Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once one reaches a certain age, one must scoop out of one's IRA a certain actuarially-determined percentage of the IRA each year. Fortunately, one has the ability to choose on what day of each year to perform that painful exercise.

What I do each year is transfer the equivalent fraction of TSLA shares from the IRA to my taxable account. I performed that action on Friday; as per the rules, it occurs at the day's closing price so my taxable account now has a nice new chunk of TSLA at $943.90. Better to have the lower cost basis stocks in the account and paying the associated income tax (this is when the tax-free status of the IRA goes away), than otherwise.

As long, of course, as the LT cap gains tax remains at a lower rate than income tax. It's a U.S.A. thing, for all you non-Americans.

The guessing game is when to choose to perform that distribution. Was Friday at or close to the year's low? We shall see.....

Looks smaller. Didn't they say something about downsizing it? That might fit in the garage.
A bit OT, but alas…the weekend still…
Elon originally planned on a slight shrink, but later retracted the comment saying his team assured him there was no way to reduce. That wiper is new and might set a record for largest ever? Wheels look great to me. The CT looks seriously badazz IMO!

Would be great if that was a test mule. If so, we'd be 3 to 6 months from production ramp.

Lol, why do you keep inventing accelerated production ramps, when you KNOW that Cybertruck won't have a volume supply of 4680 cells before end of 2022? That's why Tesla has TOLD us that CT volume production will begin in 2023.

Are you really that eager? I mean, you want to book the CT tooling expense before the product can be produced at a profit? :p

SMH.

Last edited:

No, it's not good news, it's not "News" at all. Some rando on redit posts a misleading comment w. headline linking to a 12 day old article from Reuters?

That story announced the problem, not the resolution. There is no news here at all, good or bad, other than you shouldn't trust headlines on redit.

But that's not news either, is it? :p

does nobody think that the increase of refreshed S&X sales all year are not going to help pad margins while GF4&5 ramp?

even 75k total deliveries in 2022 (50k + more than ‘21) at good ASPs is an extra 1b+ to top line every quarter.

The X is barely trickling out at maybe a few deliveries a day. Unless the issue is resolved soon, the X won't contribute much to the total this year. Lots of people have been waiting well over a year to get their X.

I didn't see it posted before, awaiting mass media FUD...

UK - I got an email entitled "Model 3 Trunk Lid Harness Retrofit" and saying "Tesla has decided to proactively recall model year 2017-2020 Model 3 vehicles to inspect and retrofit the trunk lid harness".

From posting by USA owners, this seems quick/minor check and rarely a fix (also quick and simple). I'm presuming all EU owners will get this and so some FUD might be stirred up. Hopefully no effect.

Indication that cutting out working with dealers for legacy isn't easy. Another Tesla advantage that isn't easy to replicate even in the more freely competitive EU car selling environment.

EU - sacked whistleblower claim/VW say otherwise, VW finance arm (which will be owned by JPMorgan SOON, hence why publicity might not be welcomed) set up for electric cars eg ID - Subscribe to read | Financial Times

I won't quote article as FT can be funny at times even about small quotes (from memory).

I didn't see it posted before, awaiting mass media FUD...

UK - I got an email entitled "Model 3 Trunk Lid Harness Retrofit" and saying "Tesla has decided to proactively recall model year 2017-2020 Model 3 vehicles to inspect and retrofit the trunk lid harness".

From posting by USA owners, this seems quick/minor check and rarely a fix (also quick and simple). I'm presuming all EU owners will get this and so some FUD might be stirred up. Hopefully no effect.
Uh, we went over this + FUD + SP drop a few weeks ago.