Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very much agree, my expectations for the event:
  • This is a recruiting event, lots of nerdy details on what they are doing and planning to do, nothing Wall Street can understand or appreciate.
  • They will reveal Dojo, but it’s not ready yet, will have progress updates in two weeks.
  • They have been working on HW4, new process but same capabilities as HW3, much cheaper to build though. Not ready yet, progress updates in two weeks.
  • UCLA helped to prototype a new snake charger, using FSD HW3 for vision and control. Not ready yet, release plan updates in two weeks.
  • FSD beta has some major architectural improvements coming, in two weeks.
  • These are all that would be announced in two weeks.
Okay - so not an investor event - gotcha. I can deal with this....

..But can we agree it is a TMC investor event?

Tesla fanboys 🤣

tempsnip.png

During the press secretary's briefing today, she was asked about Tesla not being invited to today's White House EV event. I've programmed this video to begin at the point.

Yahoo Finance - today:

Dear press secretary, what is the field strength of your MRI scanner? Answer: well there are many forces involved in the use of an MRI, there is of course the current and voltage, also there is liquid helium and nitrogen... We don't like a narrow perspective on classification of our MRI scanner, we prefer an alternative description that is all inclusive...

During the press secretary's briefing today, she was asked about Tesla not being invited to today's White House EV event. I've programmed this video to begin at the point.

Yahoo Finance - today:

I'm thinking they beg for a bigger tax credit with UAW member companies, maybe even tweak the definition of "Built in USA". Paint the Mach-e body in Mexico along with engine assembly, wheels, cloths etc... and ship it into the US for final assembly. MIA is such a farce. This country doesn't make anything really (doing my part in my own venture).

Making is just in my blood, so I get the UAW. But automation in the next decade is going to really suck for blue collar. And for what I'm paying some apprentice to install some water softener in my home recently, Auto Workers should get more, like stock options (oh wait, Tesla does this?) The Legacy Company goal, as with any pure money sucking company, is to reduce headcount, cut costs, that's the tool of choice. So why would they offer incentives like company stock to have them stick around? Investors would not vote for such payouts - most companies have fundamentally flawed Operating Agreements and disregard the Employee, Community, and Environment. And that change is also S-curve slow to change.

The video clip proves it.

They're not idiots, it's just political. As others have stated unfortunately politics is political and if that's what they feel they need to do to continue to keep pushing EVs in four years, I'm game.

Pete B drives a Tesla. That admin is on the younger side. Everyone knows who the Godzilla in the room is. Let them talk the talk they need to but in the end all that matters is the wording on the bills and, thus far, it's looking like it'll be VERY good for Tesla.

Half the country [D and R] hate Musk and half the country still thinks Teslas are six figure luxury cars. I work social media for a giant automotive media company and see hundreds of comments a day. Most people think EVs are for "rich people on the coasts". We need to change that perspective and, frankly, Tesla not being there helps the cause.
Good point. I do believe that people not really thinking that a new EV tax credit helps Tesla is a good thing to help it get passed. Tesla and Elon success works against it. So not having Tesla involved can help. You also have the people that simply hate Elon because his shares of Tesla have become so valuable.

For the record, Im hoping for a super charger attendant robot that can plug in robotaxis that come in to charge. The robot itself could use a supercharger charge itself. Cant send your tesla to drive itself cross country if theres nobody there to plug it in.

I know, its not gonna happen, but it would be cool eh?
I got it!

The scene is dark.
The Tesla arrives.
It gets lighter - and we dimly discern a robot of some shape which steps, crawls or slithers out.
The light is bright now. We see the robot clearly.
Its shape is surpising, yet obvious.
Wow.
It, somehow, moves to the trunk.
And pulls out a weirdly looking machine.
A hush falls on the crowd - what will happen?
Silence.
The robot starts to, slowly, very slowly, crank a mechanical handle.
It turns out that the mechanical box is a mechanical differential Babbage engine.
And we see now, that it is being used to mine dogecoin - it will mine 1 dogecoin per 1 million year.
The crowd is silent.
And then ... one by one they start clapping. It gets louder and turns to a roaring, thunderous applause with much rejoicing.

For, in the end, what better proof of intelligence than being able do deliver a good joke?

If they did we would have combatted climate change a long time ago and we would be far more vaccinated.
No it wouldn't. In general, humanity does not think outside of "how can I get more than what everyone else gets." The UAW is not interested in improving air quality unless it is expressly for those in the UAW...like getting better air quality inside the shops. When it was obvious that ICE engines are a major polluter(which as far as I can remember goes back to the 1960's), the UAW did not push for their employers to invest more of the profits in research HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. (My Imagination is off the chain just to be able to think of such an action by the UAW!)
And no one vaccinates themselves to reduce the chance that a stranger won't get the disease.

The event isn't designed for investors, so I could see why Tesla doesn't post anything related to it there. They'll undoubtedly have a livestream on the Tesla YouTube channel for the event. Battery Day was combined with the annual shareholder meeting so was covered on ir.tesla.com.
Interesting that Autonomy event was Investor day, on ir page, but AI day isn’t even though Elon said Tesla would be as much an AI company as a vehicle, energy company.
I am still surprised why no word yet on AGM.

“But I’ll let you draw your own conclusions!” Hahahah… IN YOUR FACE 😂
My conclusion:

This is pork to protect a part of their base, i.e. unionized autoworkers.

Tesla is a threat to that base.

Even if Tesla were unionized, it would still be a relatively small shop in terms of employment numbers. It would likely also still be considered a threat. At best, Tesla will only get the smallest of scraps.

My guess is that they will put some kind of language in to direct the pork to "the big three" even it means lawsuits. Then, they’ll just drag out the litigation—"that’ll slow ‘em."

Those in the administration likely even know they are being sold a pig in a poke (to continue on the porcine theme) by the legacy automakers—"electrification" my eye.

I got it!

The scene is dark.
The Tesla arrives.
It gets lighter - and we dimly discern a robot of some shape which steps, crawls or slithers out.
The light is bright now. We see the robot clearly.
Its shape is surpising, yet obvious.
Wow.
It, somehow, moves to the trunk.
And pulls out a weirdly looking machine.
A hush falls on the crowd - what will happen?
Silence.
The robot starts to, slowly, very slowly, crank a mechanical handle.
It turns out that the mechanical box is a mechanical differential Babbage engine.
And we see now, that it is being used to mine dogecoin - it will mine 1 dogecoin per 1 million year.
The crowd is silent.
And then ... one by one they start clapping. It gets louder and turns to a roaring, thunderous applause with much rejoicing.

For, in the end, what better proof of intelligence than being able do deliver a good joke?
My Robot scene beats your robot scene:
Goober Pyle/Robocop/WestWorld