Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to this thread my account did allow me to order the Plaid for $10,000 less than the current price as I had ordered a Plaid+ last September. However, I had to pay the full $10,000 for FSD rather than the $8,000. I was very disappointed with Tesla when they were going to charge me the new price. Now, I love Tesla again. Delivery is July for my red, white interior with carbon fiber and 19" wheels.

It only makes sense. You have a customer building the largest factory in the world, going to be pumping out millions of product, and with plans to become the dominant entity in the world via massive growth for the foreseeable future. If you want to provide the best cost and service to said customer, you build next door to them. Like, duh.
Same thing already happened and still happening in Shanghai.

Thanks to this thread my account did allow me to order the Plaid for $10,000 less than the current price as I had ordered a Plaid+ last September. However, I had to pay the full $10,000 for FSD rather than the $8,000. I was very disappointed with Tesla when they were going to charge me the new price. Now, I love Tesla again. Delivery is July for my red, white interior with carbon fiber and 19" wheels.
Is it SA who told you July or it's showing July in your account?

Can someone provide info on Elon’s tranches and estimate when the last payment of this from the balance sheet occurs?
I have not spent a lot of time projecting the expense forward, but here is a quick preliminary analysis of the P&L impact of the CEO Award.
Going forward, the CEO P&L impact will be much less than what we have seen in the past 3 quarters.

Q3 2020 - $337m
Q4 2020 - $267m
Q1 2021 - $299m
Q2 2021 - $166m (projection)
Q3 2021 - $ 66m (projecton)
Q4 2021 - $131m (projection)
Significant drop in 2022 Q3 & Q4 (see below)

1624043030472.png

Last edited:
Ok,next question. How many could be sold each year?
If they were as much safer in their class as other Teslas are in theirs, they would sell very well. Finding a reasonably priced car that is really safe is surprisingly difficult in the US especially given the dangerously unwieldy behemoth "full size" SUV’s and pickups on our roads.

Lots of parents buy their teens cars—or at least buy a car with the intent to pass it along to the teen.

Plenty of these parents own their own homes so charging isn’t an issue. Indeed since most high schools are a short drive for most kids, a typical household plug might be adequate for many. (I’ve been surviving just fine with one for the occasional driving in my Model 3 that I do for more than half a year)

There was a tragic crash in which several teen girls died in my area a few months ago. I think if you have the option for autonomy, so your kid and their friends can get home from a party safely, you’d sell a lot of parents.

edit: Almost forgot to mention, teens love Teslas!

Last edited:
If somebody with access to L2 quotes could post the closing cross today, that'd be great.

Yeah-THATD-BE-1rlu82.jpg

Cheers!
I have lvl2 and watch it dayly .. and trust me .. there is a lot of *sugar* going on in that time.

at 15:50 i get the first estimates. 15:55 it gets more serious. at 15:58 they get locked in. I have seen 50k sell-imbalance vanish 10 secs before that nearly every day for the last week.
Stock reacts often pretty early. if it does then the imbalance-indication is trustworthy. if the stock does not move or opposes the cross-suggestion then big orders get regularly pulled..

Mostly we have about 50k shares of imbalance on a normal day. I have seen it starting with -50k imbalance, and from 15:57:50 to 15:58:00 it changed from -50k to +20k ... :D

So yes. It CAN be a pretty helpful indicator - but don't expect too much. Just a mediocere signal-to-noise-ratio.

Is TSLA setting up for a run next week?….or are we being set up again for 590 to 620 doldrums?

I say chances for a run are higher than they have been for months. Mid to high 600s for next week? Perhaps we can range from 620 to 650.

Well, it is somewhat traditional to have a runup before P&D (unless like last quarter there is a full-court press on w. rumors of a slumpe).

This runup is inevitably followed by a sell off (the news NEVER matters on the selloff; if the Repor is good, the shortzes just pay somebody to create a problem, like the 10-mth old cell phone user that only the MOST GULLIBLE would consider as being a coincidence on 3xWitching Friday).

Then they suck it down to the MA(200), rinse repeat, its their private ATM and protected by the SEC secrecy commission.

The ONLY thing that works is FORCING naked shortzes to cover. That's what happens with a share dividend.

I'm for it.

@Artful Dodger as you wished:
First estimate: +100k imbalance => price should go way up if those won't get pulled by :58

Edit: now 150k, although TSLA already went up by 2$
Edit2: at :55 ( :54:50 or so) a lot of orders got pulled. Down to +5k imbalance. Price stable at 623 - Indicative auction price at 624.20... lets see if they get out some shorts to push it below..

Edit :58: Imbalance to -20k. Indicative now: 623.50

Edit: :00: slight negative imbalance left over. Last Price: 623.31

--

As i suggested: a lot of *sugar* orders that got pulled (in 10-sec-view max at 15:54:50 was ~200k, 10 secs later only ~25k). Thats why i don't really trust that thing ;)

Last edited:
Is TSLA setting up for a run next week?….or are we being set up again for 590 to 620 doldrums?

I say chances for a run are higher than they have been for months. Mid to high 600s for next week? Perhaps we can range from 620 to 650.
Options-market (before everyone rolls their weekles over) for next week:
Big PUT-Wall at 650, Call-Walls at 650 & 700. Depending on what got closed today/rolled over we could end next week above 650.
Nearly no calls below 650 worth protecting for MMs. Unless a ton gets rolled over from today to next week.

But that is just my estimate.

Options-market (before everyone rolls their weekles over) for next week:
Big PUT-Wall at 650, Call-Walls at 650 & 700. Depending on what got closed today/rolled over we could end next week above 650.
Nearly no calls below 650 worth protecting for MMs. Unless a ton gets rolled over from today to next week.

But that is just my estimate.
WOW! Are you reading my mind or what?!

Ok so this is a closing cross question which people seem interested in though it had to do with AMC, it might be useful to someone else as a general pattern.

I had put in a limit sell order for some weekly puts for 4$ and E*trade at 3:54pm cancelled that order and replaced it with a market order that executed at 1.03$ immediately (~3:55pm) which I didn't personally enter. I've never seen that before. Feels like I just got played but then it closed at 59 so exactly 1.00$ would have been a closing cross value so it's about the same. What the heck just happened?
Depending on if it was short or long and ITM or OTM then brokers can do a lot of things with your orders.
If my long calls have the risk to run ITM & i have not the cash or margin to execute them, then IBKR closes them when their algorithm tells them that the risk of lending me money without securities is high.
If you were short some things then maybe the other party executed.

Others like Robinhood calculate these things hours before & start closing positions of their clients at 14:00 or even earlier. This also sometimes explaines stock-swings that happen on the hour on expiration days.

Yes, imagine a Plaid or even a Ludicrous 2; that would be a fun car.

At launch they could drop Model S plaid 0-60 to 1.8; they could have a Model 3 plaid do 0-60 in 2.5, and a Model 2 plaid do it in 2.9.

Would be a very high demand, high margin product.
Interestingly a handful of the Hot Hatches have already had performance that nearly matched their bigger sibling. With rare exceptions they do not have the very sophisticated suspension but In do recall a Fiat Uno Turbo ie that had Brembo brakes. It, in it's day, was what I suspect the Tesla 2P might do. It would be reasonable to assume they might also add some ANC and perhaps some other features. The general rule for that category is a price roughly double that of the base model.
By the time the Tesla 2 arrived they'll probably have a large casting and structural battery too, ending out cheaper, lighter and better.

I wish someone would do a comparison of a Tesla Plaid and an Audi RS7 just to show how dumb ICE is now.
Ugh. According to a friend it is a cost option with some or all Audi RSs if you want to delete ‘loud engine start’.

Stupid fake noise is literally all ICE has left in the toy box relative to EV. Weak.