Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very low probablility that one sub-system is affected, while all other semiconductor sources in every other vehicle sub-systems are secured. There's either a chip shortage or not.

Nonsense.

In the first place, "chips" is a vast array of different products. You might as well say "Hoses" or "Clamps". For some tasks you can use a fairly basic micro-controller. For others you are looking at complete processors similar to what you might find in a smartphone.

Most of the chips in cars are used are for extremely basic functions. "When the temperature exceeds 200 degrees and this valve is open, turn on this pump".

Supercruise is a whole other problem set. You can't just run the Supercruise on the same microcontroller the fuel pump uses.

I would suggest it's more along the lines of prioritizing drivers who intervene early and drive the questionable sections of road themselves.
That's pretty much the same selection bias. Either Tesla avoid drivers who use AP on questionable sections of road or the selected drivers are those who avoid questionable sections of road. Either way, the earlier stages of the test avoids exposure to questionable sections of road.

Curiously, Tesla could examine which sections of road these candidates tend to avoid using AP on. This could create a very informative map of AP problem spots. Eventually, Tesla will want to refine FSD so that it has no problems at all over these challenging sections of road.

To this I can add that TMY is the 6th most sold car model in Norway YTD. Quite impressive since it did not start selling until August.

The TM3 is the model most sold this year - 9266 cars vs 4873 of the TMY.

VW loudly announced their goal for 2021 was for the ID.4 to become the most sold car this year. They are currently in 3rd with 6289 cars sold. The second place is held by the best selling fossil - Toyota's Rav4 at 7217 cars sold.
Thank you, @Christine69420. This is the kind of analysis I care about going forward - how are Tesla models selling compared to leading ICEs (i.e. the Toyota RAV4)? (and soon, the CyberTruck compared to the F-150, etc.)

It's not helpful or constructive to keep comparing how much Teslas are outselling other EVs if their market share is still in single digits!

Lead the way, Norway!!

Nonsense.

In the first place, "chips" is a vast array of different products. You might as well say "Hoses" or "Clamps". For some tasks you can use a fairly basic micro-controller. For others you are looking at complete processors similar to what you might find in a smartphone.

Most of the chips in cars are used are for extremely basic functions. "When the temperature exceeds 200 degrees and this valve is open, turn on this pump".

Supercruise is a whole other problem set. You can't just run the Supercruise on the same microcontroller the fuel pump uses.
Obviously not the same. But a lane keeper is hardly a complex system that's too tall a task for half processors out there. I would think power management, braking and safety systems, or entertainment are all easy? But ALL the chips are there for everything else on the vehicle, just not Supercruise? Maybe you missed my point, and I don't buy the chip shortage. This is regulation driven.

Reactions: Queeg500
You misunderstand -- I'm applying my brain power to receiving the FSD Beta as soon as possible! :)
🤣 My post wasn’t aimed specifically at you but rather the whole culture of finding fault at every turn, I would even argue it’s going out of one’s way to find fault.

The ridiculousness of someone writing an article about the possible unsafeness of a generated safety score for FSD purposes is quite literally face punch worthy.

Obviously not the same. But a lane keeper is hardly a complex system that's too tall a task for half processors out there. I would think power management, braking and safety systems, or entertainment are all easy? But ALL the chips are there for everything else on the vehicle, just not Supercruise? Maybe you missed my point, and I don't buy the chip shortage. This is regulation driven.
"Chips" is this super generic sounding term, but it encompasses hundreds of different processors. Most of them are super basic, VW's CEO suggested $0.50 chips holding up $50,000 cars.

Even if a processor is powerful enough, you can't just sub-in another one. Otherwise the auto industry would just slurp up the processors they use to make these: Raspberry Pi Pico

"Regulation driven"?

So Musk, along with the executives of every major auto maker have invented this giant cover up story? I think your tin-foil hat is a bit tight.

Reactions: GOVA
Thank you, @Christine69420. This is the kind of analysis I care about going forward - how are Tesla models selling compared to leading ICEs (i.e. the Toyota RAV4)? (and soon, the CyberTruck compared to the F-150, etc.)

It's not helpful or constructive to keep comparing how much Teslas are outselling other EVs if their market share is still in single digits!

Lead the way, Norway!!

If you look here Registered vehicles
you can find stats like this table:

ByFuel.png

...and if you look here: Bilsalget i september 2021

you can find stats about car sales. Only in Norwegian but someone invented Google Translate.

This is from that site - Top 20 car models sold in September (first Antall) and 2021 (second Antall):

ModelsTop20.png

Fisker model will be built in Ohio by Foxconn plant says Fisker on CNBC.

Their cheaper model. Marketed to urban young.

Their more traditional compact CUV is being made by Magna Steyr.

If Magna can get two more North American clients they will build a factory in the USA or Canada.

If not they will build the Fisker compact CUV in Austria.

I just dont understand why we have to discuss this daily in this thread. I wish we could file "bashing troys numbers" right there with "anything gojo says" in the same cabinet as the other dead horses.
I’ll tell you why (again) - M.O.N.E.Y.

When a person does something that takes away or possibly takes away money, or there’s any perceived chance of money being lost, people are going to lose their ever-loving banana splits. Every. Single. Time. Until money doesn’t mean anything of significance to them.

People pay him. People invest based on what he presents. And because he’s public, people against Tesla can and have and do use what he presents whenever they can to negatively impact TSLA.

That is why it keeps coming up.

TSLA's 10-day Moving Average MA(10) is currently about 764.35

Since hedgies generally want at least 10 bucks of churn intraday, and they know the SP is likely to close at at least 775 (see Options Open Interest), they may be targeting the MA(10) for the MMD:

EDIT: Chart updated to 10:20 ET

View attachment 716672

GLTA.

Cheers!

were-not-worthy-waynes-world.gif