Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

SN_8

Jan 5, 2021
USA
Did you have the case of TSLA options at various strikes and expiry traded around the same time?
I traded TSLA options both in taxable and IRA accounts within the 30 day window.
Were your TSLA options (assuming all call options) treaded as different securities by Tradelog when the strike and expiry were different, or were they all treated as equivalent security?
Short answer is yeah, I've had all those scenarios. Sometimes treated as equivalent. Sometimes not. DM me if it would help if I pull some examples or if you have questions.
You do know that he reads this thread, right?

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif
So? Perhaps the criticism could have been worded slightly more politely, but Rob has thick skin and to his credit is very open to constructive criticism.

hobbes

Feb 11, 2013
Germany
More info on the office space from HP Tesla has taken over (discussed here yesterday):

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada

jamaatta

Aug 12, 2020
Finland
Do you think that Giga Fest was organized at last weekend before beginning of test / preproduction? Is it a coincidence, that on 14th of October is the deadline for last complaints? That a factory worker said they can start (test) production in two hours after approval?

On the other words, is Tesla starting it's money printing machines at the end of this very week?

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
Looking at the pre-market, I think the battle is already under way, $798 right now and climbing!

Pre-market peaked at just over $801, capping now going on to hold the SP below $800. Big "Call Wall" for MMs to avoid there, and lots more above that Strike Price too.

TSLA.2021-10-12.07-28.Hi.png

Cheers!

lascavarian

little endian
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2017
usa
Short answer is yeah, I've had all those scenarios. Sometimes treated as equivalent. Sometimes not. DM me if it would help if I pull some examples or if you have questions.

So? Perhaps the criticism could have been worded slightly more politely, but Rob has thick skin and to his credit is very open to constructive criticism.
Seems like it would be possible to set up a driver profile for FSD testing to make it easy get the settings optimized consistently. That would be one option that might be useful In the early parts of the learning experience.

avoigt

Sep 5, 2017
Germany
And what was their source? Nobody I spoke with said they were imported, it also doesn't make sense.

Stamping is operational, for all parts. They have a permit for limited production of parts. snice Friday they also have a permit for the production of 250 cars. There were some imported body's, but they were wrapped in foil and stored away.

[edit]
Imagine you've just build a multi million dollar stamping machine, with all the stamps ready. And you have permission to produce parts (limited) and then you import the parts?
[/edit]
A senior European Tesla Manager is my source - he knows what he talks about. It makes total sense because without a construction permit production steps are not allowed!

2 other senior line Managers at the factory line confirmed it too

Its incorrect that they have a permit for 250 cars, what they have a permit for according to 1 media source (can't find anything official) is 250 bodies.

It does not matter if Friday an approval was in, they wouldn't have any time to produce a single part when they prepare the County Fair

Sorry but I must say that your comment reveals you don't know a lot about how a factory is planned and getting started. The 250 units are not even for real production but to start the calibration process of the stamping machine. Without proper calibration and adjustment, you do get not usable parts. The 350 body permit has nothing to do with producing 250 finished vehicles. In order to be able to install all machines, you need stamped body parts. Thats one of many reasons why you import them from other factories. That's not unique to Tesla but every automaker makes it that way.

The Accountant

Aug 6, 2019
Connecticut, USA
Q3 Earnings - Street Consensus

Street Consensus is starting to move up for Q3 earnings EPS.
Last Week:
$1.43 - Yahoo
$1.45 - Bloomberg

Now:
$1.49 - Yahoo
$1.56 - Bloomberg

I hope the Analysts don't continue to increase the estimates to engineer a "miss"; but I suspect the consensus will continue to increase.

Ipcress

Apr 7, 2021
USA
Literally, that book sits on my desk for daily reference.

Since Curt won't promote it himself, anyone interested can grab a copy on Amazon:

Quick and easy "vacation" read or something to read when you have a weekend off.
Ordered!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC