Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone just move from hold to buy? Just got this note from IBKR.

1643128051172.png

Hopefully Moody's does not figure it out this time either. I think it would be fitting if they went belly-up this time around as they have outlived their usefulness by at least 2 decades, if not 4 decades. Smaller more fact-based tech companies, using AI to help make more accurate ratings, should replace them.
If that can be done, why not replace the antiquated, world's slowest, money transfer and clearance system. That should be the precursor to eradicating the DTC, which might eliminate the equally antiquated stock transfer system. In fact virtually all custodian bank services can be eradicated. We cannot forget letters of credit either.
Oh my, I've just proposed eliminating most of my income sources during the 1970's. Good riddance!
While we're at it we should eliminate two others of my erstwhile income sources, SWIFT and correspondent banking.
We are already beginning to attach credit cards, but very, very slowly. That one will eradicate most of my income sources in the early 1980's plus my largest earrings in the early 1970's.

FWIW, the very name 'bank' is sourced from Venetian practice. All those systems have evolved from practices centuries old, intermediaries and all.
The problem is that there is, so far, no way to rebuild these systems from scratch.

We need to remember, while we are at it, that Elon Musk understood all this decades ago. Once zip2 was gone the X.com plan was to do almost everything included in this post, but PayPal ended out with a tiny role, lucrative, but tiny.

Even though it is vestigial thus far Tesla Insurance is a beginning, and payment systems are coming. Cryptocurrencies are a preliminary step to begin the process for those. As some of you know, I first became aware of Elon Musk through X.com. Ever since I have been convinced that Tesla and other entities will chip away...
The incremental value of eliminating the financial industries 'friction' is easy to discount. Proof? The Tesla cash generation cycle could not have happened without very, very careful planning coupled with excellence in supply chain management superior to almost everyone everywhere.

@The Accountant has incorporated a few of these components in his forecasts.

We're just seeing the beginning.

"Unfortunately, Android users do not appear to have the same functionality, as the App update only applies to the iOS platform" - I presume Android users don't have Apple Wallets. Perhaps somebody can verify that. TIA.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure it's a "strategy-based (traditional) margin account", according to ETrade. Not portfolio margin.

Might want to look into PM. I've been using it on TD (ET said they had it too) for the last month, and it's been working nicely and predictably through these SP gymnastics.

Because it's based on portfolio value, its behavior makes sense (eg. a 300 strike call is treated nearly the same as stock).

• Helpful
Reactions: Tim S