Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any links to news articles? i checked schmoogle, didnt find anything.
"The plan would boost the capital gains rate to 39.6% for those earning $1 million or more, an increase from the current base rate of 20%, the people said on the condition of anonymity because the plan is not yet public. A 3.8% tax on investment income that funds Obamacare would be kept in place, pushing the tax rate on returns on financial assets higher than the top rate on wage and salary income, they said."

I can't wait to get my Lyriq with Supercruise and use these to sleep on road trips.
View attachment 656002

Pro tip:
Put the "eyeball glasses" ABOVE the bill of your baseball cap. That way, when you nod off they will still be pointing out the windscreen. ;)

I haven't seen this Car and Driver story linked here:

Even though some of this info was previously reported elsewhere, Car and Driver gets props for this coverage and deserves our clicks. Not only do they help refute that the fire was difficult to control, they cite Tesla and government safety statistics that show EV's are more than 10 times less likely to catch fire than gas cars.

If we only click on negative Tesla stories, no one will publish positive ones like this.

Last edited:
Wait, are you implying that one of the two deceased occupants went through some similar hack as CR did?
Good post. I am saying that the point has been put forward that seat sensors prevent leaving the drivers seat. This was erroneous and unfortunately is getting hammered out in social media because that is the preference of Tesla for perhaps valid reasons. Tesla did not correct the faulty seat sensor narrative so now it has been corrected by a third party. All fine really. OTA update to follow by my guess.

Reactions: dgodfrey
"The plan would boost the capital gains rate to 39.6% for those earning $1 million or more, an increase from the current base rate of 20%, the people said on the condition of anonymity because the plan is not yet public. A 3.8% tax on investment income that funds Obamacare would be kept in place, pushing the tax rate on returns on financial assets higher than the top rate on wage and salary income, they said."

It's always weird to look at what means by making over 1 million. If I make 400k,/year and sold 600k of Tesla gains, does that qualifies me as making 1 million? Because current capital gains tax is set up like this in which the gains taken out is also calculated into as income qualification for the 0, 15 and 20% increase.

What a drop there....
Wasn't just $TSLA, was all EV stocks - of course maybe it was the CR effect on $TSLA and the rest followed copycat...

1619112808137.png

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
Biden to propose a 43.4 percent cap gains tax. Market takes a dump.
It's not really new news. It's been known for some time that Biden was considering asking for Congress to do something like this. Particularly the Senate would not likely stand for a proposal this egregious. Nevertheless, some algobots reacted quickly with sell orders. Cooler heads have started to bring stocks back above the overly reactive lows. Meanwhile, write Congress.

It's not really new news. It's been known for some time that Biden was considering asking for Congress to do something like this. Particular the Senate would not likely stand for a proposal this egregious. Nevertheless, some algobots reacted quickly with sell orders. Cooler heads have started to bring stocks back above the overly reactive lows. Meanwhile, write Congress.
Tbh, the proposal sounds like an initial offering to a negotiation that's going to be long, drawn out, and ugly. This affects me. Is it going to be possible to get this passed at all in the Senate?

Based on GB's reaction, this is a strong presidential move!

Bah...I'm going for another walk ..
Maybe till the simulation is reset.
Clearly, this additional well-timed "leak" was part of a larger PR campaign by shortzes to flood the narrative with negative news before what will be an all-time record Earnings Report.

And they are afraid. Very afraid. Enough that they're spending like drunken sailors on this PR blitz.

Tbh, the proposal sounds like an initial offering to a negotiation that's going to be long, drawn out, and ugly. This affects me. Is it going to be possible to get this passed at all in the Senate?

Based on GB's reaction, this is a strong presidential move!

Individual tax changes are going to be coupled with the 2nd part of the stimulus plan that Biden has planned. This has nothing to do with the Infrastructure plan that Democrat's are hoping to pass by July which would include the EV credits expansion.

Odds are, the individual stimulus plan and corresponding individual tax changes are going to take a long time to pass....a very long time. I doubt it passes this year. And likely, there will have to be some compromise like the new capital gains tax taking 1-2 years to go into effect.