Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I go on the news sites and everywhere it's Elon Musk/Bitcoin bla bla. I go on Twitter, (the majority of people I follow are for Tesla content) and it's all Bitcoin bla bla. Then I come on here.
Does Tesla still make cars?
making cars seems to line up with the Mission Statement...

Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.​

Edit: Just a small glimpse of when Elon arrived. Mostly new footage from the construction work.

This was the most interesting video still, with Elon zooming past the front gate. I wonder if they are still waiting :p

giga.PNG

In the EV future $250k EV Roadsters and Limousines will still be low volume.

And high profit.

Yes, but nobody said the low-volume Pontiac stamping facility was for roadsters and limousines, they said, "Production is expected to ramp up later in 2021 with the all-new GMC Hummer EV Pickup, while the upcoming GMC Hummer EV SUV, Chevy Silverado EV, and Cruise Origin robo-taxi will be built there as well.

I found it interesting that right under the press release headline announcing this $40 million investment (tiny) in a low-volume stamping facility for EV's was this:

We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We are also looking for an experienced forum moderator to join our team. See details here.

While Motrolix is not GM (they are an automotive media company) they are located in Detroit and live and die by the US auto industry. I don't know how you can separate them from Ford and GM. Does anyone think Motrolix is looking to control the narrative in a low-volume EV future they are imagining? Because when you click that link you learn the details:

Careers​

If you’re looking to be a part of a rapidly-growing, exciting, and dynamic automotive publication, then look no further than GM Authority. We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
  • Forum moderator
  • Editor
  • News writer

and:

Overview

• You will be responsible for developing, growing and moderating forums on a daily basis.
  • Your work will be exposed to over 5 million monthly visitors (and growing).
The work

This is position involves the following responsibilities:

• Growing forums using strategies and techniques developed in collaboration with management.
  • Moderating forums and promoting forum culture.
  • Developing and enforcing a forum policy as it relates to topics and users.
  • Providing account support to users.
This position requires self-motivation and discipline.

• Your responsibilities will be clearly communicated to you, and you will be responsible for handling them.
  • There is no office and there’s nobody looking over your shoulder, so you need to be able to get things done and be responsible for getting them done.
Qualifications

• Thorough knowledge and understanding of forums, forum culture, and moderating activities.
  • At least two prior years experience managing a forum, including growing, moderating, and promoting forum culture.
  • Ability to understand topics, merge topics, post new topics.
  • Ability to handle users and enforce forum guidelines, including time-outs, banning and blacklisting.

Someone is paying for Motrolix's forum moderator and editors. Yes, it comes from advertising revenue but how do you get those advertising contracts with Ford and GM and their dealers? Well, you support their narrative. This is not a conspiracy, it's how media works. You would be insane to think there were not meetings between GM management and Motrolix communicating messaging strategies they want carried out. In my opinion, they are one and the same. You will not find highly critical articles in these auto industry rags, even when deserved. It will always be doing vigorous damage control on negative stories. Not searching them out.

Motrolix owns the Mach-e forum from which I was banned simply for arguing that ICE was a dying breed and that EV's were the future, with or without government incentives. This, on a forum that is presumably for EV enthusiasts! There was not a single warning or time-out, a reason was not provided for my banning, I broke no rules, I was simply quietly banned from posting there ever again. If this was a real media company they would welcome informed viewpoints, especially those promoting an EV future, but it's nothing more than an arm of GM and Ford and their dealer networks. It is chilling the way information is managed by corporate interests, especially in the digital age. It is big money and he who controls the narrative, controls minds and thoughts of the people. Voice is given to those towing the party line while those with well-stated opposition are silenced instantly.

GM and Ford are seeking to control the media and the forums discussing automotive issues of the day and who can can contribute to the discussion. According to Zoominfo.com, Motrolix had revenues of over $60 million in 2020 before falling to $4 million in Q1 and Q2 of 2021. With the hiring going on there I suspect their revenue is about to increase dramatically. Starve the beast, re-organize and come out with all guns blazing. Hiring new editors and forum moderators. Control the narrative. And the beat goes on.

No, I do not believe GM and Ford want to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy. It is lip service only to slow the transition down. They are the enemy, they will be pumping out as many ICE vehicles as possible, as long as possible. Because they work for big oil. And that's a whole 'nother story. That's why they killed the EV1 and why Elon Musk started Tesla. None of this should be news to anyone paying attention.

edit: And do not think for a moment that they don't have paid undercover agents participating right here on this forum trying to bend the narrative favorably to their agenda.

Betting against Tesla is basically betting against the move to EVs. Not a smart bet IMHO.

California Governor Gavin Newsom, a vocal proponent of electric vehicles, on Friday debuted a new proposal that would earmark $3.2 billion to boost EV infrastructure and adoption in the state.
Over half of the $3.2 billion budget would go toward replacing 1,150 trucks, 1,000 transit buses and 1,000 school buses with electric models. Another $800 million would be put toward the state’s Clean Cars 4 All program, which aims to help lower-income drivers upgrade to a zero- or near-zero car, as well as further rebates or clean vehicles. The proposal earmarks $500 million toward infrastructure and $250 million would go toward manufacturing grants. Newsom did not specify what type of infrastructure programs would qualify; it’s likely those funds would go toward charging.

Betting against Tesla is basically betting against the move to EVs. Not a smart bet IMHO.

California Governor Gavin Newsom, a vocal proponent of electric vehicles, on Friday debuted a new proposal that would earmark $3.2 billion to boost EV infrastructure and adoption in the state.
Over half of the $3.2 billion budget would go toward replacing 1,150 trucks, 1,000 transit buses and 1,000 school buses with electric models. Another $800 million would be put toward the state’s Clean Cars 4 All program, which aims to help lower-income drivers upgrade to a zero- or near-zero car, as well as further rebates or clean vehicles. The proposal earmarks $500 million toward infrastructure and $250 million would go toward manufacturing grants. Newsom did not specify what type of infrastructure programs would qualify; it’s likely those funds would go toward charging.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're talking about California. My guess is it will fund a dozen Hydrogen stations.

I don't think so. When you plant a seed it goes into the soil and you can't see it anymore. But that doesn't mean it's not going to sprout and make more seeds.
People who watched SNL and thought "this guy seems kinda normal and funny. I don't think he's a bad guy like I've heard", have zero idea what is going on in the bitcoin world.