Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2013
At home
My answer is to not day trade
Certainly makes for a more peaceful existence, but our stages in life and needs aren't always the same. I've made roughly $1M from options premiums so far this year, which covers the price of my house renovations without having to eat into my exiting capital. Is it stressful, yes, a times a lot, but it's also as life-changing as the original $TSLA investment - see "other" thread if interested...

Last edited:

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
If I had been selling cars with LG batteries for the past few years I'd be very nervous. It suggests that this was mostly LG Chem's issue.

Drezil

100k/Day-Club Wannabe
Jan 14, 2021
Germany
Considering the slope the NASDAQ has been on we have done nicely.

If it turns positive, we might make 815.
from a visual look at the max-pain chart i would have said that MM will target 790-795 for friday. This can change after today, as we have a lot of action at the 800 calls & puts. Will be interesting to see what sticks.

But we have decent-size call-walls at 800, 810, 820 and friday is monthly expiration with more volume.

I i was forced to guess i would say 797.5 for friday & blowout on monday. But depends on the macros if MM will get away with that.

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US

So yeah Ford......so much for that huge demand you're seeing :rolleyes:

The longer the "chip shortage" excuses go on, the more it's apparent it's a demand problem for legacy auto.
They are most likely pushing this so the upcharge from dealers wouldn't be so evident in the monthly payment. I checked locally and high demand cars like the Bronco has a 15k upcharge over msrp. The Mach E however doesn't have a very high upcharge. People who were looking for a 29k car now can pay the same monthly charge for a 38k car if they just keep extending that loan pay off time.

StarFoxisDown!

Jan 23, 2019
Seattle
They are most likely pushing this so the upcharge from dealers wouldn't be so evident in the monthly payment. I checked locally and high demand cars like the Bronco has a 15k upcharge over msrp. The Mach E however doesn't have a very high upcharge. People who were looking for a 29k car now can pay the same monthly charge for a 38k car if they just keep extending that loan pay off time.

The issue with legacy auto is there insane number of different models.

Sure the Bronco could be in high demand. But the majority of their lineup is likely seeing weak demand. They're simply not going to be dropping credit score requirements unless they're seeing soft demand/lack of customers across most of their lineup. Anytime you see them doing this, it's 99% demand issues. One or two models that are popular can't save them.

Krugerrand

Enough of the 🐩, back to 🐈‍⬛
Jul 13, 2012
Tesla friendly place
We have bounced off $800 twice this week. My bet is today $800 will hold. I dont believe in technical trading BUT often it takes 3 times to get over these psychological thresholds. I remember when we moved past $1,000 before the stock split, we bounced back off it about a dozen times

On to longer timelines. I have a very simple prediction on TSLA share price which ties in to those some other people have made on YouTube etc. but much simpler.

By end of 2030....
- If Tesla ramps up car production to 10m per year, we can expect the share price to go up $1 per day until then ($1bn value added per day) to reach $3,400 by 2030
- If Tesla also solves FSD, share price will go up $2 per day to reach $6,800 by 2030 (share price will double within a month of FSD being rolled out)
- If Tesla produces so many batteries, they can also revolutionize the energy sector, share price will go up by $3 per day to reach $10,200 by 2030

This is going to be my mantra until there is some hard evidence suggesting otherwise
What the birthday cake am I going to do with all that money?!

HG Wells

Martian Embassy
Apr 5, 2016
Visas Tuesdays 2-4
What the birthday cake am I going to do with all that money?!
Buy a mountain that's also an island !
1634052253209.jpeg

jhm

May 23, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Which solar stocks do you like?
I hold SolarEdge, Enphase, SunPower, Hannon Armstrong, and Maxeon. I wouldn't assert that these are the best names in solar, but they have worked well for me.

With LNG prices soaring well past $30/mmBtu as Europe and Asia try to outbid each other in advance of a cold winter, it's pretty darn clear that all continents need to step up wind, solar and battery installations. Tesla Energy should be able to tap into this (if only they had more battery cells). If Tesla's big battery in Texas can help avert a repeat ERCOT disaster this winter, that would help solidify the case for more battery systems.

Jackl1956

May 11, 2013
Los Angeles
@The Accountant @Artful Dodger @Curt Renz @Papafox

I’m just going to fall right on my sword — I’ve been name dropping. I’ve been referring folks to TMC and specifically telling them to check you guys out.

I just drove from Southern California to New Orleans to Tuscaloosa Alabama and now I’m driving home. I’ve been telling folks about you guys all across America. I’m hoping forgiveness is easier than permission.

Oddly, I ran into a fellow Southern California TMC’er at a Supercharger in Meridian Mississippi. We maybe growing exponentially, but it’s still a small world. A shout to Mace; very cool plaid Model S.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC