Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're at $4425 pre-split and almost certainly a few days/week/months/quarters from ATH. What exactly do these poor folks have to worry about? Again.....this is NOTHING compared to the everyday existential crises of >2018.

Enjoy the ride!
Probably have to worry about the every single day advice on this forum to just borrow against your shares if you have a big purchase coming. Doesn't work out so great when the stock is down from a year ago
Edit: I'm all for people buying now. The point was to not cheer for it to go lower, as you might be buying shares from someone here

Maybe @The Accountant can confirm, but with BTC hitting 33K, I think we now have an impairment on the books for Q1. It will be small if it doesn’t go any lower, but if it continues to drop it could get more significant.

Tesla took an impairment charge a few quarters ago when BTC hit $28,000. Why would they have take another one at $33,000?

Guide.jpg

This feels more like someone big fund getting margin called more than a bear raid, but we can only speculate.

Market action like this is never about one big fund or any individual player, it is a market-wide phenomena caused by a lack of confidence in the economy. The lack of confidence has a cascading effect. People come to their senses when they realize they don't want to be in cash either.

I just bought 200 @ $858.

Buying value, not trying to predict the bottom
We get along well, @StealthP3D , but I think you owe @tivoboy an apology. Not about being right or wrong - we're all guessing, right? - but because you insulted him for even suggesting the SP was going a lot lower. Let's keep it friendly. A simple disagree is fine.