Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$715 seems to be the current target of the shorts. Huge capping at $715 - Order to sell 8,400 shares put in and pulled.

Not that I expect regulators to ever care, but is this actually tracked anywhere? (other than watching it happen in real time)?

Like a place you can look up X put in an order than pulled it before execution on Y stock Z number of times a day or whatever?

Reactions: NooB_cat
There is a lot of capping going on this afternoon, in particular around the $715 level. Large orders, which make no sense if someone really wanted to get the best price for their shares, keep getting put in and pulled. Not really a surprise, but still annoying that the SEC does not pick up on this practice. On another note, CNBC seems to finally be getting to its likely Tesla hit piece.

There is a lot of capping going on this afternoon, in particular around the $715 level. Large orders, which make no sense if someone really wanted to get the best price for their shares, keep getting put in and pulled. Not really a surprise, but still annoying that the SEC does not pick up on this practice. On another note, CNBC seems to finally be getting to its likely Tesla hit piece.

They're on track to keep it below $800 this week. Will it work? Only the actual market knows. I was flat out shocked it was kept under $750 last week, like 100/1 shocked. So I no longer feel qualified to opine on this week's close.

Just sold my CLOV(Clover Health, formerly Chamath SPAC IPOC) at a loss to raise funds in case we stay here through Wednesday and I'm forced to buy more calls. On an OT side note, this is a fairly good indicator Clover will be acquired for 3x current share price inside of 9 months!

Fuddy duddys can’t possibly hold us down with this speculative BS headed into ER.

ER supposedly begins at 5:30PM EST so seamingly 30 mins after market close.
5 Trading days to go.

They usually release the numbers before the ER begins, correct? If so what time historically do numbers hit the street?

I’m hoping at least 1 Hr prior to close we see the numbers hit main stream media.

...So.... it would appear the market also thinks the wreck is FUD. Nasdaq slowly dropping while TSLA recovers. I can only speculate why that happened, lol.

View attachment 655054

The 10-yr treasury yield has been spiking upward today, thus dragging down the Nasdaq, particularly its growth stocks like TSLA. Not only the crash, but the drop in bitcoins has exacerbated the drop for TSLA. Although the bitcoins have started to recover a bit.

Meanwhile, level heads will come to realize that the crash was likely due to drunks foolishly accelerating their car for a short distance joyride into a curve and a tree, while ignoring safety precautions. At that location the car could only have been on Autopilot, if safety features were intentionally deactivated.

Fuddy duddys can’t possibly hold us down with this speculative BS headed into ER.

ER supposedly begins at 5:30PM EST so seamingly 30 mins after market close.
5 Trading days to go.

They usually release the numbers before the ER begins, correct? If so what time historically do numbers hit the street?

I’m hoping at least 1 Hr prior to close we see the numbers hit main stream media.

Numbers are never officially released prior to close.

If you see sharp action going in the final minutes, this could indicate a leak.

The 10-yr treasury yield has been spiking upward today
The other message from CNBC today (heavy paraphrasing, hope I have it right) was how the 10 yr yield could rise up past 3% because the Feds will need to replenish themselves after all the spending. So the Feds can lose control of inflation from their own doing just to keep the lights on, and they have zero remaining interest rate levers to move. They may even know this but cannot say without causing panic. (I'm not an economist, just my read.)

They went on to say that an increase in hiring while people have no motivation to get back to work (unemployment checks easy), wages will need to rise which contribute to these inflation worries. I might add the move to make stuff in the USA.... well the effect there will be obvious.

My home value is at peak in history but maybe this is not a bubble. As crazy as it sounds, purchasing land might be a good move and go into even more debt. This is humorous bc I've been slowly paying off our debt. But personal debt is a good thing pre-inflation, and can turn into a savings when the cost of borrowing increases while the value of the property also increases. I once heard that's how the Fed minimizes total owed which could be the plan and we may never know it.

Anyone else getting a little nervous about stocks in general right now? TSLA will get caught up in that macro I think.

Just wrote the biggest check I've ever sent to the IRS, ... and felt really good about doing so. 😁 I hope I can send them lots more in the years to come. (If you know what I mean, and I think that you do :cool:)

This covered tax due on a few shares moved from Rollover to Roth IRAs. I couldn't bear to sell shares to pay taxes, so, it seemed a good idea to borrow against margin instead. 😏

Well, so any big news over the weekend? 😐

The word about our awesome cars is still spreading. My buddy works for a company that sells superchargers and he tunes engines all day. He wants to sell his random toy cars and get a Performance 3 now. He said he liked the cars well enough, but before meeting me thought Elon was a weirdo and that all Tesla owners were dbags. I suppose by contrast he realizes the other Tesla owners are alright. Another guy he knows was picking my brain about which Tesla to get and is probably grabbing a plaid S.
Just wrote the biggest check I've ever sent to the IRS, ... and felt really good about doing so. 😁 I hope I can send them lots more in the years to come. (If you know what I mean, and I think that you do :cool:)

This covered tax due on a few shares moved from Rollover to Roth IRAs. I couldn't bear to sell shares to pay taxes, so, it seemed a good idea to borrow against margin instead. 😏
I did the same a few weeks back. Back when I was in college it would have been large enough to match my dream salary. Really made me appreciate the shares I hold in my Roth.

Last edited:
Little nice news:

He said he liked the cars well enough, but before meeting me thought Elon was a weirdo and that all Tesla owners were dbags.

He's not wrong. 🤣 - a lot is said about Apple product owners too.

He hasn't seen bad until he finds a Tesla owner that happens to be an athiest vegan, and has already read the Game of Thrones books. Would never shut up.

Seriously though.. Tesla has hit the mainstream. There's owners of all ages and walks of life. This is a good and bad thing.

As a matter of probability and statistics, someone will eventually get stabbed or shot over charging spots.

First 99% of Cybertruck owners would have never towed anything in their lives but that percentage will plummet as the product reaches wider adoption.

did you just not withhold enough? When I do that I let them pull it out of my checking just like a direct deposit in reverse. I haven't written a check to the IRS since the 90s.

I mean I have a check book but I don't use it for anything but the local DMV where they charge extra for electronic payments.

did you just not withhold enough? When I do that I let them pull it out of my checking just like a direct deposit in reverse. I haven't written a check to the IRS since the 90s.

I mean I have a check book but I don't use it for anything but the local DMV where they charge extra for electronic payments.
Profits off of stocks aren't automatically withheld, and most people are not making quarterly payments on their gains.

This is where the big bill of taxes, penalties and interest comes into play.