Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Excerpt:
"Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) is in talks with Chinese battery maker EVE Energy Co (300014.SZ) to add the firm to its Shanghai factory supply chain, four people familiar with the matter said, as it seeks to boost procurement of lower cost batteries.

EVE makes lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries, which are cheaper to produce because they use iron instead of more expensive nickel and cobalt."

This is so absolutely utterly dumb. if you want to speak about your EV agenda,, speak at a factory thats owned by the only PURE EV american car company. For crying out loud, talk about being dictated to by unions... And a Truck? hardly the most eco of efficient vehicle to promote EVs. He should be shown a tesla model 3.

In fact if I was elon I would be hassling my people to arrange it so that biden gets to experience launch in a plaid model S. he needs to know just how good EVs can be, and who makes the decent ones...
Even during campaign tow halls I recall 3 Fords in background
Biden loves saying “union paying jobs”

hope everyone knows Mach-e are made in Mexico

This is so absolutely utterly dumb. if you want to speak about your EV agenda,, speak at a factory thats owned by the only PURE EV american car company. For crying out loud, talk about being dictated to by unions... And a Truck? hardly the most eco of efficient vehicle to promote EVs. He should be shown a tesla model 3.

In fact if I was elon I would be hassling my people to arrange it so that biden gets to experience launch in a plaid model S. he needs to know just how good EVs can be, and who makes the decent ones...
Ha! A 2 second 0-60 might be a bit rough on a guy Biden’s age. I agree with your sentiment though.

Biden is trying to shore up support among Midwestern and Southern Democrats and maybe flip a Midwestern Republican or two.

You do that with Ford F-150 Lightning. Not Tesla. People that own/like Tesla already support Biden's environmental agenda and specifically his EV agenda.

I hope for once, some big whale buy at market open. I’m so sick and tired of seeing an instant dip of 3-5% followed by recovery, then more dips throughout the day. We need a green day today, please!!!
Yeah, have been watching this stock like a hawk for five years now and this is as tight as it has felt for a long time

But not the first time we've been here, eh?

Even during campaign tow halls I recall 3 Fords in background
Biden loves saying “union paying jobs”

hope everyone knows Mach-e are made in Mexico
Ford's Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant (CSAP) where the Mach-E is made outside of Mexico City has workers represented by the Confederation of Mexican Workers (CTM) Union.

BTW Musk has said Model 2 ( or whatever they end up calling it) will be designed, engineered and manufactured in China for global consumption.

It all good, IMO. No need to promote $120,000 made-in-California Tesla - in fact, that’s exactly the wrong message.

Boxes checked:
1) Truck - All-around very popular vehicle in US. Currently a huge gap preventing larger-scale EV adoption in US.
2) Union-made - a large Democratic Party constituency. It’s always about the next election.
3) Swing-state - it's always about the next election.
4) Well-known and loved (by some) company. Makes EV appear more mainstream and a “transition” more real.

edit: IMO Ford, Rivian and Tesla trucks all need to be successful.

edit2: what @RobStark said

Last edited:
It all good, IMO. No need to promote $120,000 made-in-California Tesla - in fact, that’s exactly the wrong message.

Boxes checked:
1) Truck - All-around very popular vehicle in US. Currently a huge gap preventing larger-scale EV adoption in US.
2) Union-made - a large Democratic Party constituency. It’s always about the next election.
4) Well-known and loved (by some) company. Makes EV appear more mainstream and a “transition” more real.

Would like to see him visit Austin; get him a ride in the first CT off the line!

Biden is trying to shore up support among Midwestern and Southern Democrats and maybe flip a Midwestern Republican or two.

You do that with Ford F-150 Lightning. Not Tesla. People that own/like Tesla already support Biden's environmental agenda and specifically his EV agenda.

Fair point, it just rubs me the wrong way to see a company that sat on its ass for decades get the attention of the president when they finally grudgingly agree to make their first real EV vs tesla...

Also...looking at pre-market. I bet i'm not the only one thinking this COULD be the best buying opportunity in a loooong time. So tempted.

Fair point, it just rubs me the wrong way to see a company that sat on its ass for decades get the attention of the president when they finally grudgingly agree to make their first real EV vs tesla...

Also...looking at pre-market. I bet i'm not the only one thinking this COULD be the best buying opportunity in a loooong time. So tempted.
Good day to buy the dip maybe.

Seeing pm tsla around 788...
59ilkn.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
OT:

The Tesla Roadster will be at the Petersen Automotive Museum Los Angeles May 19 - June 2.

1620992888423.png

Last edited:
All you people talking about buying The dip are making me nervous.

Capitulation comes with despair! Blood in the streets! People throwing their good money after bad and clutching their chests as they convulse on the ground, pausing only to jump up and find someone to scream at and blame! This is capitulation! Not “gonna but the dip”.

Hmmph.

Ford's Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant (CSAP) where the Mach-E is made outside of Mexico City has workers represented by the Confederation of Mexican Workers (CTM) Union.
Outside Mexico City, but still in Mexico?
"union paying jobs" - surely meant US based Unions like UAW?

BTW Musk has said Model 2 ( or whatever they end up calling it) will be designed, engineered and manufactured in China for global consumption.
He has also said local manufacturing, don't want to move parts 3-4 times around the world.
makes sense to export from China though and likely will be a non-political event if it happens.

Boxes checked:

Basically Ford will be bailed out from bankruptcy under the Biden administration.

All you people talking about buying The dip are making me nervous.

Capitulation comes with despair! Blood in the streets! People throwing their good money after bad and clutching their chests as they convulse on the ground, pausing only to jump up and find someone to scream at and blame! This is capitulation! Not “gonna but the dip”.

Hmmph.
Well I bought the peak. Just going for the set.