Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i’ll attempt that group but I have been generally deeply disappointed with the quality of analysis of option participants. The logic and math of options Is a step up from the complexity of buying shares but in practice instead of deeper rigor tends to come with an increase in magical irrational thinking.

I wasn't advocating that you try selling options (although I believe that every investor should learn how to, since it's much simpler in practice than in theory). I was only speculating that (unlike with stocks where we're essentially powerless), the retail community might actually have enough critical mass to have an effect on the options market.

Button coming tomorrow!
1632376695844.png

I wasn't advocating that you try selling options (although I believe that every investor should learn how to, since it's much simpler in practice than in theory). I was only speculating that (unlike with stocks where we're essentially powerless), the retail community might actually have enough critical mass to have an effect on the options market.

I’m up 6.6m selling options back in January when there was obviously an EV mini bubble and tsla IV was 75+%. it continues to astound me how bad people are at this. The most shocking thing is the worst least impressive students flock to options.

--- SHORTSVILLE TIMES: BREAKING NEWZ ---

Rivian Hedges Investment in Electronic Pickup Truck.

It is unknown at this time if Tesla Autopilot was involved in the crash. Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for Autopilot data.

Rivian-crash-scaled.jpeg

/S

I’m up 6.6m selling options back in January when there was obviously an EV mini bubble and tsla IV was 75+%. it continues to astound me how bad people are at this. The most shocking thing is the worst least impressive students flock to options.
That's some serous wonga, dude!

If you're "up" that amount, I cannot begin to imagine the underlying capital you have. In fact I'd query what you're doing wasting your time with us, bored of the yacht? 😄

Is it just me or is there a growing division on TMC between the main investor thread and the "The Wheel" options thread?

I fully agree with @StealthP3D when he/she says:

In other words, a strong conviction that you can predict the future share price movements does not imply you should be using that conviction to harvest small premiums. That is a decision that should be made taking into account the totality of your financial position and strategy. It's not a no-brainer.

But in this thread the options-methods are not discussed in depth, regarding for example choice of strike prices, expiration dates, option types (call/put), option spread types (BPS, BCS, IC, strangles, straddles, etc), option management (rolling, widening spreads, tightening spreads, multi-leg strats, ...) and most importantly how all the above are dictated by your financial position, goals and risk tolerance.

Those aspects are being discussed in the options thread, although the thread consists of traders of all levels of skill and insight. What I have noticed (by reading the entire thread - you must do so to form an informed opinion about the options thread) is that most members of the thread are gaining skill and insight week by week, options play by options play. It reallly is a beautiful thing to see how people from all backgrounds/financial situation freely (and without incentive to gain from others like many "Tesla influencers") share their experiences/theories/strategies which in turn inspires others to outperform their past selves.

In that sense it truly is a "Wheel" thread, i.e. a flywheel of knowledge and insight in a complex subject matter.

And yes, there are some who wing it and get themselves in sugar, but every thread on the internet has bad apples. Generally each takes full responsability for his/her own actions. The thread should not be seen as a "get rich quick" scheme, but just as a knowledge base for alternative strategies to the 100% HODL strategy (a.k.a. the dead investor). Most the Wheel participants have some HODL part of their portfolio anyway.

TL;DR: can we stop the bickering about options and its thread? To each their own. Whatever investment/trading strategies we use, we (TMC members) are all supportive of Tesla and $TSLA, no matter how many covered calls one might have sold when the stock price soars :).

If you really did, you can always roll up and out. Tesla might outrun all those calls but you'll at least get more for your shares.
I really didn't sell covered calls for Friday.. . . .I thought it was a good meme to highlight that the stock was up after-hours.
. . . and now in pre-market up even more:
1632389980335.png

Hedgies struggling to hold TSLA gains to 1x macros in hot Pre-market: :D

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,287.20 +123.75 (+0.82%)
As of 5:40AM EDT. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Sep 23, 2021 05:38 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$758.67 +6.73 (+0.90%)
Pre-Market Volume32,499
Pre-Market High$759 (05:32:54 AM)
Pre-Market Low$755.99 (04:03:33 AM)

Cheers!

I doubt it, the NTSB is run by those who support legacy auto and oil, so their job depends upon dissing Tesla.
There are reasons to be critical of NTSB, but they rarely exhibit that sort of bias. Over and over, in every part of transportation they have demonstrated skepticism regarding new technologies, usually after accidents. From railroad signaling, aircraft autopilots, pilot tube heating, carrying hazardous cargo, lithium iron batteries in transportation to assisted driving they always are consistent skeptics. The NTSB was designed to investigate accidents and risks, then make recommendations. That Is one reason they have no regulatory role, just a powerful bully pulpit.

--- SHORTSVILLE TIMES: BREAKING NEWZ ---

Rivian Hedges Investment in Electronic Pickup Truck.

It is unknown at this time if Tesla Autopilot was involved in the crash. Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for Autopilot data.

Rivian-crash-scaled.jpeg

/S
Just watched the Schumacher movie on Netflix yesterday and I needed up reading the theories on Senna tragic fatal accident. The first cover up version of Williams said it was the tire pressure that went down causing them to lower the car by 3-4mm and hitting the irregular tarmac at the Tamburelo turn in Imola GP and thus losing downforce from lifting the car couple millimeters. Then the investigators found out the welding of the driving colum ruptured at the 6G turn while hitting at the same time the bumpy portion of the tarmac. I wonder what will be the first version released by Rivian (cut by a Tesla car on FSD) before the real one is discovered (brake or steering problem)

We have officially passed last week high premarket, I regret that my buy order didn’t go through in this flash sale we had on Monday. My 711$ was too low baller

If you need more proof that ol’ Sawyer has no idea what he’s talking about (is he out of high school yet?):
View attachment 713054
“Yield is whether that step is good or bad” 😂

Sometimes I feel Sawyer doesn't know what he is talking about, but then he goes and says things like this which seem to confirm my feelings. 🤔

That was a solid correction. S&P 500 hit 5% down from ATH, looks like we're set up for the next bull run at just about the right time for major October catalysts.
Not out of the woods yet. SPY gap fill to 441. We need to at least close above this to even consider a turn around and as we can see there's a fight at this number AH.