Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll take that bet.. just for fun
I lost. Congrats ;)
New hand, Anti-up! Got a few chips left anyway.

1639082128462.png

Hey, I'll just keep buying until @Artful Dodger tells me otherwise. (Where is he?)

1639082075648.png

100% IRA, No Margin, and 1 underperforming Call. If I need income next year, I might need to sell... the Option.
That's the total risk here IMO, but the upside.... hello!

Or maybe fossil fuel is figuring out that if GM and UAW are led to electrify with politics that the influence of fossil fuel dollars will wane and less subsidy for fossil fuel will flow, less consumers will be doing the weekly pilgrimage to the pump to make their donation…

…what better opportunity to put a damper on that by leveraging the dissatisfaction on the EV fanboy side about recognition and put them into an opponent camp against unions and the government in charge.
Dana seems to have a personal bias in favor of unions.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I can't wait for end of year results so the "experts" can be "surprised" again.

Here are the last several quarters earnings.

I see a trend here.

View attachment 742420
I keep an eye on Yahoo Finance. They currently have $1.92 Consensus Estimate EPS, and will again under estimate Tesla's growth for a forth consecutive quarter. Last quarter Yahoo Finance adjusted their estimate by raising it four times just prior to release of actual results, and still missed it big time. I expect them to do the same this quarter.

@Unpilot, What platform are you using? There does not appear to be an estimate for Q4 shown from your screen shot.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 3.40.22 PM.png

... So this would be a short range single motor?
Probably great mileage as a lighter vehicle is likely to match it. We'd have to see the rest of the vehicle to know the range.

The SR Model Y boom recently in China may indicate interest in lower cost, not necessarily lower range. I wouldn't be surprised if the vehicle paired with this motor could roll just as far despite being a smaller rating.

Reactions: kanweg
Lucid down another 18% today, ouch.

Not sure why all EV companies (fledging and established) are lumped together just because they're classified as "growth stocks". Tesla is clearly kicking a** and taking names, beating out most growth AND non-growth companies in revenue, gross margins, and cash generation. So why are they treated like any other "growth" stock?

I keep an eye on Yahoo Finance. They currently have $1.92 Consensus Estimate EPS, and will again under estimate Tesla's growth for a forth consecutive quarter. Last quarter Yahoo Finance adjusted their estimate by raising it four times just prior to release of actual results, and still missed it big time. I expect them to do the same this quarter.

@Unpilot, What platform are you using? There does not appear to be an estimate for Q4 shown from your screen shot.

View attachment 742432
That was from robinhood.

• Helpful
Reactions: Words of HABIT
View attachment 742439

Tesla rises to the top of the New Zealand Luxury car market after the introduction of an $8,250 EV subsidy (and this is just with the model 3 available).

Our EV subsidy is for cars under $80k, Lexus has just introduced the ux300e , BMW has an i3 model, Audi nothing, Volvo nothing(unless you count the polestar 2 which hasnt started shipping here), JLR and Porsche nothing, Mercedes cheapest EV starts at $86k

Didn't see this posted yet.

Tl;dr. Approved for hands free (L3) at 37 mph. :)
Lol, and in that same article they present a fact that complete contradicts the title.
Seems to be an outright lie AND they knew it.

(Edit: And I didn't even catch the trick.... they beat Tesla NOT Honda, lol)

Mercedes beats Tesla to hands-free driving on highways​

"Mercedes is not the first automaker to market Level 3 technology in a production car. Honda Motor in 2020 received approval from Japanese regulators for such a system in its Legend model, although only deployed it in a limited production run."

TSLA was steadily pummeled down today to close near the day’s low, but just above its 50-day SMA (simple moving average). A pennant formation still appears to be unfolding. Was Elon selling today? Meme traders may have been disappointed by a lack of 12/9 news. Growth stocks, especially EVs, were generally down, perhaps in fear of tomorrow’s Consumer Price Index.