe the Toyota/Tesla partnership has to do (at least partly) with this: Toyota unveils new cars with advanced driving assist technology

TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp on Thursday unveiled its new Lexus and Mirai models in Japan, equipped with the company’s latest advanced driver assistance that enables safe driving and wireless software updates.

The carmaker’s new driving assist technology, or Advanced Drive, is a level 2 autonomous system that helps drivers with driving conditions such as keeping the car in its lane, maintaining the distance from other vehicles, changing lanes on expressways or other motor-vehicle only roads.

The Toyota vehicles getting this Tesla setup are also getting "an advanced parking assistance system that allows drivers to park safely."

Quite the coincidence if you ask me...

MikeAtkinson

Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2019
UK
I think it likely we will get some analyst upgrades in the next few days, but that most changes will come a week or two after earnings.

It takes only a few minutes to plug the P&D numbers into a spreadsheet, but before publication of an upgrade they need to go through internal processes which can take several days, perhaps weeks if they are busy with other things. Given this time lag many analysts will probably want to wait until earnings,

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC