Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I have it on good authority it’s a cup and handle that formed. How this guy gets a bullish pennant, I’ve no idea.

@StarFoxisDown! - explain!!
We broke down from the bull flag (green & red) and now are stuck in a pennant (green & blue). The bull flag allowed for a much sooner breakout or breakdown (by mid December). The pennant, on the other hand, runs all the way to mid February. However, by early January the longer term trendline (orange) should provide stronger and higher support for the SP.
1638984867703.png

Last edited:
Any news out there? Or just a random SP spike? Either way, I love it!
Too many upgrades I assume. Today's $1580 broke the algos back?

Light volume today, but at some point MM's don't want to keep eating buy orders just to hit $1055 max pain on a random week. Especially ahead of the 4Q earnings bulldozer.

OT
straying a bit off topic but focusing on the subsidies, which I got sucked into, IF you look at them with a jaundiced eye, they seemed specifically written for the GM Volt, 16kwh battery (of which 10.1kw were usable) and aimed _solely_ at hybrids, from 5Kwh to 16 kwh
$2,500 + $417/kwh from 5kwh - 16kwh (12 steps) to $7,504 (capped at $7,500)
bigger battery, no extra subsidy
And this is what the 'news' organizations should have revealed when writing about the legislation. It's their job. The basic relevant facts are:

1) How much it costs (check)
2) Who benefits the most

Covering only half the story was not an option 20 years ago but I challenge anyone to find a MSM story that reveals this interesting coincidence.

New video from Giga Shanghai. Interesting that they have 12/10 as a date at the end.

It's quite possible that they use the DD/MM date format the rest of the world outside of the US uses.....

EDIT: I watched the video - it does seem to be month月 day 日 (anyone fluent in Chinese able to confirm)?

Further EDIT @Mods: this is not numerology.....

Last edited:
Any news out there? Or just a random SP spike? Either way, I love it!

Well it wasn't macros:

TSLA.chart.2021-12-08.12-53.png

Only noteworthy Tesla story I've seen today surrounds the Tesla CN tweet + video from 11:17 AM · Dec 8, 2021

Of course the speculation would be regarding an upcoming announcement... Anybody here able to translate from Chinese? TIA.

EDIT:

Somebody from the twitterverse has already provided a translation:

Last edited:
We broke down from the bull flag (green & red) and now are stuck in a pennant (green & blue). The bull flag allowed for a much sooner breakout or breakdown (by mid December). The pennant, on the other hand, runs all the way to mid February. However, by early January the longer term trendline (orange) should provide stronger and higher support for the SP.
View attachment 742001
Uh, huh. 😟😕🧐🤨😜🤪

OMG, read that twitter thread, 12/10 = 12/9 in US. Viola!

My theory since viewing WSJ was that Elon did not lie on camera... somehow in his choice of words. I watched it again this AM, still puzzled. But this China video appears to be the most likely answer, because it's NOT 12/9.

Agreed 100% 12/10 in China = 12/9 in US

For the record, Sawyer's Tweet twitter.com /SawyerMerritt/status/1468615730434383878
and the original video link on Weibo m.weibo.cn/u/3615027564#&video

Edit: translation of Chinese Titles from
The Wolf of Sesame Street @buzzyal

1. In-house research
2. Precision
3. In order/In line
4. Efficiency/productivity
5. Go GIGA, let's expose the "excellent" theory/law of Shanghai Giga Factory

6. 12/10, released soon, "special/tesla" coming soon

Tweet author added:
Please note on the last line in chinese is a bit tricky as coming soon is usually "敬請期待". Tesla replace the "敬" word with "特". 特 in chinese is the first word of Tesla (特斯拉), and it can also mean special (特別). So expect maybe a special tesla? tesla 2 perhaps?

TSLA.GigaShanghai.1210.video.jpg

Last edited: