Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NKLA up 10%, CCIV 4% and Tesla down I wonder why?
Perspective.

NKLA 1Y chart...

1621264733227.png

last week i thought we bottomed on high noise. noise ratcheted up even higher now, but price hasn’t moved much. so maybe we haven’t found our local bottom yet. either way...this is a breeze compared to the kind of noise we had to deal with in past. i’ll take a crypto argument over production problems all day long.

you all complaining about the tweets and BTC maybe should take a breather and ponder whether or not any of this matters, or if it’s just the adversarial media machine insinuating that it does.

for the record...it does not.

wake me up when there’s a real problem, like battery progress or production delays.

don’t get sucked into the back and forth
just enjoy the ride.

Erratic CEO, vague guidance, delayed product releases, frequent changes in focus and direction. Makes an objective investor skittish.

not saying i agree (i haven't sold any), but you asked for an explanation and that's what it is.

(once again, truth = downvotes on this forum. oh well)
It seems zero product releases is better than delayed product releases.

There is a lot of noise around the stock and Elon certainly isn't helping that noise. The FUD was always going to come back really strong at some point and we are very clearly seeing that now. Personally, I feel Tesla just needs to execute and everything will work out in the end. I don't want to get on the crypto talk, but at this point it has become a distraction. The S/X refresh has not been executed well. Elon time has creeped back in on FSD beta. There seems to be a delay from internal projections on Berlin (seems that is really on Germany). None of those really impact in a 5 year viewpoint, but in a near term viewpoint, they have an impact and will continue to drag on the share price until some of these things have more clarity. My guess is that until V9 beta is released and shown to be working with promise, Tesla will trade within a range. S/X refresh going out early with a great reception would probably also do the trick, but I think V9 is more likely to come before that.

Erratic CEO, vague guidance, delayed product releases, frequent changes in focus and direction. Makes an objective investor skittish.
Seems like you are new to Tesla?

Elon always delivers, rarely to his original timeline, but his record is second-to-none

People who realize this make a lot more money investing in TSLA! It's one advantage you can have over the algo-bots :)

Seems like you are new to Tesla?

Elon always delivers, rarely to his original timeline, but his record is second-to-none

People who realize this make a lot more money investing in TSLA! It's one advantage you can have over the algo-bots :)
I think he is describing the situation from the point of view of a typical investor outside of this forum. The optics don't look good right now to them. As for me, I'm buying shares on the cheap and got lots of time. The market's stupid-o-meter is filling up nicely.

Last edited:
I think he is describing the situation from a point of view of an typical investor outside of this forum. The optics don't look good right now to them. To me, I'm buying shares cheap and got lots of time. The market's stupid-o-meter is filling up nicely.
Apologies, I was picking up on the sentiment more than anything...

Stock drops 30% and everyone starts moaning after a 1,000% increase the year beforehand. The drop has nothing to do with Tesla, it is a macro event related to the risk of high inflation, tax bills due to high gains last year and the promise of higher capital gains next year, all of which have a larger effect on high growth stocks

The crypto guys are even worse, literally they are selling money-for-nothing and expect Elon to keep pumping it for them

If you believe in your investments, all you need is patience

Stock drops 30% and everyone starts moaning after a 1,000% increase the year beforehand. The drop has nothing to do with Tesla, it is a macro event related to the risk of high inflation, tax bills due to high gains last year and the promise of higher capital gains next year, all of which have a larger effect on high growth stocks

The crypto guys are even worse, literally they are selling money-for-nothing and expect Elon to keep pumping it for them

Guess I should have bought some of them there Macro shares instead. ;)

BTW, what's their symbol? :rolleyes:

The overall tech drop is a macro event driven by inflation risk and a re-opening pivot... that accounts for ~5-7% of the drop. Not the remaining ~20%. Yeah Tesla usually moves with a multiple, but other factors are hitting the stock beyond the macro.

I’m sure this has been covered up thread but I’m looking to transfer brokerages, can people tell me their initial and maintenance % margin at their brokerage for Tesla? Thanks in advance to all who reply!!
I called E*TRADE and within five days they lowered my rate from nearly 9% down to 1.95%. Definitely worth a call.

As recommended by fellow TMC members I referenced the interactive brokerage rates. You can find them online but they’re around 1.6%.