Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do think that it allows Tesla to secure pricing and put the Model 3 lines into very efficient run sequences where each and every car coming out of the factory is exactly the same. Allows production to be more efficient and produce more in the same amount of time.
Also easier delivery. As for pricing, maybe no coincidence that Tesla increased prices late last week? More demand = higher price tolerated by consumers (including future commercial buyers such as Hertz).

Bitcoin next:
1635168843479.png

With FB passed, the next hurdle is a little more difficult. Now TSLA has to rise 74-77% or so (precise is a function of # shares outstanding and I don't believe we've seen the appropriate update) in order to overtake where AMZN is right now.

Summary: unlikely before the end of next week.

On edit: those commodity, etc., data are moronic. As in: wrong.

Now it’s unlikely Hertz is going to place another order like that anytime soon. And I don’t see how Avis, et. al competes here without buying a bunch of Teslas of their own.
Hertz is also advertising for Tesla on their blog:

"Start experiencing the hallmarks of this aspirational brand when you reserve Model 3 online or on the Hertz app today."

Also, Hertz standard holding period for their fleet cars is 13 months, so this initial order may be repeated almost annually, and also release a lot of used Teslas into the market.

Have we finally surpassed Facebook? This looks like an error to me every time I see that this crap is "worth" more than Tesla, the company that will bring us into a sustainable future and is tackling climate change at the forefront.

Edit: oh, I fear I missed some posts. So Facebook is done, great. However, at the day Saudi Aramco is overtaken, I will throw the biggest party our small village has ever seen.

Good times ahead!

I was mulling over the reported Hertz sale, and I have to say that I'm not sure it should move the SP

• It reads as a vote of confidence in Tesla and I'm sure it is. But Tesla will not sell *more* cars because of this since demand already outstrips supply. And I'll play the Debbie downer and note that Hertz has to resupply its fleet in short order and Tesla may be the only manufacturer able at this time to meet the order.
  • Will Hertz look after these cars and promote them as well as a private customer ? I doubt it
  • Will these cars be used as much as a private car ? I doubt it will be more.
I suppose it comes down to this: I can see downsides easily. Upside is more of a gamble.
Very possible that the Hertz deal is just the first...how many rental car companies are there? How will the other rental car companies compete without buying a large % of Tesla's?

In that case I could definitely see at least urban superchargers being installed at locations. Co-locating a "regular" Supercharger site at an airport location (with 250 kW+ stalls) probably wouldn't make sense though as most airport locations would be quite poor for someone looking to charge during a road trip.
I hope they are purchasing LR models. Charging is a pain in the ass if you don't have a destination charger to plug into overnight. Supercharger stops on a road trip aren't a problem because it's nice to stop after driving for a few hours anyway. Hopefully this spurs investment in badly needed destination charging at hotels and Airbnb's etc.

I think the pop to $945 was due to this news hitting:

Going to be a sea change in renting a car. Hertz adds 1-2 superchargers & the car fills up while it is cleaned for the next rental & it cost Hertz $5 in electricity. Every car goes out full charge and you don’t spend the last 30min of your vacation looking for a close gas station & remembering what your fuel level was. ‬And Hertz doesn’t have to track gas or gas prices or send someone to fill it up. Geez, they’ll all do it and we won’t have any cars for ourselves!

Last edited:
Have we finally surpassed Facebook? This looks like an error to me every time I see that this crap is "worth" more than Tesla, the company that will bring us into a sustainable future and is tackling climate change at the forefront.

Edit: oh, I fear I missed some posts. So Facebook is done, great. However, at the day Saudi Aramco is overtaken, I will throw the biggest party our small village has ever seen.

Good times ahead!

We passed Aramco back in the run up to S&P inclusion, they're not worth anything near the $2T they claim. The only public dollars owning Aramco are on the Saudi exchange and held by Saudi billionaires who are.......encouraged.....to invest.

Perhaps worth $600B or so. For now.