Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to live in Switzerland. The Swiss really love VW something fierce, so seeing Tesla sell more than VW is powerful.
This is also powerful…

1626485852329.jpeg

Photo of VW in Switzerland flooding this week

Agreed. I enjoyed the video overall and was pleased at the interstellar gap between the two. However, I think it was disingenuous to show the Tesla pump intact and the Ford one only as pieces dumped out of a box. A fairer view would have been to show both intact and then move on from there. And if the Ford one could not be hung up and displayed, then shown pictorially for the sake of comparison.

it’s great that Tesla is kicking everyone’s behind on the pump, but all reviews need to be at the highest levels of parity to be truly definitive.

Side note: The dynamics between Sandy and his President seemed off?
I think the reason they left the Tesla system together and showed the MachE in pieces is that the Tesla system is clean and right and can be showed a unit.... The MachE system ran all over the place with lots of houses, pumps and bottles and brackets... it doesn't really allow a way to show it together....

An EV fire sets us all back, no matter which Brand, and is no laughing matter. Let's hope the other Brands can get their shyte together and put out good quality, safe and reliable EVs like Tesla. Every EV sold displaces one ICE and is considered a victory.
I don’t think it does set us all back. It might set back the specific model. Maybe. Certainly if the fires continue for that specific model then Fiero anyone? Otherwise that thought process is just about getting sucked into the FUD narrative. Stuff sometimes burns. No biggie.

I do find humor in much of it simply because the braggadocios are having to wear egg now.

Good morning, Stellantis!

Stellantis said its wholly owned subsidiary FCA Italy had been placed under investigation by a Paris court on Tuesday over allegations of consumer fraud relating to the sale of diesel vehicles between 2014 and 2017.

Diesel - the gift that keeps on giving.
Ok so probably a bit beside the point but god I hate the name Stellantis so much. It sounds like it was named by a four year old. I would refuse to invest in them or drive one of their cars just for that

FSD subscriptions are live... $199/mo or $99/mo if you have enhanced AP already

I don’t think it does set us all back. It might set back the specific model. Maybe. Certainly if the fires continue for that specific model then Fiero anyone? Otherwise that thought process is just about getting sucked into the FUD narrative. Stuff sometimes burns. No biggie.

I do find humor in much of it simply because the braggadocios are having to wear egg now.
It totally used to set all the EV companies back, now, not so much. Tesla has very much surpassed that narrative, just doesn't hold water anymore. The last fire with the Plaid feels like a nothing burger as it seems staged.

I do wish that GM, Ford and others do the right thing, but I'm so skeptical that it behooves me to not hold my breath.

Rats, I have a little cash left that I was gonna put into options today. Got held up and forgot. Hope it's not to late on Monday.

Interesting... HW2.x cars don't get HW3 upgrades included... says you have to order that by itself, though no price is listed.

Price was basically exactly what I expected though

Last edited:

Man I bet the EAP folks who were like "Imma just gonna wait for subscription and free upgrade!" are kicking themselves pretty hard now... after 5-15 months they'll be more outta pocket than having bought FSD with the car.

Folks whose cars already came with HW3 (most cars by now) though can go north of 4 years before it's more expensive to have done subscription, which is still less than average new car ownership, so yeah, pricing seems about perfect.

Plus it'll get the occasional extra $199 once or twice a year from folks who only want it for a roadtrip or two that would've been $0 otherwise.