Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren’t you betting that stock goes up? With that point of view, I don’t think that saying what the p/e would be if the stock price doesn’t move up is relevant?
Can we end the discussion about TSLA's P/E? As a value metric, the P/E of a company that will grow 40-60% per year for the foreseeable future is totally irrelevant. The P/E is a measurement of past performance. The only reasonable method to get any idea of the value of TSLA is a discounted cash-flow analysis of all its projected addressable markets, say, 5 years out. It is certainly not an exact methodology, but it sure beats the P/E metric as a valuation tool.

Brandenburg’s Minister of Economic Affairs Jörg Steinbach seems to disagree with you and Gary: Steinback via Electrive
Brandenburg minister says Giga Berlin to pick up production by autumn - electrive.com
He can disagree all he wants. It’s his political job to frame everything in a positive light. We’re about to find out before the end of this year. I’ve even bet Tesla is making cars in that factory while still holding temporary build permits, which I’d find absurdly hilarious.

It’s not relevant in the scheme of things and when all is said and done, but it’s sure going to be a good laugh, from where I sit, if Austin beats Brandenburg to production given the latter had a head start.

Of course, I’m sure the Germans will have built a superior factory by taking their time and dotting every ‘i’ and moving every anthill to safety. 🙄 (I can be sarcastic given I’m married to a German and am mostly German. I understand the cultural differences to the core. Any strength of talent or trait taken to an extreme is no longer a strength, but rather a detriment.)

They’re either really wanting the stock to test the 200 ma during trading hours instead of just pre market or we’re boned......because if it can’t bounce here with positive macros than I think we fall right through the 200 ma today or tomorrow

Just unreal.....why not break it down through the 200 ma yesterday when the macros were down big

There you go: (mischief managed as of 11:05 am)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-05-13.11-05.png

MA(200) green curve at 582.62 while SP is at $582.44

Now we see how much the FUD has affected buyers...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Not sure how much weight I put on Tesla stop using maps. From the numerous FSD beta videos I have seen, it's mostly incorrect map data that causes Tesla to want to make turns its not suppose to, turn on blinkers randomly, trying to run through road closure signs or accelerating toward space not drivable.

Tesla never said they stopped using maps - they said they stopped using high-definition maps. That means, unlike Waymo, they don't rely on maps for positioning, only navigation, in the same way a human might rely on a map for navigation.

There you go: (mischief managed as of 11:05 am)

View attachment 661915

MA(200) green curve at 582.62 while SP is at $582.64

Now we see how much the FUD has affected buyers...

Cheers!

And there goes the 200 ma.....see you guys on the other side haha (maybe we’ll be back up to 700 by Q3 earnings after this thing craters and bottoms in the 400’s)

It’s not relevant in the scheme of things and when all is said and done, but it’s sure going to be a good laugh, from where I sit, if Austin beats Brandenburg to production given the latter had a head start.
We have now seen them testing/calibrating the first GigaPress and associated robots at GigaTexas. Have we seen that at GigaBerlin yet?

I’m feeling almost certain we are screwed short term. There’s seamingly nothing holding it up, and we all know there’s not going to be anything coming out of Tesla’s mouth for weeks. FSD beta or subscription is not going to move the market like we want it to, at least I don’t think it will, and that seemingly is an open ended ticket to a beta. WHICH IS GREAT!!! But........ that won’t help us currently.

Also, Joe’s infrastructure plan hasn’t even began to be implemented. Yes we’re selling cars worldwide, which is fantastic, and growing. Yes, we are building factories, quickly, which is fantastic. Yet, We have no updates, no guidance, no time tables from Tesla. Say all you want about sandbagging or setting unrealistic goals. Again, I wish they would try setting the bar low, at least it’s a bar.
If I was a average joe, I’d take one look at the chart, news(FUD), and do a hard pass. Obviously average Joe’s aren’t knowledgeable but to sustain us through this era of Tesla, we need them to help the outnumbered longs hold the line.
Sorry for regurgitation of my heavily disagreed post from around the time of the Texas debunked “mysterious” crash. It has now compounded with the falling macro and gone far lower than it should. Which is fine if your a buyer. I feel good long term, not so good short term. Yada yada, go TSLA