Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude, you are using some technical definition of dilutive that no one uses with regard to public companies and stock options. As far as Tesla public accounting statements go, Musk exercising these options have zero effect on EPS calculations, which is all anyone cares about.

I don't believe that's true. If Elon doesn't exercise the options by the expiration date, then they expire. Guess what that means? That's right, the shares reserved for the exercise of those options remain in the company's treasury. That tells us that the granting of the options was not dilutive and thus must be backed out.

Thus the exercise of the options is dilutive (in the end) while the non-exercise of those options is not dilutive. This is not a technical detail, it explains that the decision to exercise the options (or not) does determine whether shares leave the company's treasury. And that is the essence of what dilution is.

In other words, if the dilution was recorded when the options were granted, it must be reversed if the options expire unexercised.

I think the high risk question for this week will be: approximately what will TSLA's low be this week and what will be its end of week, or mid-week high. Because if we had a pair, and we were spot on on your projections, there may be a mint to be made out there. Or lost. For example, if it dropped to $1,100 on Monday or Tuesday and then rebounded to $1,200 by Thursday or Friday, what could you make if you bought $1,150 (or pick a price) Calls for Friday near the low and sold near the high? 10X? 20X? 50X? Better odds than a lottery ticket...but potentially as painful as catching a falling knife.
So in many words, you summed up the stock market for us? 😜

1bnrabb5i8y71.jpg

Been practicing green light, red light with my kids at the park today!

I love when people disclaim they sold at a recent top and, of course, will buy back at lower SP. Brilliant!!

Isn't that how you do it? Buy low, sell high? 🤪

People who sell it all whenever they think the share price seems over-extended have probably left a lot, and I mean a lot, of money on the table during the mind-numbing bull runs we have seen over the last two to three years.

Edge Lord.

Something people say when making fun of someone who is trying to be edgy.

I need to sell some shares by close on Tuesday. First time selling shares. I need the funds to close on a house and get out of renting. Should have sold on Friday but I thought Friday's close looked positive for Monday. Wish I could hold through the dip but I've got a hard deadline.
Im looking to buy some more shares tomorrow. Hope it works out for both of us.

Last OT from me while the weekend is still ongoing:

If you have a spare vehicle, sell that model 3 immediately and buy a brand new one. You'll effectively reset your odometer and get brand new everything for the money you sell your old one for. Used Tesla prices are wild. I say if you have a spare because it's gonna be a long while before you can get a new one...the backlog is enormous.

To segue to on topic a bit, I've been trying to get a model 3 for 6 months. I was on the phone with Tesla today to figure out where the heck my car is, since I've already been assigned a VIN a few weeks ago and I've paid for it in full with an ACH transaction. Tesla phone person mentioned that the backlog is growing, even though I didn't ask about it. Tesla phone person two days ago mentioned something similar.

Get your orders in now!
Well, I actually just sold my C 63 for exactly that reason!.. got about 15% less than I paid for it FIVE YEAR AGO. Times are crazy, but I think they will be moderating. But as for the M3, one won’t get this last of the hand built M3 with full FSD from my cold dead hands, till it comes with a 100Kwh battery, some of the tech from the S (like in cabin ANC) and I can transfer my FSD or pay some nominal fee for it. With only 19K miles on it as of now, even if I could get 80% of what I paid, I still wouldn’t want to part with it, its really one of the most satisaying cars I’ve ever owned/driven and I’ve owned dozens and driven 100’s.

Well those of us that actually believe in the company, unlike those of you that still have any cash left, were already loaded up on those. :cool:

I have some money left over after selling some LEAPS that I HODLed for 1.4 years and bought a home.

Which is why many of us think that Elon could be a bit more careful about what he tweets sometimes.
Elon has said multiple times that he does not care about short term traders. So these short term dips are to be expected and impact only short term traders who buy weekly lotto calls.