Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would argue that Elon’s decision to build the Cybertruck in Texas is a direct message to conservative America. A very persuasive argument for free market conservatism.
As opposed to the millions of vehicles planned for Germany, Communist China, and California?

I'm all for free markets, they're the quickest path to sustainable renewables taking over. We simply don't have any here. And pretending we do in light of all the crap we've been through with Tesla is laughable. Germany's energy markets are far far more open and free than here(TX included).

Texas is only deregulated so they can pollute more and maximize profit on the methane byproduct of oil exploration. That same deregulation is now the exact optimal marketplace for cheap solar and wind to thrive, but it's purely a coincidence.

That being said....I love the duality of California and Texas advancing renewables. And Texas is do obviously the best model moving forward, even considering the gas issues in the blackout.

Okay, after seeing this video on the ID4 by Engineering Explained that states that Mach-E's use of the Electrify America chargers is significantly easier than the ID4's, and seeing Sandy Munro's experience with the ID4, I can't help but come to one conclusion. Please follow my logic of the facts:

1. VW gets caught cheating diesel emissions multiple times.
2. VW is forced to help create electric charging infrastructure
3. VW releases the ID4, which is extremely difficult and a hassle to charge on the network that VW created due to the diesel emissions scandal.

Does anyone else think that VW is intentionally sabotaging EVs by trying to give them a reputation of being a hassle to charge?

Granted, it may not be as direct as telling the engineers to make it complicated, but it could be something like dedicating 0.00001% of ev r&d to charging ui and interface.

Last edited:

Okay, after seeing this video on the ID4 by Engineering Explained that states that Mach-E's use of the Electrify America chargers is significantly easier than the ID4's, and seeing Sandy Munro's experience with the ID4, I can't help but come to one conclusion. Please follow my logic of the facts:

1. VW gets caught cheating diesel emissions multiple times.
2. VW is forced to help create electric charging infrastructure
3. VW releases the ID4, which is extremely difficult and a hassle to charge on the network that VW created due to the diesel emissions scandal.

Does anyone else think that VW is intentionally sabotaging EVs by trying to give them a reputation of being a hassle to charge?

Granted, it may not be as direct as telling the engineers to make it complicated, but it could be something like dedicating 0.00001% of ev r&d to charging ui and interface.
I imagined that VW built the chargers with minimum desire, and now they have shot themselves in the foot when they attempted to make a good product.

I imagined that VW built the chargers with minimum desire, and now they have shot themselves in the foot when they attempted to make a good product.

I'd say Hanlon’s Razor applies here: "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence".

You guys very well may be right... however, it's just extremely disappointing that Ford is able to make use of their chargers with an interface that is 100x better than themselves. Maybe it's the opposite of what I stated. Maybe they're using 200,000 of their 1 million lines of code for programming the charging interface.

Last edited:
I hate to continue the off topic discussion about the crash but just wanted to share with all:
  1. Red brake calipers (Very probably a performance Model S)
  2. 2nd rear parking brake caliper: probably AP1 car, i think they stopped doing this around the time of the refresh/AP2
Can't wait for Tesla to share details and put 100% of the blame on the driver with breakdown of every second before the crash.
Way to be objective and open-minded.

Separating signal from noise...

Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j
Just stumbled across this on my Facebook feed:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-19 um 07.17.18.jpg

EN Tranlation "Tesla data - your car knows that about you!"

DE Original - "Tesla Daten - das weiß dein Auto über dich!"

Last edited:
I am planning to sell a 5/21 put @$675 tomorrow, this FUD might help. Not advice.
This FUD won’t work, it’s one of the lame attempts by media.

Browsed a bit more and now I feel the facts are clear as mud.

It’s a really dirty move for media to try to paint the incident as irresponsible miss-use of AP, (so to imply AP is lacking safeguards), but from what I see now it’s nearly impossible to have AP in the equation.

Just in case the driver was not trying a irresponsible prank, I want to apologize for the remarks I made earlier today, and say sorry for the loss to their family and friends.

This is going to be my last remark on this FUD, just want to say I don’t see any reason for this one to move the needle, given the FUD storms we have been through.