Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Outside Mexico City, but still in Mexico?
"union paying jobs" - surely meant US based Unions like UAW?

He has also said local manufacturing, don't want to move parts 3-4 times around the world.
makes sense to export from China though and likely will be a non-political event if it happens.
Exactly.
There is a huge difference in outsourcing a factory in a neighboring country for lower salaries (Ford) and installing factories in strategic places in different continents not to moving parts all over the world (Tesla).

Well I bought the peak. Just going for the set.

Not quite the peak for us, but after about a week of discussions I finally convinced my wife that it would be a good idea to take some of the money we were saving to pay off our car loan early and invest it in TSLA instead (3.6% APR with a end date in 2025; I'm guessing TSLA will out-perform the interest rate). Bought more on Friday, May 7. Being down 15% in 1 week has not been a great way of convincing the wife it was a good idea.

It's always 1-2 weeks out for the last 6 years. I wish Elon would just stop.
Rather than wishing people would change into who you want them to be, accept people for who they are and change your perspective or approach.

If I was bothered by this about Elon, which I’m not for the record, I’d simply add 5 years and 50 weeks to ever timeline he puts out henceforth. Just doing the mental exercise honestly, changes your brain chemistry. Do it consistently and it becomes a new habit that you don’t even have to give a second thought to. In turn, you’ll no longer feel the associated negative thoughts when a timeline is missed.

Yes, it really does work. Then apply it to all other situations and people in life that cause you angst.

Biden is trying to shore up support among Midwestern and Southern Democrats and maybe flip a Midwestern Republican or two.

You do that with Ford F-150 Lightning. Not Tesla. People that own/like Tesla already support Biden's environmental agenda and specifically his EV agenda.
You said it so I didn't have to! This is absolutely the point here - you don't win over people by telling them you are setting out to destroy them.

Reactions: FireMedic
Waymo sees some simple traffic cones and has no idea what to do - it isn't even able to pull over to the side of the road because it doesn't know how to drive, it can only follow set tracks. The car repeatedly just stops in the middle of the road, causing traffic chaos and danger for everyone.

To be fair we’re going to see situations in from FSD company vehicles, including Teslas, that otherwise seem so simple to navigate until all the technical stuff is ironed out. I mean, Teslas used to see traffic cones in the strangest places and thought fast food company signs were stop signs.

To also be fair, because the guy on my other shoulder wants his turn to speak, 😆🤣😆🤣 hope Waymo goes down in a ball of flames with their ridiculous approach to FSD.

"They" have been doing a masterful job during this heavily manipulated decline at capping at round numbers, and then hammering the stock to precipitous declines. They did it just now at $579. Capped, and then TSLA dropped to $575 in seconds. This is just not normal price action, and the SEC should at least be looking into what is happening (my guess would be, among other things, naked shorting - but, this is just a guess).

"They" have been doing a masterful job during this heavily manipulated decline at capping at round numbers, and then hammering the stock to precipitous declines. They did it just now at $579. Capped, and then TSLA dropped to $575 in seconds. This is just not normal price action, and the SEC should at least be looking into what is happening (my guess would be, among other things, naked shorting - but, this is just a guess).
A big head-fake this morning as $TSLA underperforms the rest of the EV sector in the opening minutes, defying the pre-market

Hell, if I didn't know better, I reckon you could trade this daily and male a lot of money, no?

Just a reminder to those that keep posting along the line of this going to be like 5 year trading gap again......it can’t. It’s impossible as long as the company executes.

They were able to keep it range bound from 2014-2019 because Tesla was posting losses and had no earnings. All Tesla has to do is execute and Wall St will be forced to push this higher. The absolute most the stock could ever stay in the 600’s is Q2 of 2022’s Q2 earnings, which would put the stocks P/E under 30. Even if the stock were to go back to 800-900, the P/E would only go up to 50. So while it may suck right now, people really should think about that before putting comments out about multi year trading ranges.

Not quite the peak for us, but after about a week of discussions I finally convinced my wife that it would be a good idea to take some of the money we were saving to pay off our car loan early and invest it in TSLA instead (3.6% APR with a end date in 2025; I'm guessing TSLA will out-perform the interest rate). Bought more on Friday, May 7. Being down 15% in 1 week has not been a great way of convincing the wife it was a good idea.
Maybe this will make you feel better... this was me "buying the dip" after we hit $900 in January. The "Price paid" column is highlighted. I'm hodling.

1621000573159.png

A big head-fake this morning as $TSLA underperforms the rest of the EV sector in the opening minutes, defying the pre-market

Hell, if I didn't know better, I reckon you could trade this daily and male a lot of money, no?
It used to be easier when there was a reliable MMD. Lately its just an all day D.

Until whales like Baillie Gifford decide to buy back all their shares and squeeze the shorts, we are just holding onto this ride with our fingernails while the short sellers control the narrative. I just don't know how low they want to see the SP before they jump back in. I'm hoping it isn't the 400s....
I don't think players like Baillie Gifford are ever going to buy it back. They did support Tesla through it's darkest days, so more power to them, but their structure and risk controls prevent them from taking massive stakes, just like ARK has a cap, even as they have super high conviction.

The stock will simply become more widely held, and that's a good thing. It reduces the volatility, and brings in a more diverse base of investors.

I keep thinking of all the deliveries Tesla is making and no doubt a fraction of all the new car buyers are going to be interested enough to put some money in the stock once they experience it. And these are generally well heeled buyers.