Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They aren't blatant liars though, so there's that...

Sandy Munro doesnt have a history of being brought on investment channels and spewing 100% false narratives. Sandy has actually said negative things about Tesla products, so much so and in a manner that Tesla has listened to him and made changes. Have welcomed his critiques as well. CLJ has for 8 years simply said false stuff about Tesla and has a history of just plain being wrong.

So conflicts of interest are ok if the person says something you like? Come on. How many "TSLA is the future" and "TSLA to the moon" and whatever else is being put out there by people with a literal vested interest in the stock doing well? It's actually more of a conflict of interest than GoJo's dad was employed by GM or whatever.

Anyway...https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/gordon-johnson

I don't think Johnson's terrible-ness as an analyst has to do with his familial history. He's just bad. TSLA isn't his only position. You can see his ratings for other companies in the link above.

Diabetic Market, doesn't like too much Sugar :)

Was able 2 get 2 more 800 Mar 23 Calls at market open.
Past week in total got 9 800 March 23 Calls all on rolling Jan 22 ~ 1200 CCs to Jan 23 ~ 1700 CCs.
CC's to Free Cash Flow :) for D Penny Bandits ;)
Cheers!!
I wish I could wrap my brain around what you just said. Would you be willing to explain this trade in greater detail? I am playing around with similar ideas in order to generate some cash for a real estate purchase. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

Well well well, nobody here here with some news tho cheer up te mood?
Everybody awake in America?
In my mind I hear the legendary Robbie Williams with "Goooood moooorning Vietnam" (substitute Vietnam with America) :)
I have some wonderful news regarding Tesla Energy:

Lake Powell is a man-made reservoir that provides hydroelectricity to millions of people in the southwest U.S. It's level dropped by more than 30 feet in 2020 alone. If the level drops by another 85 feet it will be below the hydropower outlets, leaving millions without power and water.

Reservoirs across the U.S. are at record lows, and with a warming planet more snow is evaporating rather than slowly melting into rivers, so we can reasonably expect this trend to continue. This is great news because more states will be forced to buy more Tesla Energy products and services, which will cause TSLA to rise and us to get more rich.

I for one am happy to get rid of hydroelectricity. Waaay less competition for Tesla.

Have a great weekend.

How many "TSLA is the future" and "TSLA to the moon" and whatever else is being put out there by people with a literal vested interest in the stock doing well?

Tesla bull analysts regularly disclose that they hold a long position in Tesla.

GJ has never disclosed that he has family at GM and "loves the company". Tesla is a threat to traditional auto makers, so he clearly has an interest in talking down Tesla in a feeble attempt to prevent them from doing damage to his beloved GM.

Wait until you hear about language... Like the Oghim-space-mark (a "space"-character that is also printable), the dozens of dashes, ligatures & combinations in unicode...
Did you know that when you remove the last characters from the "family with 2 kids"-emoji you delete the kids first and then the parents? Depending on the emoji they also lose their skin-color in the process.. ;)
It is basically: family-parent1+family-parent2+kid1+kid2+skin-color. where family-parentX can be male, female, other; same for kids. and the 6(?) different skin-tones..
And you have oddities: you cannot add the male-character to "dancing lady" as this is not a gendered character .. ;)

And yes .. i have to deal with text at work ... and those things suck hard.. :D
Anybody who was around for Y2K (remember that?) or has ever done a financial services system conversion understands the incredible complexity of date/time.
When adding geography and entry/display conventions plus national standards. Then just think of the consequences of shorter and shorter units of time in calculation and the issues just bare become understandable to someone who's never done it. My own career benefited greatly by the inability of most people, programmers included, lacking the ability to understand either time or date, much less both.

From a programming perspective I recall how many supposedly knowledgable people did not even understand calendars. IIRC on a single system I dealt with there were 47 different and incompatible calendar conventions.
Luckily Tesla seems to have managed such incidents without major issues, although such calendar issues as deal with 'order entry' seem to have been mostly ignored from an end-customer view, anyway.

Again Sandy Munro isnt brought on places like CNBC to give investment advice. He is giving technical critiques. Munro didnt even recommend the Model 3 at 1st. You can look at Gordon Johnson twitter feed and see him go after Tesla daily.

Again, GoJo having a stepdad or family member who worked for GM until 2002 isn't a "conflict of interest." He's just a bad analyst - not just in regards to TSLA, look at his other ratings.

He's bad, yes. But some family history from nearly 20 years ago isn't a conflict of interest.

Does Cathie Wood have a conflict of interest when she goes on CNBC to pump her ETFs?

Last edited:
Guys, let's drop the Gerald Johnson thing. Gerald is not Gordon's father. Johnson is a very common surname. See Rob Maurer's Tesla Daily podcast from yesterday.

Doesn't matter anyway. As someone else mentioned, the conflict of interest is what matters--nothing about who is father is or isn't.

The only thing the father/stepfather did wrong (that we know of) is that he's working for the wrong car company ;).

Last edited:
Deleted post
RIP to the driver, but so glad China's got cameras all over the place so we don't have to deal with the FUD on this one.

Oh what does it matter, I'm sure there will still be FUD that Autopilot did an uncommanded acceleration to 100mph and then swerved out of control in advance, SMH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to understand...global pandemic...good for growth stocks....bad job numbers...good for growth stocks.

Maybe we need a war to really get things moving/s
Not recommending wars by any means, though a big one would benefit Tesla...

and SpaceX...

and The Boring Company...

and Starlink...

and Neuralink...

Eek! There’s a pattern here! Bring out yer FUD! Bring out your FUD!

Joke people joke. Tasteless perhaps but still a joke. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: 2daMoon and wipster
So, it’s good ‘talk’. Will he actually ‘do’ is the question. Not holding my breath.
If I had to bet, I’d say: He’ll put a bit of stick about to show he’s serious, but it’ll be SEC enforcement theater.

They’ll toss around some big fines for this or that and some big rewards for whistle blowers (one we just saw)—to show the SEC is really, really serious now by golly.

There’ll be "consumer protections"—intended to prevent Mainstreet from catching out Wall Street in a box canyon and gunning them down as in the GME case.

Then they’ll put the short selling issues, such as transparency, "under review"—until the public loses interest or they run out the terms of the next six presidents.

RIP to the driver, but so glad China's got cameras all over the place so we don't have to deal with the FUD on this one.

Oh what does it matter, I'm sure there will still be FUD that Autopilot did an uncommanded acceleration to 100mph and then swerved out of control in advance, SMH.
Consumer report is editing an article showing how a Tesla can accelerate to 140 mph and allows you to do it. Then they compare it to a Toyota Yaris and how it's much safer with a top speed of 90 mph.

So conflicts of interest are ok if the person says something you like? Come on. How many "TSLA is the future" and "TSLA to the moon" and whatever else is being put out there by people with a literal vested interest in the stock doing well? It's actually more of a conflict of interest than GoJo's dad was employed by GM or whatever.

Anyway...https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/gordon-johnson

I don't think Johnson's terrible-ness as an analyst has to do with his familial history. He's just bad. TSLA isn't his only position. You can see his ratings for other companies in the link above.
Johnson is a well known long time professional hit man for shorts. He is bad for a reason. He is taking orders, not evaluating companies.

His main success I can remember is hammering Solar companies years ago. He did a great job for his bosses and am sure was well compensated.

So conflicts of interest are ok if the person says something you like?
I care less about conflicts of interest than the accuracy of statements. I don't care if Gordo's dad was at GM or not but it might give a bit more insight as to why he has been consistently negative and drastically wrong for so long. If his dad worked at Tesla and Gordo pushed the same BS as he does now that woudn't make him less of a clown.

—-

Mod: last post on Gordon’s (step)dad. This has been going on way too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could wrap my brain around what you just said. Would you be willing to explain this trade in greater detail? I am playing around with similar ideas in order to generate some cash for a real estate purchase. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

Nothing new or fancy,
Sell like 4X-7X Covered Calls way out and at higher strikes. say Jan 23 1700. Longer duration gives you extra time value.
Use proceeds to buy 1-2 X Calls at longer duration on closer strikes. e.g. Mar 23, 800's

(+ When CC's have made decent gains, in my case for jan 22, option is to leave them or roll and get a few more pennies on the $)

IV low, SP low - so good time to buy calls, bad time to sell. All CC risks included. Must be willing to be flexible and happy even if shares do get called.
No new money so just use this to see what future brings. Tools have Profit/Loss Charts and you can see what happens under different scenarios.

Last edited:
Of course I sold the same 25 shares today above 680. These same (50) shares have been cycled through my acct about 5 times in the past couple of weeks.
I know it's likely going higher soon, but if it does drop further, I'll need the cash - rinse and repeat... or climb?

With all this FUD, I'm more vested in TSLA than ever with nearly 80% now if we include ARKK. (Only shares, no options.)

1620403681754.png

Reactions: JRP3
OT: last post on this, not a wiring issue. It's exactly as @dhanson865 and the y forum thread described. At certain speeds, and mostly under not-smooth conditions there's a booming effect, noticed by a certain % of the population (prob a small %). The trade-off is worth it, the y is an amazing car warts and all, and it will definitely be the highest selling car by volume and revenue soon.
Sounds like the problem some S owners had early on traced to adjustment of the hatch bumpers. Search in the S section.

I know I promised not to bitch about OT in this thread til the 4th of July, but this GJ/FUD nonsense is unbearable.

We have a GJ thread and a general FUD complaint thread. USE THEM.

FUD based dips are the best high return investment opportunities left for TSLA investors at this elevated market cap. Let's discuss and strategize on that.