Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously would this be a bad thing? Then we all can tweet at every single news report a video of everything a person must go through to be able to use AP and FSD.
I have no personal opinion about good or bad. What I know about people, though, is that some will complain it’s redundant, too much, ridiculous etc…, some will complain it’s still not enough, and some will argue ignorance to their grave - perhaps literally - and their family will sue.

Me? As long as the gymnastics don’t make me magnetic or throw my back out, I’ll just use AP as intended, enjoy it and carry on contently in life.

To think a jury of 12 people will not emotionally react to such an event is naïve, ignorant or stupid, take your pick. This is the country where McDonalds lost a suit because they made the coffee too hot.

They lost that suit because they had a history of injuries reported due to their unusually hot coffee and did not act. Let's hope Tesla doesn't get into that sort of situation. (and the lady in question initially only asked for medical bills, rather than punitive damages)

Its ironic, FSD will eventually be a perfect system. The problem is it has to operate in an imperfect environment with humans drivers. Tteaching FSD to read road signs, is relatively easy. The problem is teaching FSD to read road signs and react to the driver in the next lane texting or putting on makeup. Moving AI from being theoretical to reality.

Licensing this tech, even in an imperfect state should yield positive results for the stock price.
I have to imagine that many car companies would love just an ADAS system using highway autopilot. Just compare it to blue cruise. Ford is stupid to spend so much on that failure of a system vs just buying it from Tesla. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

For several years at the beginning of my journey as a TSLA investor, I believed that all my years of public education, all my real world work experience, all my prior endeavours had no relevance or applicability to the Stock Market.

Now, after years (and 1,000s of hrs) of dedicated study on this topic, I realize that I in fact WAS well prepared by early childhood for Market realities, and that I had simply forgotten those important lessons:

snakes and ladders.png

#Evergrande

To think a jury of 12 people will not emotionally react to such an event is naïve, ignorant or stupid, take your pick. This is the country where McDonalds lost a suit because they made the coffee too hot.

Rightfully so.

It wasn't just "hot"

It was caused 3rd degree burns, and had been reported to them hundreds of previous times as causing injury to customers hot.

McDonalds admitted in court it was aware, for over 10 years prior, that the temps their manual mandated serving at was dangerous and had repeatedly injured customers and they continued to choose not to do anything about it.

Since Tesla generally puts safety above all other concerns they're pretty much in the exact opposite situation from McDonalds from a negligence perspective were such an accident to happen.

That's today's change. <1hr of open market theta decay since Friday's close and the price is down 9%? I guess IV was just a good tick higher Friday with the steep drop in SP.
IV is more of a function of the market. 790s are currently down too. 800cs are asking for basically a 9% move in 2.5 weeks to make a profit on a stock that moved ~9% in the month prior. Theta will be eating anything over 7.5% over 2 weeks until a move starts to happen. A month out, theta starts eating expecting over 9.5%. A week plus out, around 4-4.5%. Now personally, I think a move will happen that week after deliveries are announced. If Tesla stays below ~760 until mid next week, those options will roughly the same price as now. Now if Tesla jumped to 770 this week, those options will have increased demand and shoot to ~10 as a ~5% jump puts them solidly in the money with a chance at more.

With how the chain looks, it seems to me the market is setting up for a battle of 790-795 on a Q3 delivery. Now I think the street is setting up low at ~220k. If the higher end numbers tossed around here of 240+ happens, the low end of that battle won't be winnable (outside of macro issues). If 220k happens, <790 will happen.

No its a real question. I have asked the same thing multiple times over the years on this thread. Its about liability, when FSD is involved in an accident with a casualty, and it will happen, who is liable? Because the NTSB is snooping around, now some here are thinking about the same question. Kudos to Tesla for being careful in choosing Beta testers, it tells me Elon and his management team are thinking about the same question too.

My Tesla stock has rewarded me very well by the way, thank you for the advice.
That question has been answered literally dozens of times.

You want to be fearful of a maybe outcome that maybe negatively affects you financially. Nobody here can help you with that unless there’s a doctor of psychiatry or psychology perusing this thread.

I doubt Elon is thinking about a lawsuit, unless it involves Bezos. Tesla’s lawyers probably are because that’s their job. No need for kudos, Elon has been clear day one that safety is #1 on his list across all his companies. That’s not even a question and something you should already be well aware of, so there’s no logical need to question safety. It’s akin to checking a door you just locked to see if it’s locked.

Why does this feel familiar? :p

Cheers!
Let's not forget this one on the Mach-e with loose frame bolts... such high quality!

Forward Observing

FSD

Drove from Olympia to Seattle (Washington) for the first time in well over two years (50 miles plus or minus). Most in FSD mode with our X. Fewer cars on the northbound side, and pleasant drive with no rain.

Saturday we started watching SpaceX mission Invision4 ~ please do not spoil the program by telling me how it ends:). Both our fathers would have given their eye teeth to have made that flight. I have been traveling by air since I was ten ~ I was flown on a plane to babysit some friends in a prop job ~ all airlines were prop-jobs back then. Just as cars were manual.

I know, without hesitation that my reaction time is, well, slower ~ probably faster than you, but much slower than years ago. I have followed the articles on FSD. Most written by humans with an agenda.

Freedom

I am the freest human on the face of the earth. Yet, there is a ten to one ratio of humans that want to take my freedoms away. If some white guy says no, I either bust the door down or find the path of least resistance to my objective.

Now, I live by simple rules ~ look for the truth, essentially do no harm, leave life in a better condition than when you found it. I say essential ~ I am not perfect, and know it. FYI ~ I found carving stone easier than dealing with humans. Same principles apply to stone. If a piece breaks off where not desired, I pause and creatively find a path that may bring out greater adjusted beauty.

Get to the point.

FYI ~ I have few friends, just sayin’

If you get my hint, everything changes ~ everything, amen. In ‘65, we had a station wagon with an automatic that I used to obtain my my drivers license, and a VW Beetle with a manual transmission. It was not until ‘95 that we stopped with the manual transmission syndrome. I doubt that I saved much money speed shifting:)

FSD ~ being the SOB that I am, if you were driving stupidly, well you probably deserved the outcome. However, what if Hal 9000 (did I get that right?), drove you into that tree? I can speak from personal experience where human while drinking took my/our son. I do not blame the driver of a fossil fuel car that burst into flames, or the manufacturer ~ no, I blame myself for not being a better parent. I did that too so I did not lose my partner in life ~ it worked.

It is easier to talk from experience than use labels.

Humans on average would rather chew their arm off, than admit guilt. Me, I would rather keep my arms.

If the right to use FSD is severely restricted, we may never see even level 4 self driving. I do not know the levels, do not care either. I just want to get something better than a teen learning to drive. At this age, I am so over that. I think what everyone is and should have as a cautionary yellow light Hal 9000 taking over. No matter how many PCs I’ve given new life to, it just takes one pee’d off PC ~ Hal. This is what every programmer for every auto manufacturer needs to seek to achieve ~ a flawless program that will not kill people. At some point, everything will come together; however, it is critical that lots of drivers test the program to weed out the flaws. No one, and nothing is perfect. Failure to be alert, and pay attention means you may not be able to report the date time of event and circumstances:)

The painstaking detail involved in getting Invision4 team into space is a testament to Elon’s fortitude.

Hey look TSLA is still green and getting brighter ~ shiny thing:)

I think both as a joke and as an overtly ludicrous-level butt-covering operation, Tesla should have you sign in one dialog, then have 10 additional warning dialogs, each with an "I accept" button randomly located on screen, and requiring each dialog to be initialed--like when you're buying a house. Take the whole process to 11.
As long as last screen is “This is how much you could save by switching to Tesla car insurance…. Set changeover date / Decline.”

Interesting article about EV companies in China:

"There are some 846 registered automobile manufacturers in China, and more than 300 of them churn out new-energy cars, loosely defined as electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids. The vast majority are names unrecognizable elsewhere."

"The government is also looking at setting production limits for the EV sector, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News this month, with provinces unable to green-light new projects until surplus capacity comes online. Resources will also be channeled into a few select EV hubs."

Forward Observing

FSD

Drove from Olympia to Seattle (Washington) for the first time in well over two years (50 miles plus or minus). Most in FSD mode with our X. Fewer cars on the northbound side, and pleasant drive with no rain.

Saturday we started watching SpaceX mission Invision4 ~ please do not spoil the program by telling me how it ends:). Both our fathers would have given their eye teeth to have made that flight. I have been traveling by air since I was ten ~ I was flown on a plane to babysit some friends in a prop job ~ all airlines were prop-jobs back then. Just as cars were manual.

I know, without hesitation that my reaction time is, well, slower ~ probably faster than you, but much slower than years ago. I have followed the articles on FSD. Most written by humans with an agenda.

Freedom

I am the freest human on the face of the earth. Yet, there is a ten to one ratio of humans that want to take my freedoms away. If some white guy says no, I either bust the door down or find the path of least resistance to my objective.

Now, I live by simple rules ~ look for the truth, essentially do no harm, leave life in a better condition than when you found it. I say essential ~ I am not perfect, and know it. FYI ~ I found carving stone easier than dealing with humans. Same principles apply to stone. If a piece breaks off where not desired, I pause and creatively find a path that may bring out greater adjusted beauty.

Get to the point.

FYI ~ I have few friends, just sayin’

If you get my hint, everything changes ~ everything, amen. In ‘65, we had a station wagon with an automatic that I used to obtain my my drivers license, and a VW Beetle with a manual transmission. It was not until ‘95 that we stopped with the manual transmission syndrome. I doubt that I saved much money speed shifting:)

FSD ~ being the SOB that I am, if you were driving stupidly, well you probably deserved the outcome. However, what if Hal 9000 (did I get that right?), drove you into that tree? I can speak from personal experience where human while drinking took my/our son. I do not blame the driver of a fossil fuel car that burst into flames, or the manufacturer ~ no, I blame myself for not being a better parent. I did that too so I did not lose my partner in life ~ it worked.

It is easier to talk from experience than use labels.

Humans on average would rather chew their arm off, than admit guilt. Me, I would rather keep my arms.

If the right to use FSD is severely restricted, we may never see even level 4 self driving. I do not know the levels, do not care either. I just want to get something better than a teen learning to drive. At this age, I am so over that. I think what everyone is and should have as a cautionary yellow light Hal 9000 taking over. No matter how many PCs I’ve given new life to, it just takes one pee’d off PC ~ Hal. This is what every programmer for every auto manufacturer needs to seek to achieve ~ a flawless program that will not kill people. At some point, everything will come together; however, it is critical that lots of drivers test the program to weed out the flaws. No one, and nothing is perfect. Failure to be alert, and pay attention means you may not be able to report the date time of event and circumstances:)

The painstaking detail involved in getting Invision4 team into space is a testament to Elon’s fortitude.

Hey look TSLA is still green and getting brighter ~ shiny thing:)
You could have said much of that with my own personal mantra:

I am pro too stupid to live.

Reactions: ggr
Do any S and X have interior cameras prior to the refreshed models?

Nope.

Originally Tesla said the camera in the 3 was only there for robotaxi purposes to document any damage passengers might inflict, not for driver monitoring.

In a great example though of Teslas flexibility as a tech company- the EU passed a rule that going forward will require a driver monitoring system for ADAS type features, so they pivoted to using the existing camera, despite it not being designed or intended (or ideally featured or located) for that originally, to be a "good enough for the EUs law" solution without needing to develop and source new hardware.