Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
13M shares in 1 hour of trading, not bad.
We're testing $900 on good volume, do we call this peak profits for 10/29 calls? I'm gonna hold out. Volume is just too rabid.

If we crack $900 this week or Monday, Lord knows how high we could squeeze. Likely trigger some fairly hardcore retail and MM short covering.

Actually 40 GWh/yr capacity
View attachment 723859
There is a spot market for battery cells: Tesla Megapacks. OEM competitors will never get cheap surplus cells like the microchips they rely on, so long as Tesla can bundle the cheapest good-quality cells and sell them off as a grid resources. 40GWh is enough for about 800,000 competitor EVs. So Tesla is defending against competitors being able add as many EVs to the market as Tesla currently builds itself.

While this perspective may seem contrary to mission to accelerate sustainable energy, it is not. Rather when Tesla sets a floor price for cells, it gives cell makers the confidence to ramp up ASAP. It derisks investments in battery supply to have a buyer for any volume that EV OEMs might not need.

This chart is a huge signal to cell makers to accelerate their expansion plans.

So this is what the stock should do with those earnings, right?

Right? After HODLing through many previous quarterly results and seeing the SP drop next day (but recover quickly), once again I had evil thoughts yesterday of selling maybe 1/3 to take advantage of this pattern. As it happens, I was stuck at an even number of shares and could not upset this balance in my universe.
I too have bought and sold stock to obtain a round number. I also recently moved a tiny bit of cash between bank accounts because the balance would become a likable number. I think I'll quit there, or people might think I'm strange or something.
Also, tesla SP up after great earnings = huhwhat?

1634827693755.png