Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
I read that Ars Technica article, and I don’t understand. How can reviving an old coal plant be even remotely economical?

Uh, unlimited free use of the atmosphere to dump your waste products? No liability for site cleanup and reclaimation after inevitable bankruptcy? Generous state protection in the law for Directors and Officers of said bankrupt companies?

It's quite a hustle; I heard it on SNL. /S

dhanson865

Feb 16, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
some buy prices I've picked up shares at within the last year in no particular order.

adjusted cost per share is 691 on one account, 60 on another, 773 on the third, 407 on a fourth.

one of these accounts is not like the others.

Still with the current price in the 500s I could bring the adjusted cost per share down on that first account and if it stays low long enough I might be able to drop the adjusted cost on the third account.

time to search the couch.

dhanson865

Feb 16, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
Lol, do you mean SNL cast member Kyle Mooney? (image below) or something juicy and salacious like role-playing Cara Delevingne? No, don't answer that. It's clearly Johnny Depp...

E08Own0WEAAF7s-.jpg

...I guess that handles the (very) Public Relations dept. for the day. :p

Cheers!

That's not Kyle, that's Kate McKinnon

sentabo

Mar 8, 2021
SF Bay Area
If you never wanted to sell your entire TSLA stake in a fit of rage over Elons foolish endeavors on Twitter than you are not a true long term shareholder. :)

Happens to me every few months like clockwork
And it seems like every time TSLA drops (ostensibly) due to an Elon tweet, the stock comes back strongly soon thereafter. Maybe the guy knows what he's doing. ;)

Tes La Ferrari

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
CNN upped the FUD Tesla hit piece titled: "Tesla may be much worse off in China than anyone thought".

You know it's Pulitzer prize level BS if Gojo is quoted.

It's not worth rewarding with a link, so didn't post one here, but the best comedy line in it was:

"...shares topped out in late January after the company reported slightly disappointing earnings".

If Tesla keeps the growth trajectory of late, the supposed "disappointing earnings" will be paying for a lot of islands.

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
If you want to blow what I said out of proportion, that’s totally fine.

Lose respect in your eyes to sit on my butt and criticize? I simply said a potential remedy to the situation of the stock being sold off is for insiders to show support through some stock buys. I spend quite a bit of my time digging through earnings and the details of the company to make posts that help and inform. The couple of things I pointed out are facts.

That's not exactly what you said:

To be clear folks, I’m simply saying if you want remedy for the situation in the near term.....Tesla executives and board members should show some support by doing stock buys. Simple as that
Bold text is my edit.

I don't think it's accurate to say insiders should support the share price by using personal money to buy TSLA stock when they are likely so far overweight TSLA it's not even funny. They already work very hard for everyone's benefit (including shareholders) and we shouldn't expect more of them than they already give. If they want to buy even more shares with the cash portion of their salary, they will. But it's not proper to say they should.

JRP3

Hyperactive Member
Aug 20, 2007
Central New York

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
And Jay Leno ran a 9.5 with passengers.

Those of you who plan to take your Plaid Model S to the dragstrip around the holidays should lash a Christmas tree to the roof. Good fun to tell the Lambo driver you just beat that you're on your way home from the Christmas tree farm. :cool:

If track management questions you about the tree on the roof just say "Aw shucks, just spreading a little Christmas cheer, don't worry, the tree is rated to 250 mph when it's lashed on trunk first."

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
After having some time to process and getting new information I have two new thoughts.

1. With the new info that Elon showed regarding energy consumption with Bitcoin, the move does have some logic. It went from "ehh, not so great" to "wow, that's a lot of power/pollution". Unfortunately Elon isn't good at this sort of communication so it caused a lot more angst than necessary. I don't believe this will significantly reduce the value of Tesla's BTC holdings, even over the short term. If this move is part of a way to use excess solar power to mine crypto via powerwall/autobidder integration or a way to grab some of those sweet US power production credits then perhaps it was actually a genius move.

2. Thinking over my pessimism around the stock. I had the realization that I'm pretty darn good at seeing the local tops for my investments. Great track record there with things ranging from TSLA to SQ to even DOGE. What I'm bad at is seeing the bottoms. Because of this I've decided that instead of being extra bearish and reacting that way, I should do the opposite. I'm planning on converting a decent chunk of my shares (non-taxable account) into slightly OTM leaps over the next couple of trading days. Hodl my beer.

After all, we could have picked a boring boomer stock but where is the fun in that?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC