Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sept 2022 (in norway at least)

The poor schmo shorts TSLA to the tune of a half billion one month before a breakout. I think we found the new king of contraindicators.

IIRC the actual cost was NOWHERE NEAR 500 million. He bought puts, he didn't short stock.

I never read CNN nor Fox News. They both focus on telling people how to think; tell me the facts, and I’ll make up my own mind. That said, I found this headline interesting in a humorous sort of way.

Actually, in a Ba Ha Ha, Ba Ha Ha sort of way.

Testing 695 for the 3rd time now, will be curious to see where the MM draw the line for tomorrow. Surely under 700, right? Volume is still decent.
$700 is no problem for them. And this week is nothing compared to the massive June 18th wall of calls they just obliterated.

My assumption is they're just covering the naked short from the last 2 months before and 2Q numbers start trickling out. Perfect plan to maximize total pain for investors/speculators.

Not sure if it's in their mandate to create this kind of volatility, I'll leave that to the SEC to decide. Lol!

When I first heard of FSD about 10(?) years ago I immediately thought of how it would increase tourism but decrease air travel, and when Tesla Fans started pointing out they could sleep in an air-conditioned (or heated) space without the risk of dying from the fumes I realized even greater tourist activity could be created but to the fetriment of the Hotel industry.

This could be feasible even in the very short term, as most of that driving will be on highways. Indicate sleep mode once you are on the highway and the Tesla stops at the last supercharger/resting place before the final exit. The Tesla will not try to overtake (there is no rush) and drive with the same speed as the other vehicles on the right lane. Recharging is the bummer, but this can be solved With a couple of stalls that are automatic. (Tesla knows when they are coming). In this made, no eyes on the road are necessary nor tugs on the wheel (or for the really lucky people, yoke).

I can't predict where it'll be by then, but the current trendline points to the low of the range being 812 at mid October.

Purely based on the trendline I would roll forward a bit (I currently hold a bunch of 850/900 call spreads for Jan 22), but fundamentals are great and TSLA breakouts are usually huge so it's definitely possible for it to be a big winner. Mostly depends on your risk tolerance
Oh thanks! Yes, risk tolerance is key. I think we'll pierce 700 "shortly" (covering).

A bit OT... Still HODL-ing 95% of my IRA investments in chairs, my Account is still of the "Margin" type. Could this work against me for acquiring SpaceX shares, or do we think it would be based purely using Shares on hand at some particular date? Similar to what SAY does? I would not leave TSLA, just I do NOT want to miss that opportunity.

Imagine what Bezos would pay for a trip To Da Moon! Heck, maybe some here on TMC are planning that trip right now.

Reactions: Drezil
This could be feasible even in the very short term, as most of that driving will be on highways. Indicate sleep mode once you are on the highway and the Tesla stops at the last supercharger/resting place before the final exit. The Tesla will not try to overtake (there is no rush) and drive with the same speed as the other vehicles on the right lane. Recharging is the bummer, but this can be solved With a couple of stalls that are automatic. (Tesla knows when they are coming). In this made, no eyes on the road are necessary nor tugs on the wheel (or for the really lucky people, yoke).
For Sleep Mode, I'm gonna set it on 4 car lengths, but Mad Max, use HOV, and only use the fast lane as needed.
I think I'd be just as in a hurry when I'm sleeping. I think I'd sit passenger seat too, make sure I don't touch a thing.

Hummer is priced at Model X levels and will sell similar numbers. 50k/year. Even with zero sales in Europe.

Lyric starts $60k and will sell ~75k per year.

These are not mass market vehicles. These are the first two Ultium vehicles as the first of four ~30 GWh/year factories ramp up. eSilverado among others will be mass market.

Yes, Bolt is an econobox with a $15k premium and no $7.5k Fed Tax Credit vs very similar vehicles from the competition with a $7.5k Fed Tax Credit.

BTW Ford is headquarted in Dearborn. GM is headquartered in Detroit.
Thanks for the correction. My comment was pointing out that GM's "mass market" vehicle which is the Bolt is barely selling 20k units/year during a fire sale. If that's their big seller based on volume, how can they expect to sell millions a few years from now? My point was that the Lyric and Hummer are not mass market vehicles obviously so their numbers will be spillage.
How do you expect GM to sell 50k Hummers at $100k ish when they can't sell 25k Bolts at $30k in the most popular car segment outside of trucks? Hummer and Lyric are boutique vehicles that I can't see ever selling 50K/year. The Silverado is their best shot at selling any significant numbers, of that I agree but if the specs for the upcoming Lyric and Hummer are a precursor, I see it as a dud. The peak charging on the Lyric is 150kW, in 2023.
They're doing it wrong.

price.PNG
😋

I never read CNN nor Fox News. They both focus on telling people how to think; tell me the facts, and I’ll make up my own mind. That said, I found this headline interesting in a humorous sort of way.

Actually, in a Ba Ha Ha, Ba Ha Ha sort of way.
That was a fun read! Thanks.

Reactions: Jack6591