Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Anti-gravity MMD?
FOMO. :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-04-20.09-50.png

JRP3

Hyperactive Member
Aug 20, 2007
Central New York

corduroy

Jan 30, 2018
Earth, for now (sigh)

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
This was posted yesterday (a reference to something big from Tesla today) :
Apple having an event on 4/20....

Perhaps Apple is announcing some kind of a partnership with Tesla today? Stranger things have happened.
The rumors of Toyota/Tesla coming before Toyota announcing 25 new EVs seems suspicious too. A tesla partnership with either company would be massive.

Mengy

Feb 18, 2020
PA
The rumors of Toyota/Tesla coming before Toyota announcing 25 new EVs seems suspicious too. A tesla partnership with either company would be massive.

I just can't see Toyota partnering up with Tesla. My gut tells me we'd sooner see Toyota, Honda, and Subaru join forces in a consolidated EV tech push before we'd see any of those three partner with Tesla.

But then, I never thought TSLA would get close to $900 in 2021 either and I was very wrong about that, soooooo....

Reactions: phantasms

Hock1

Jan 21, 2017
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
This was posted yesterday (a reference to something big from Tesla today) :
Apple having an event on 4/20....

Perhaps Apple is announcing some kind of a partnership with Tesla today? Stranger things have happened.
I'm still thinking something might be happening with Toyota. I can't say I know, but it seems that Toyota is a lot more reluctant to lie than say, VW. So, when Toyota says they will have 25 BEV models by 2026, one has to wonder how is that possible? All those batteries, drive trains, battery management and operating systems, OTAs etc. Where are they going to come from? I am no expert, but I get the sense that Toyota, at this point in time, is not a front runner In BEV systems development. SO........JMO.

Edit: Sorry. I guess I should have ready the preceding thread on the subject. I could have just "liked".

jerry33

(S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
I just can't see Toyota partnering up with Tesla. My gut tells me we'd sooner see Toyota, Honda, and Subaru join forces in a consolidated EV tech push before we'd see any of those three partner with Tesla.

But then, I never thought TSLA would get close to $900 in 2021 either and I was very wrong about that, soooooo....
The issue with the 25 new EVs in four years is the internal resistance at Toyota to EVs. Unless they have an outside partner that's pro-EV I don't see it happening--at least not on a large scale. I doubt that they will partner with Tesla because the last partnership didn't pan out. My understanding is that it was mainly due to Toyota wanting design changes that Tesla didn't have the capacity for. I would expect the same problem is there today because Tesla can sell all the cars it makes with their own designs. Adding third party designs would just slow things up.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC