Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

StarFoxisDown!

Jan 23, 2019
Seattle
Anyone want to play “Guess the expiration date of the v9 NDA?”

Or would that be frowned upon.

I've heard the same from a couple people (that V9 is under NDA right now).............I'm guessing Monday.......Would be pretty funny if Elon knew being on SNL would cause Wall St to freak out over what he might do/say only to release V9 on Sunday or Monday.

Who am I kidding though.....Tesla could show off full autonomy with robotaxi's working on the streets right now on Monday and the Wall St would still send the stock down

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Benzinga - half hour ago: Unusual Options Alerts - TSLA

Excerpt:

For TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we notice a put option sweep that happens to be bullish, expiring in 1 day(s) on May 7, 2021. This event was a transfer of 203 contract(s) at a $650.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 32 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $89.3K, with a price of $440.0 per contract. There were 10604 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 31760 contract(s) were bought and sold.
Not sure why this is bullish. Looks like someone is risking $4.40 to ensure their investment would not fall below $650.

ps : 203 contracts is 20k shares. When the volume is in millions still small potatoes.

ChefBoyardee

Aug 12, 2019
California
Not sure why this is bullish. Looks like someone is risking $4.40 to ensure their investment would not fall below $650.
It's because the sweep is on the sell side of the puts, so someone is betting big that it doesn't go below 650. There are multiple people taking the other side of the trade with less conviction

Edit: Also because it's 1 day away, that's $89k in 1 day. If you annualize that, its tens of millions in a year

Last edited:

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
It's because the sweep is on the sell side of the puts, so someone is betting big that it doesn't go below 650. There are multiple people taking the other side of the trade with less conviction
Ok. I've sold 655 puts and I'm not sweating - because I know I can just roll over. Delta of 650 is at 35% - so hardly a big bet. If there is a huge sell above 660, I'd call that bullish.

Heck - I sold 740 puts on Feb end - and rolled over till mid-April because the SP kept closing lower.

generalenthu

Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2015
Vienna, VA
The 3rd generation Tesla Wall Connector has wi-fi. What would be cool is if Tesla could make a software solution for condos and apartments that identified the car that connected and transmitted the amount of electricity doled out to each member so all the charging stations could be on the same electrical service. The infrastructure costs would be greatly reduced and could be paid for by the members that actually used it. I know there are third party solutions like this that exist but they require a phone app for each user and it's not a seamless experience. EV's without a Tesla charge port could use a Tesla adapter with an identifier chip in it that would be registered in their name.
Tesla already thought thru this. With the gen 3 charger installed by property managers, they can quote a per KWh price. You can plugin your car and Tesla knows to charge your account and credit that to the property manager. Totally seamless solution that's brilliant.

Cc: @dgodfrey

thx1139

Aug 1, 2014
Lemont, IL

2daMoon

Mostly Harmless
Nov 25, 2020
Terra
would wifi on the plug be necessary? The car knows who it is, and where its plugged in and is internet connected. Im sure there is data on the plugs the uniquely identifies the wall connector when plugged into a car. I think all existing destination charges could easily be turned into pay per charge with an update and a place for the the owner fo the destination charger to plug in a serial number on their website.
This sounds like an opportunity for Tesla to provide planning and operational support for installations in apartment and condo parking areas.

Long term contract between the land owner and Tesla, with the meter billed to Tesla, and they bill the users via the car ID or the Tesla App on a phone for non-Tesla EVs.

They could include surveillance and photographic reporting of any ICEing by non EV neighbors using the space. They would see a charge added to their monthly fee if they abuse a charging spot.

AimStellar

Jun 10, 2020
New Jersey
SNLComments.JPG

Source (Benzinga)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC