Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bradferg questioning legit of big whale is odd to me. He is good ol’ paydirt of options thread here, who did not like being outed and could not give a straight answer to things. He offered a teaser of info, no good explanation (to me), tried his darndest to take traffic off of here. despite his theft of traffic, eyeballs the mods protected his thread and shut it down. In other words, mods protected dumb money options gambling.

5X in five years and 15X in ten years??!?!?! 😮

Honestly I'd be ecstatic if we just got 5X in ten years! :D
With those returns, in 5 years I could be the Crazy Rich Asian Uncle and tell people about my time engine at family gatherings....

I'm not going to pretend I understand quantum mechanics but time actually is the 4th dimension and you can easily change your relative progression through time simply by moving much faster than another object through the universe. This is how time dilation works. Scientists actually have put very accurate atomic clocks on jetliners and flown them around the world and demonstrated that time dilation is real and Einstein was right (duh) because the clocks on the jetliners ran slower than the ones on Earth.

capster, I think you quoted the wrong poster in your response. That or you're WAY out in left field.

What I was telling Wicket is that the amount of shares that retail investors (and traders) move around in TSLA stock is miniscule (billionaire buying 5 million shares being the exception) and isn't enough to affect the gyrations of the stock price. ESPECIALLY because most of TMCers are in the buy-n-hold camp (even the option traders!!). This statement, I think is pretty well accepted, right?

The amount of options moved around by these very same retail investors, however, seem to approach a pretty significant fraction of the options traded weekly (if not daily) - especially with the selling of covered calls. Thus my claim that retail options traders might be the ones responsible for lower premiums for those call options (and thus the lower IV).
Nope. I meant to quote you: I take issue with your use of the word "powerless" in your post when referring to TSLA retail investors that simply hold.

Indeed, I would argue that retail longs are more powerful wrt Tesla than almost any other company.

As I and others have observed in past years, the gyrations of Tesla’s share prices have led to high conviction retail holders, such as myself, building ever larger and more concentrated positions with little intention of selling anytime soon. Weak longs have been routinely shaken out.

Large, concentrated positions in the hands of "pry-them-from-my-cold-dead-hands" holders means that the "true" float is much smaller than might otherwise be the case. This is to the long term benefit of retail longs though, perhaps perversely, this may ease manipulation and allow for increased volatility. Sorry, not sorry for that.

To put it another way and no offense intended, while you‘re kvetching about the weather, I’m thinking about the climate.

From my long term view, things look grand. As for a low IV, it is irrelevant to my life, whereas preserving my low resting pulse matters.

edit: Of course my holdings are minuscule compared to the whales mentioned above. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

TL; DR: Among the 100 most influential people in 2021, TIME named Elon Musk, "a man who has devoted his life to breaking free of limits and constraints." TIME emphasizes that "Musk isn't just changing how we transport ourselves, he's augmenting human possibilities. And by doing it all with his relentlessly optimistic, space-half-full showmanship, he's offering a model for how we can solve the big, existential challenges in front of us."

Well said.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.38.26 PM.png

He needs 5M more shares if he wants to supplant the top 10...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eugene Ash
If you need more proof that ol’ Sawyer has no idea what he’s talking about (is he out of high school yet?):
View attachment 713054
“Yield is whether that step is good or bad” 😂
My interpretation of this exchange is:

The question is asking what is the cause of none-100% yield, is it because some cells would have lower performance, or the the line is running slower than the designed throughput.

My impression is the criteria is more than cell performance or capacity, it could also include whether the cell is safe to use.

For example, I imagine if raw materials were denting the roller, there could be uneven film areas pressing separator and increase potential of leakage, although the performance and capacity could be all good.

Sawyer was being careful to not used the word”safe/unsafe” so he answered it as “(The line is not running with reduced throughput), yield is a series of binary events for each output cell, cells would be either good or bad as result of each step of the process, (so it’s not just performance of the final cell)”.

As he said yield is pretty high now, I would read it as that specific problem was long gone,(and likely it was just thrown out as a random example to show the existing problems were all easy-to-fix engineering problems, but they need to find them out first)

He could have done better wording for the answer, but I don’t read that as he doesn’t know what he is talking about.

[snip]
From a market perspective, recall the summer of 2018 when there was a concerted effort to "short-to-kill" Tesla. I held knowing of and aiming to combat this effort even though much of my position was down by half at that point. Those retail investors who did as I did, and a good number of them are here, helped Tesla weather a dangerous storm.

Powerless? I think not—these are not small things.
[snip]
Yeah, fun times. Should have just gone all in, but ghosts of 2008 still haunted me at the time.

Here's just a few:

Those were the days.jpg

EDIT: Forgot: "Diamond Hands FTW"

Current Norwegian quarterly record is 7,174 cars. With seven six weekdays to go Tesla is at 5,982 6,226. That is 1,192 948 behind. Which translates to 170 158 cars per weekday remaining. Todays sales were 303 239.

It seems like a final ship is going from Zeebrugge to Oslo arriving this weekend. If it is indeed carrying Teslas this record should get smashed.

Current Norwegian quarterly record is actually 7,178 cars. I swear it used to say 7,174. But lets go with the four extra wherever they came from. With seven six five weekdays to go Tesla is at 5,982 6,226 6,391, This is 1,192 948 787 behind. Which translates to 170 158 157 cars per weekday remaining. Todays sales were 303 239 162.

Pretty clear signs that they are starting to run lower on the number of cars at hand. First day in forever that more m3 than mY were sold (82 vs 80). I predict the number tomorrow could go down further and possibly Monday as well but with fresh cars coming off the last ship from Zeebrugge over the weekend the record should still be achievable.

Tesla Registration Stats

Last edited:
Last edited: