Very much agree, my expectations for the event:Please dont hype up ai day to be more than it is. Its been already stated that this is a recruitment event. Its just like neuralinks recruitment event. Its designed to ensure that if there are people out there who could help with FSD, that they choose tesla and not a rival company. Thats it,
I'll watch the whole thing, but my day job involves coding neural network style stuff, so i'll be interested. (Too old and inflexible geographically to apply though...) But I suspect 90% of people watching will not understand what is discussed.
This is NOT a product reveal. I suspect they will talk a lot about the FSD chip, and the supercomputer used to train the net it uses. Thats it.
Its not a 'snake charger product reveal' event...
- This is a recruiting event, lots of nerdy details on what they are doing and planning to do, nothing Wall Street can understand or appreciate.
- They will reveal Dojo, but it’s not ready yet, will have progress updates in two weeks.
- They have been working on HW4, new process but same capabilities as HW3, much cheaper to build though. Not ready yet, progress updates in two weeks.
- UCLA helped to prototype a new snake charger, using FSD HW3 for vision and control. Not ready yet, release plan updates in two weeks.
- FSD beta has some major architectural improvements coming, in two weeks.
- These are all that would be announced in two weeks.