Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a big deal to me. With all the turbulence in China. With so much wealth leveraged and tied to real estate... to see strong sales is just awesome.

We have bounced off $800 twice this week. My bet is today $800 will hold. I dont believe in technical trading BUT often it takes 3 times to get over these psychological thresholds. I remember when we moved past $1,000 before the stock split, we bounced back off it about a dozen times

On to longer timelines. I have a very simple prediction on TSLA share price which ties in to those some other people have made on YouTube etc. but much simpler.

By end of 2030....
- If Tesla ramps up car production to 10m per year, we can expect the share price to go up $1 per day until then ($1bn value added per day) to reach $3,400 by 2030
- If Tesla also solves FSD, share price will go up $2 per day to reach $6,800 by 2030 (share price will double within a month of FSD being rolled out)
- If Tesla produces so many batteries, they can also revolutionize the energy sector, share price will go up by $3 per day to reach $10,200 by 2030

This is going to be my mantra until there is some hard evidence suggesting otherwise

Lol...ths just popped up in my Facebook memories from 1 year ago...

FB_IMG_1634043537359.jpg

People have love affairs with their cars, and yet Tesla has completely disrupted the automotive industry. In contrast, folks despise and loathe their utility providers; once Tesla is able to turn its resources and focus to distributed generation and energy storage utility disruption will occur at at breakneck speed.

I would love if they brought back Titanium Metallic. :cool:
Not me, I like my "unique" car. Going to the Service Center mine is easy to pick out since it is usually the only 1 out of 200+ on the lot, and I love to stand out at Superchargers vs all the white/black/blue/red ones. 😝

But I was hoping for more color choices (almost like pick your color from RGB color codes) from a "state of the art" paint shop. 🥺 Although people would probably get a color that doesnt look the same in person and then be upset and not take delivery. OK, this is probably a bad idea.
1634045277318.png

People have love affairs with their cars, and yet Tesla has completely disrupted the automotive industry. In contrast, folks despise and loathe their utility providers; once Tesla is able to turn its resources and focus to distributed generation and energy storage utility disruption will occur at at breakneck speed.

I've already done this. I HATE SDG&E with an unbridled passion.

99.8% self-sufficient with solar+powerwalls over the past 3 years.

That last .2% is a bear, however. Once you get beyond 2 days of grey, it's hard to get the powerwalls charged up enough.

Yes. Definately. Or possibly DaMan (damn manipulators).
I'm not professing knowledge, but from recent reading it was my impression that the MM's (market makers) are essentially providing liquidity, they publish the options prices and are bound to honour trades at the bid/ask. When they trade an option, they pass it on ASAP for a small profit. They look to make pennies on the trades. They don't care the closing price on Friday as they don't tend to hold options, if they do then they will have hedged them so they're neutral. This is what I've read...

For the MM's (market manipulators), I think this is more the Hedgie's, they're the ones selling the naked shorts and trying to manoeuvre the SP so that the majority of their help positions produce the most profits. They don't give a shirt about anyone or anything and would sell their own mothers if they could get away with it

I've already done this. I HATE SDG&E with an unbridled passion.

99.8% self-sufficient with solar+powerwalls over the past 3 years.

That last .2% is a bear, however. Once you get beyond 2 days of grey, it's hard to get the powerwalls charged up enough.
Have your hot water heater turn down 4 degrees for that .2%.

And what was their source? Nobody I spoke with said they were imported, it also doesn't make sense.

Stamping is operational, for all parts. They have a permit for limited production of parts. snice Friday they also have a permit for the production of 250 cars. There were some imported body's, but they were wrapped in foil and stored away.

[edit]
Imagine you've just build a multi million dollar stamping machine, with all the stamps ready. And you have permission to produce parts (limited) and then you import the parts?
[/edit]
First of all, *prototype* parts are often used at the start before all dies are done and trialed or the press lines are finished being commissioned and programmed. It’s a long process, arguably the longest process from start to finish, and we’ve no idea where they are in it.

Don’t get upset thinking the parts came from Fremont or China to allow GA and BIW to run their own trials and setups until stamping (again, arguably the longest lead time process) is ready. Happens all the time. It’s normal.