Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Baumisch

Jan 3, 2013
Germany
Just stumbled across this on my Facebook feed:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-19 um 07.17.18.jpg

EN Tranlation "Tesla data - your car knows that about you!"

DE Original - "Tesla Daten - das weiß dein Auto über dich!"

Last edited:

printf42

Sep 29, 2018
CA
I am planning to sell a 5/21 put @$675 tomorrow, this FUD might help. Not advice.
This FUD won’t work, it’s one of the lame attempts by media.

Browsed a bit more and now I feel the facts are clear as mud.

It’s a really dirty move for media to try to paint the incident as irresponsible miss-use of AP, (so to imply AP is lacking safeguards), but from what I see now it’s nearly impossible to have AP in the equation.

Just in case the driver was not trying a irresponsible prank, I want to apologize for the remarks I made earlier today, and say sorry for the loss to their family and friends.

This is going to be my last remark on this FUD, just want to say I don’t see any reason for this one to move the needle, given the FUD storms we have been through.

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Nov 15, 2013
At home
I hate to continue the off topic discussion about the crash but just wanted to share with all:
  1. Red brake calipers (Very probably a performance Model S)
  2. 2nd rear parking brake caliper: probably AP1 car, i think they stopped doing this around the time of the refresh/AP2
Can't wait for Tesla to share details and put 100% of the blame on the driver with breakdown of every second before the crash.
My XP is early AP2 and still has the parking calliper

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Toyota to review climate stance as investors turn up the heat | reuters.com 4:39am EDT

"Japan's Toyota Motor Corp signalled a shift in its climate change stance on Monday, saying it would review its lobbying and be more transparent on what steps it is taking as it faces increased activist and investor pressure."​

TL;dr for Toyota: "Hydrogen isn't green; it's the color of decay delay"

Prunesquallor

His cardinal virtue? An undamaged brain.
Dec 19, 2018
Houston/Galveston

Okay, after seeing this video on the ID4 by Engineering Explained that states that Mach-E's use of the Electrify America chargers is significantly easier than the ID4's, and seeing Sandy Munro's experience with the ID4, I can't help but come to one conclusion. Please follow my logic of the facts:

1. VW gets caught cheating diesel emissions multiple times.
2. VW is forced to help create electric charging infrastructure
3. VW releases the ID4, which is extremely difficult and a hassle to charge on the network that VW created due to the diesel emissions scandal.

Does anyone else think that VW is intentionally sabotaging EVs by trying to give them a reputation of being a hassle to charge?

Granted, it may not be as direct as telling the engineers to make it complicated, but it could be something like dedicating 0.00001% of ev r&d to charging ui and interface.
This, combined with Out of Spec's Mach-E road trip and Taycan Cannonball Run shows just how bad the EA network is. Granted, in some cases it may be the car S/W that is causing the issues, but the experience is unacceptable IMO.

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Could make for a couple of good buy days. I put some orders in at 650, 625 and 600 just in case.
I wouldn't get too hopeful. Pre-Market volume is just 178,620, and Max Pain is $730, with a big 'put' wall at the $700 strike.

Remember, this is FOMO week, where the market buys the rumor (b4 dey sell da newz). :p

More likely, this is just a weak attempt to shake some cheep chairs offa weak longs.

Cheers!

lklundin

Oct 10, 2014
Bavaria
So, the newspapers have reported every single fatal Tesla accident in the last 24 hours.

Presumably they will also be reporting every fatal ICE accident in short order, no?

Three years ago a fiery, fatal Tesla accident could cause the SP to dip significantly. With the company much bigger and with many more cars on the road I expect the effect of this recent tragedy to be less.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC