Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't wait to get my Lyriq with Supercruise and use these to sleep on road trips.
View attachment 656002
That got me to wonder how well SuperCruise works with sunglasses, especially the mirror reflective type. I'd be pissed if I couldn't look super cool when I'm super cruising!

Construer Reports praises GM for warning consumers to park their EVs outside so they won't burn down their garages. In stark contrast to Tesla, Construer Reports says GM is a responsible and ethical automaker and is leading the way in consumer safety, innovation, and sustainable clean energy.

/s

Is Consumer Reports claiming the Cruise Control on GM cars cannot be activated with no one in the driver's seat?

That got me to wonder how well SuperCruise works with sunglasses, especially the mirror reflective type. I'd be pissed if I couldn't look super cool when I'm super cruising!

IIRC the camera has some ability to see through polarized lenses at least (which the Tesla selfie cam doesn't, which is why its own sunglasses statuses are much more vague)- but it's still not perfect in the first gen system, and was an area of improvement focus for the 2nd gen one.

What a load of horse! Any car will drive by itself if you put it in drive and press the throttle, the difference with a Tesla is that if it's on AP it will allow the road as best it can, if it's most other cars it will drive in a straight line into whatever it hits first
There is a guy in my area that has a motorcycle/sidecar set up so that he can drive via the sidecar. Coming down the road at you is a motorcycle with no rider and a sidecar with a passenger. Has a very strong “double take” effect.

Seems an incorrect narrative related to the seat sensor has been corrected by a party other than Tesla. The third party could have had a dialog with Tesla but that is not clear cut.

Tesla chooses to use social media by preference. This third party did a very effective media production to call to Tesla’s attention misinformation. Tesla should thank them for correcting the record in their preferred venue.

Now I expect Tesla will respond in some manner. It would be nice to have the autopsy data first. And so it goes.
Wait, are you implying that one of the two deceased occupants went through some similar hack as CR did? Even if they went to the trouble, that doesn't explain the high rate of speed on a residential road. This has in a number of cases, blown the ruse of the idiot driver claiming it was on autopilot when it smashed into the telephone pole doing 80 in a 30 zone.
That being said, your point of bringing to Tesla's attention the need to up their threshold of what constitutes fool proof, is relevant and could result in an OTA down the road. As our species evolves, or devolves depending on how you look at it, the ingenuity of how stupid we can be is a moving target.

I spent 10 years in Houston back in the 80's so I have some credibility when repeated this country bumpkin joke:
What's the last thing a redneck says?
"Watch this"

Is Consumer Reports claiming the Cruise Control on GM cars cannot be activated with no one in the driver's seat?

I'm not sure about that (won't waste time on anymore of their videos), but the last one I did watch the CR tester said the Autopilot failed to steer the car around an offramp properly.

Fortunately, some Tesla fanbois/conspiracy nutz pointed out that in the screen shots CR showed of the Tesla dashboard that Autopilot was NOT TURNED ON.

These are the type of leading edge engineering investigators employed by Consumer Reports. /S

Total garbage from those totally pwned pawns.

Cheers!

1619111484419.png

S&P 500. Did a war start (not serious, it's not as big as the image makes it)?

Wait, are you implying that one of the two deceased occupants went through some similar hack as CR did?
Except that we know with certainty from the car's logs that Autopilot was NOT turned on before the crash.

This is just CR setting up a strawman argument. And doubtlessly getting paid in cash for their efforts today.

Regarding Dojo Training Services, after further thought, I'm not sure that we investors should be looking forward to it.

There is an extreme number of ethical landmines from the perspective of national defense, policing, racial profiling and other equity issues, free speech, market manipulation, and the like. What Google is going through with its Ethical AI unit is just a taste.

Reactions: Off Shore