Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1642703328927.png
I I liked this Bollinger design. I know it’s not Tesla’s style and they have a lot going on at the moment but it would be great if Tesla could buy this design and produce something like this one day.

Giga Texas cranking out 4680 Model Y's now ?

Edit: False alert - from @Singuy "This looks to be for the tour display for the Texas opening party. We saw this display set at Berlin's party."

Indeed it would be against all known facts, 4680's are only expected to be in production w/ all kinks resolved later this year. Texas has had to go with the 2170 back up contingency plan months ago when it was clear there were issues with larger rollers vs the Kato Road Fremont pilot plant rollers. One can only expect the existing 4680's being cranked out by Fremont are either stockpiled to ease startup production or are for the semi, Roadster, etc.

TSLA.GigaTX.JoeTeg.220120.jpg

Last edited:
In other news, just how hard is it to make an EV? It is not so easy after all.
An EV Startup Hit a Bump In the Road. It Could Be a Warning Sign for the Sector.
Bollinger Motors just announced last Friday that they are not proceeding with their EV pickup truck B2 and their EV SUV B1 and will refund all the deposits they received from potential purchasers. They will instead concentrate on commercial trucks, although they do not even have a prototype for a semi or van.

Bollinger Motors went from this near finished product:
View attachment 757872 View attachment 757873
to this:
View attachment 757871

Bollinger Motors is a privately owned company. I was expecting big things from Bollinger, and liked their boxy, utilitarian design (similar to Mercedes Benz G Class). I thought they had a great offering, however now obvious that they don’t have what it takes to make their EVs at scale at a profit. Prototypes are easy. Manufacturing EVs is hard. The other legacy autos and EV startups are finding this out the hard way.
The above link also describe the slippery slope for Canoo, Rivian, Lordstown and other EV startups.
I got a chance to take a peak and I had very similar thoughts, wishes, and hopes for Bollinger Motors at a old dealership spot. The rep that I talked to was very aware of the manufacturing difficulties. He knew the biggest challenge was to keep it simple and cheap. Unfortunately the blueprint had too many complex feature. All cool features that I pointed out was countered with “its not making to production”- dual cooling vents, HVAC vents, multiple staggered windows, window opener, etc. At the time I didn’t know the whole car wasn’t making to production 🤯. The pictures below was the actual vehicle in their promo videos and photos.

The old Land Rover dealership now sells used EVs of whcih 90% are Teslas. On one side of the building had about 8 L2 charging setup. The showroom inside is always stocked with Teslas obviously can’t have Bolts indoors. This will be the hybrid model before everyone goes to EV I guess.

447EE1DB-CEF0-4573-ACE7-3DB97DB4ED2B.jpeg

8063CB55-20C6-4FDF-AD08-A3DF08F2A76E.jpeg

8C759385-E1A0-4462-973E-01E1A75BD42C.jpeg

42EAF667-D69A-47C2-B8CD-DE43580A9806.jpeg

4F574DEC-4E0C-4B3C-B8CC-E51FE58258E0.jpeg

09DCCD79-94C3-4517-ABC9-FA033E0F5F2F.jpeg

Nice bounce today but we need to hold the gains in order for it to not be a dead cat.

The death of PTON is so far not affecting the rest of the market. All eyes are on NFLX now.
All eyes on Nflx indeed. If we can have two positive qqq days we might just be able to break that resistance. 10 year looking under control. If we have 2 positive qqq days, we may drop vix down below 20 and this will signal a reversal.

I got a chance to take a peak and I had very similar thoughts, wishes, and hopes for Bollinger Motors at a old dealership spot. The rep that I talked to was very aware of the manufacturing difficulties. He knew the biggest challenge was to keep it simple and cheap. Unfortunately the blueprint had too many complex feature. All cool features that I pointed out was countered with “its not making to production”- dual cooling vents, HVAC vents, multiple staggered windows, window opener, etc. At the time I didn’t know the whole car wasn’t making to production 🤯. The pictures below was the actual vehicle in their promo videos and photos.

The old Land Rover dealership now sells used EVs of whcih 90% are Teslas. On one side of the building had about 8 L2 charging setup. The showroom inside is always stocked with Teslas obviously can’t have Bolts indoors. This will be the hybrid model before everyone goes to EV I guess.

View attachment 757945
View attachment 757946
View attachment 757947
View attachment 757948
View attachment 757951
View attachment 757953

Ahhh the LA auto show main entrance vehicle. Seen that thing there for many years. Knew it would never make production. Just a niche

I know that none of us are invited to the island/mountain of @Krugerrand and I understand it.
I only wish for the sake of our option and swing trader friends here that we could get an advanced notification from @Krugerrand prior to the sale of stock to pay for the purchase, so that we can take advantage of the massive dip that will cause ;)
Unlike @Curt Renz , I’ll sell a little here, a little there, over the build period so as not to dump the SP. You know, I’ll do more like Elon did. 😜

I went into the city centre today and parked in a multi story car park. On my level alone there were three other model 3s in addition to mine. I counted 50 cars in total so my only conclusion is that 8% of cars in Liverpool are Teslas.
I remember seeing my first ever Model 3 on the road and was so excited I posted about it on this forum. From memory that was only about 2 years ago. I rarely go out now without seeing a Tesla, (although I still wave to them!)
The best selling car of 2021 in the UK was the Vauxhall Corsa. The second best was the Tesla Model 3. The growth over the last couple of years is staggering.

Anyway its clear that Teslas are now 10 a penny in the UK so I'm ditching mine and looking for a less common electric car. I understand EVs made by General Motors are quite rare

Anyway its clear that Teslas are now 10 a penny in the UK so I'm ditching mine and looking for a less common electric car. I understand EVs made by General Motors are quite rare
Not only that, but drive a Bolt and you will show all the ladies that you 1) Don't care what people think 2) Don't mind if your ass catches on fire because you like to live "dangerously"....