Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
max score internally is 115, gets rounded down to 100 on the app.

But you absolutely can get above 100.

That means people that have that one rare edge case that happens once a week or on certain spot on the daily commute can drive well enough overall to make that a non issue.
Wonderful! But it should show on the APP with unicorn 🦄 colors and shinies and stuff.

So many reddit users pointed out that this guy is a fake and is not a real AP engineer based on past post. So I'm going to label this as fake news unless more credibility from him is shown.

Yup, some people did some digging through his older tweets. Seems like 50/50 chance he's fake. He's either fake or he just recently got hired to the Autopilot team. What's he's posted so far is really just regurgitated information from the past

• Informative
Reactions: jw934
The NHTSA should investigate this: :p

"Thanks to a Reddit user, we now have our first look at the feature in action. In a video shared by u/pengellyb, his Model Y can be seen slowing down from 56mph (90km/h) to 46mph (74km/h) as he approaches a police car on the side of the highway with its lights activated."​

Cheers!

I wonder with V10.1 since they're moving NOA over to the FSD stack, if the car will not only slow down but move over to the adjacent lane when emergency vehicles are spotted. It should be a relatively easy and quick thing to add once the highways are moved over to the FSD stack.

Is there any new telemetry being used for Tesla Insurance calc? Seems any phone app has an enertial sensor and could measure all this. Only the vehicle would know it's in a turn, but seem so basic. Maybe they're just warming up.
I raced a lambo in my Model X while towing a trailer (I won).

What’s the scoring hit for ludicrous launch while in trailer mode?

View attachment 714147

Lol, ya want to increase Tesla revenue overnight? Just add FSD Trailer Mode option for another $5K. (I wish.)

max score internally is 115, gets rounded down to 100 on the app.

But you absolutely can get above 100.

That means people that have that one rare edge case that happens once a week or on certain spot on the daily commute can drive well enough overall to make that a non issue.
Source? Or are you guessing?

Reactions: hobbes
Felt like it was my duty to post the PSA of the day:

1632586880136.png

Few items of note

1. I went for a short drive and it took maybe an hour after for the safety score to show on my app. I also restarted the app a couple [hundred] times.

2. As previously reported everything is the same from a user perspective.

3. I’m VERY curious if putting my P3 into track mode makes it ignore the driving of that particular drive. Maybe my next outing I’ll give it a test. While I was happy that it doesn’t ding acceleration I was saddened to see it dings you for carving corners. That’s one of my many pleasures in life. It already dinged me for a “hard” turn while I was driving full on DMV driver’s test style.View attachment 714071 Track mode…engage.
I want bonus points for smoking a Mach-E.

Moved to Austin! And appears that it is only virtual, but will have a webcast of course.

It’s more and more obvious that corporate HQ is moving there, too.

I wonder with V10.1 since they're moving NOA over to the FSD stack, if the car will not only slow down but move over to the adjacent lane when emergency vehicles are spotted.

Yes, Elon already stated that they hope to have this by October. I expect the BIG takeaway is that they have a definate timeline for moving to a single stack for Autopilot and FSD beta. That's the only way the car could show the FSD visuals onscreen before FSD is authorized (as Elon replied to this European Tesla owner):

® APH Æ L on Twitter: "@elonmusk @28delayslater @KounisTou Hey @elonmusk , is the FSD visualization also coming for non FSD beta tester in Europe for example ? Thanks" / Twitter

Last edited:
Is there any new telemetry being used for Tesla Insurance calc? Seems any phone app has an enertial sensor and could measure all this. Only the vehicle would know it's in a turn, but seem so basic. Maybe they're just warming up.

Lol, ya want to increase Tesla revenue overnight? Just add FSD Trailer Mode option for another $5K. (I wish.)
Probably won't be good for my score, but I've been able to activate autopilot while towing just fine. Once you get rolling and trailer mode disables Autopilot, go into the appropriate screen and manually turn off trailer mode. Good to go.

I only do that on pretty boring straight stretches of highway and stick to the speed limit religiously in these situations and haven't had trouble with it.

Now that I mention it, any bets on when that gets taken away? Lack of autopilot when towing is my biggest peeve. I make a 60 mile drive pretty regularly that I don't use Autopilot due to silly speed restrictions on the highway, and 250 mile drives on the Interstate using Autopilot. The interstate drives are less stressful and fatiguing than the 60 mile drives, at least for me.

The only bummer for me in that list is that I reasonably often get a forward collision warning when a car in front of me is turning off the road, and I can tell it will be out of my way by the time I get there (though prepared to give it some extra space if needed or brake if it suddenly stops) yet the Tesla flags a collision warning anyway. I keep hoping the vision stack will take over from radar and recognize that it’s not a generic obstacle but a car departing the roadway!

I would have though speed relative to limit or running red lights were factors… curious that they are not but I guess that’s what the data analysis told them.
You must remember that Tesla's criteria is based off data. What you describe is how many experienced drivers tend to drive, but it doesn't mean, statistically, it's the safest behavior. In Tesla's quest for 10x safer FSD, it seems likely that some of it's behaviors might not be what we would (want it to) do...

As a current P100D owner and very soon Plaid owner, I’m honestly thinking I might be better off with an insurance company that’s blissfully unaware of my driving habits beyond the conventional measures of age, accidents and tickets! 😬
This seems likely for some. The challenge is if Tesla can use their data advantage to offer significant savings to "safe" drivers and they attract many of the safest drivers due to low rates, the pool of non-Tesla insured drivers will, statistically, become higher risk. That would drive those rates higher and further expand the price delta. Theoretically.

This might get some bad press in China. Seems as if the guy bought a used CPO from Tesla, had a drive unit failure, wanted the car taken back instead of repaired, and subsequent investigation revealed previous collision repair. The translation is a bit garbled.

If not already posted:
https://www.eetimes.com/hurricane-homendy-bearing-down-on-tech-sector/

Excerpt:

“My expectation of the probable path of the investigation begins with Tesla simply ignoring NHTSA’s data request. Using NTSB’s exhaustive investigative work and safety recommendations, my assessment is that NHTSA will subsequently declare Tesla’s automation software defective, based on inadequate monitoring of driver attention state and engagement level that resulted in multiple crashes with first responder vehicles and highway crashes with loss of life.

NHTSA will instruct Tesla to disable Autopilot and “Full Self-Driving” on all vehicles via an over-the-air update. Tesla will ignore that directive too, and then the fireworks will begin.

Those who think the administration has no power to rein-in Tesla may wish to consider that President Biden could simultaneously order Tesla to be blocked from the global dollar payment system (CHIPS) and trading in its shares and bonds suspended. The impact on the company and its investors would be severe.”

Comments?