Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the rub. What is reasonable? Too cheap and it blows up Tesla's ability to sell the full package (and pisses off people who paid 4-10k for it). Too expensive and nobody cares.

I think it's possible that the subscription will be limited in some way, maybe just no ability to use it as a Robotaxi but that brings up other issues.

We have to ask ourselves, is our analysts learning? AJ seems like he is.

Let's say $100 activation fee + $150 / month. So to reach $10,000 it would take 5 1/2 years. If I'm the type of person who drives a car for many years then maybe I'd rather pay the upfront $10k. Otherwise its a low cost way to get a lot of people to try the system and probably convert a lot more buyers to end up paying ~$10k.

What does the interviewee mean when he says, "app on your phone" to call a Tesla? Who makes the app? Tesla? Or some other third party? If it is Tesla's app, this means Tesla already has a functional Tesla Network app? Or will Tesla Network simply be part of the existing Tesla app? I wonder how much revenue Tesla will bring in from the Las Vegas Loop?

Here's the Las Vegas Loop webpage from The Boring Company (guess I've never bothered to check it out, looks really cool, went here to see if I could find a Tesla Network app, but no luck): LVCC — The Boring Company

Incidentally, every time I see a Model X open its gull wing doors it makes me want to buy one; a very peculiar urge since I'm not that materialistic. I'm really glad Tesla doesn't advertise, for my sake.

What does the interviewee mean when he says, "app on your phone" to call a Tesla? Who makes the app? Tesla? Or some other third party? If it is Tesla's app, this means Tesla already has a functional Tesla Network app? Or will Tesla Network simply be part of the existing Tesla app? I wonder how much revenue Tesla will bring in from the Las Vegas Loop?

Here's the Las Vegas Loop webpage from The Boring Company (guess I've never bothered to check it out, looks really cool, went here to see if I could find a Tesla Network app, but no luck): LVCC — The Boring Company

Incidentally, every time I see a Model X open its gull wing doors it makes me want to buy one; a very peculiar urge since I'm not that materialistic. I'm really glad Tesla doesn't advertise, for my sake.
Tesla already had a network app functional during autonomy day.

Will be interesting to see who’s side the Biden administration takes on this one.

LG vs. SK settlement as impacts Ford and Georgia’s new SK battery plant.
If Biden is smart he will take a hard stand against IP theft and encourage them to settle. There is so much demand for batteries that SK's production will not steal sales from LG. SK should pay a licensing fee to LG and they should kiss and make up and make batteries as fast as possible. This will be a good test of how effective of a President he will be.

Let's say $100 activation fee + $150 / month. So to reach $10,000 it would take 5 1/2 years. If I'm the type of person who drives a car for many years then maybe I'd rather pay the upfront $10k. Otherwise its a low cost way to get a lot of people to try the system and probably convert a lot more buyers to end up paying ~$10k.
Well there's inherent risk to the 10k spent if it's not transferrable and if holds little value after a car crash/trade in.

Reactions: LYTRIDR
For some perspective, we are currently down ~$35 since March 1st on nothing but astronomically amazing TSLA news and macro tailwind. The contentment here with a slight repop to $685 is unacceptable!

We got a lot of uncertainties and the CEO saying S deliveries will start next month in January and still nothing there is a concern. Same for "the button" - typical Elon "comes next week" promises :(

• Disagree
Reactions: Pezpunk
I don’t watch him very much, I found his video entertaining but have low information bandwidth.
But this one he actually did make a good point.

The Vegas boring loop is going to be a huge Trojan horse for Tesla, everyone who goes to Vegas and tried the loop would have installed Tesla app, and many of them could be riding in a Tesla for the first time. This could bring in more car sales and makes TN rollout smoother to onboard users.

Another thing he mentioned is once Tesla got those cars operating autonomously for a while, it would give regulators confidence to approve them to operate on the roads, but it seems he is not aware there are many states already allowing autonomous cars on the road.

Improving margins now is the right approach IMO.

Tesla was well suited to dominate the market with multiple gigas for the next several years BEFORE the recent infrastructure upside. They are able to strongly complete against other manufacturers who still qualify for previous subsidies. This new potential windfall doesn’t help produce any more batteries, build out the gigas any faster or produce more vehicles, rather it likely exacerbates with increased demand to an already backlogged product being made as fast as possible. So, for Tesla to take 5% or so of this potential rebate to increase margins is prudent.

Think about how fast Tesla is running right now....sprinting with the gigas, battery innovation to speed battery scale....who is even close to being better positioned to benefit from a new US rebate? I see Tesla’s position here as eerily perfect. It’s almost not fair....

Who is this guy and what has he done with the real Adam 😂
He makes a great point about comparing the other EV manufacturers and their ICE divisions that are the thorn in their toxic side and how do they get rid of that part.
Wow, he finally got it!

Love this phrase "Tesla has zero internal combustion entanglement" :confused:

It's been 5 years since FL non-nosecone MS and still someone is putting pre-FL nosecone pics on that huge wallscreen? srsly? Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-09 um 08.56.47.png

Last edited:

Who is operating the system day to day - I expext Tesla not Boring as it's their cars?
So Boring only get's initial cashflow from building phase and then just a bit maintenance of the tunnel,
but Tesla is the one benefiting ongoing as it's the only provider of the cars and all operation stuff arround?
If so then yeah - this is the tesla network and it will indeed launch with human drivers first. .

THIS is exciting!

Still only 480 views on YouTube. That's this forum right?
@SOULPEDL
the intriguing (more or less quote) is “.......the 98% of their revenues from ICE may be massively overvalued......”
another way of saying “stranded assets”? perhaps......
i shall DCA another 7 “chairs” today during the MMD,
cheers
(as an aside, NPR is doing a segment on EV’s and Li batteries, and greatly increased demand for Li batteries, decrease of fossil fuels, etc. I seem to hear a segment daily on some aspect of EV related stories)

Last edited:
Note: seems like Boring/ Tesla chose a smart solution for the vehicles. No new van type vehicle, just plain vanilla Teslas (X, Y ..) like a restricted robotaxi you order via your cellphone Uber style. The writing is on the wall: next the Teslas will be roaming OUTSIDE the tunnel and on the public/ private roads. Still with a passive driver to comply with regulations, but meantime, getting more and more accurate maps of Las Vegas (to the level of Palo Alto, currently easiest to navigate on autopilot). Also providing free active publicity, paid by the customers. Bril.

Presumably Tesla makes the App. Note that this will be for people who do not own Teslas (so only one function), for Tesla owners it will likely be just another menu item on the standard Tesla App.

Reactions: Andy O
Presumably Tesla makes the App. Note that this will be for people who do not own Teslas (so only one function), for Tesla owners it will likely be just another menu item on the standard Tesla App.
Tesla owners will likely be able to simply drive down into the tunnels and use them like superhighways. Once Teslas are using the tunnels autonomously the AI would likely choose a tunnel like it would choose any roadway today as part of its trip planner around Vegas. Or any other location with a Tesla Tunnel available.

Imagine THAT as a benefit to owning a Tesla: private Tesla only highways to circumvent congested areas.